9. Complicated

In Paris

9.

Seohyun packed her things up for an outing with her friends. They're going to the beach. She was dressed in a light pink dress matched with a hat and flip-flops. She went outside her room and saw Yoona. Yoona was surprised to see her in her outfit.

"Where are you going, Seohyun-ah?", Yoona asked.

"Mom didn't tell you, didn't she? I'm going out of town with my friends.", Seohyun answered.

"Really? Hmmm, be careful then. Ooh, by the way.... those boys you mentioned.... will they go with you today?"

"Mmm."

"Do you have a decision now?"

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure of it now. Gotta go, unnie."

"Okay. Bye."

Seohyun patiently waited for her friends. A van stopped right in front of her. A girl with braided hair opened the window and said, "Seohyun-ah, let's go." Seohyun smiled and put her headphones on. She went inside the van. She looked around for a seat. Yonghwa and Kyuhyun sat one seat apart from each other to give her a seat. Seohyun sat beside the two of them. It was awkward for the three to be sitting with each other.

------------------------

Yuri and Minho held hands with each other as they walked around Seoul. It was another date. They passed by a snack bar and decided to eat ice cream. It was Minho's treat once again. While they were talking to each other, a familiar looking girl caught Minho's attention. When the girl turned around, Minho realized that it was his sister, Sulli. He didn't have a chance to tell Sulli about his relationship with Yuri before because Sulli was busy with her college life. Minho sank in his seat and tried to cover himself with the menu he picked up from the table behind him. Yuri was surprised.

"Why are you hiding?", Yuri asked him.

"M-My s-s-sister is here. I don't want her to see me.", Minho stammered.

"Arasso. Just hide yourself in there."

Sulli was looking for a table along with her friends. She noticed a vacant table behind Yuri and Minho. She hurried to the table, not noticing her brother. 

"Girls, let's sit here!", Sulli called out.

Yuri smiled as she saw Sulli for the very first time. She sees herself in Sulli; especially when she was still in college. She was the friendly type, the so-called goddess of the class and the intelligent girl who didn't want to lose. Sulli's smile was priceless. Yuri looked at Minho and tried to compare his looks with his sister's. Sulli's eyes were chinky unlike Minho's. They both have black hair. Their brows were thick as well. They have the same eye color. They were both tall. But their noses differ somehow. Sulli had fun with her friends.

"Hey, aren't you gonna eat?", Yuri said softly.

Minho signaled to her a 'thumbs down'. Yuri reached for his bowl of ice cream and decided to finish it. Sulli and Minho were seated on opposite sides. But Sulli always recognized Minho through the perfume and the body wash he uses. Sulli sniffed as she noticed the smell of the perfume Minho always used. She turned her seat around and poked the guy behind him. Yuri wanted to help Minho out.

"Excuse me. You have the same perfume with my brother. What's the brand of that perfume? My brother won't let me take a look of it because he's afraid that I'll gave it to my boyfriend. Can you please tell me the brand?", Sulli asked politely.

Minho placed the menu gently and faced Sulli with embarrassment. He smiled bitterly and waved at her. Sulli was shocked. 

"Oppa!", Sulli yelled.

The people around the snack bar looked at them. Sulli bowed down to the rest of the people. She slapped Minho's arm. Her friends burst into laughter, so as Yuri. Sulli noticed the gorgeous Kwon Yuri sitting in her seat with poise.

"Is she your girlfriend?", Sulli asked.

"Yeah. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. She was the girl who visited Kim's Fashion Empire and left a bracelet. She's Kwon Yuri.", Minho answered.

"Annyeonghasseyo.", Sulli bowed and stuck her hand out, "Sulli inmida."

Yuri shook her hand and said, "You remind me of my college days. Hello, Sulli."

---------------------

Donghae went to hang-out with his friends. He also had time for hang-outs despite the work he has. He saw Eun Hyuk, his best friend since.... birth. Yes, since birth. They were good cousins. They turned out to be closer to each other as time passed by. Eun Hyuk helped Donghae with all his troubles, including love problems. Donghae helped him with his never-ending complaints about his office and employees. They were like brothers. Since Donghae's father died, Eunhyuk only saw Donghae's grief all along. He comforted him, drank with him and went all out with him. After that, the two never saw each other like before. They went back to their daily routine - work, work and work. They are both future business tycoons. Their companies were both popular worldwide. And they are members of the Lee Group. Donghae was overwhelmed when he saw the jolly and energetic Lee Hyukjae. 

Eunhyuk stood up and hugged Donghae. He looked at him as if he never saw him for years. Donghae chuckled. But then, Jessica came. Eunhyuk forgot that there was still something going on with Donghae and she. He spanked himself mentally. Jessica smiled sweetly when she faced the females. Donghae looked at Eunhyuk and asked, "Is there.... anything wrong?" 

"Nope.", Eunhyuk said, trying to ignore the fact that he felt guilty for inviting Jessica over. Donghae saw Jessica talking with the girls. Jessica gazed at him. They stared at each other for some time. Eun Hyuk broke the tension by calling Donghae "Yoona's the girl, am I right?" Jessica listened to their conversation as she kept herself silent the whole time.

"Yeah. She's a fashion designer. Man, I'm badly in love with her.", Donghae admitted.

"Then, why don't you tell her the truth before she runs into some guy.", Eunhyuk suggested.

"I don't know. I'm... not ready. But I will tell her."

"Look at you. You're blushing! I guess you really like that Yoona girl, don't you?"

Donghae's lips curved. He thought to himself, "Why can't I tell Yoona?" He poured the bottle of wine on his glass. Jessica heard  all of this. Her heart started to ache. She walked to the comfort room. Her eyes began to tear up. She washed her face. Donghae's voice kept on playing in her head. She felt so stupid all along. 

Why didn't I tell you how much you mean to me?

-----------------

They arrived at the beach. The never-ending roars of the sea made Seohyun smile a bit. The sand in her feet made her run around the shore. The sun was just like a honey coated ball. There weren't much people around. 

"Seohyun! I left the ice at home. Silly me. Can you go with Yonghwa for a while? He's going to buy ice but I don't think he can do it alone.", Seohyun's friend told her.

"Oh... okay.", Seohyun replied.

She went back to the small cottage and waited for Yonghwa. Yonghwa placed his hands in his pockets and said, "Let's go." Seohyun kept silent all along. She didn't want to confuse herself again. Because she already picked the right guy. She didn't want to make a complete fool out of herself. 

"Umm, Seohyun. Do you want to drink some shake? My treat.", Yonghwa cut her daydream off.

"Hmm, maybe later. Let's just bring the ice back.", Seohyun insisted.

Yonghwa stopped walking and grabbed Seohyun's hand. Their hands were both cold because of the ice they're holding. Yonghwa couldn't hold it any longer. He pulled her close and kissed her on the lips. Seohyun's eyes widened. Yonghwa stopped and said, "I like you." Seohyun wanted to slap him. It wasn't the right thing to do.

"I'm sorry, Yonghwa. I like somebody else. I made my mind up already.", Seohyun said in a serious tone.

She walked away, taking another route back to the cottage. Yonghwa was hurt. His eyes began to water. His eyes, his dark brown eyes shut itself. He didn't want to feel the pain. He wanted to be numb from what Seohyun did to him. Seohyun was crying. She ran. She didn't want anybody to see her. She wiped her tears away. She rubbed her eyes. She arrived at the cottage. She placed the pack of ice down the table and went to the shore. She walked towards the sea. She began to swim. Kyuhyun noticed her. Kyuhyun tried to get closer to her. He covered her eyes. Seohyun bit her lip and warned him.

"Kyuhyun, if you ain't gonna take your hands off me, I will not give you an answer."

Kyuhyun immediately let go of her and faced her. The waves bounced against them. The water was rising to their stomache level. The sunlight reflected Seohyun's eyes. Her face was shining due to the light. Kyuhyun's heart skipped a beat. Seohyun smiled. She forgot all the worries about Yonghwa.

"Hey. Don't stare at me like that. It's been taking a while already.", Seohyun .

"I know. So.... do you have an answer now?", Kyuhyun asked.

"Yes, I do."

"So?"

"Well... I think I.... I like you too."

"Are you serious?"

"Yep. I'm not kidding around."

Kyuhyun yelled with happiness. He felt like a champion all along. His friends looked at him and wondered what was going on. Seohyun giggled as he saw Kyuhyun's reaction.

"She's my girlfriend! It's official!", Kyuhyun informed his friends.

Seohyun tried to cover his mouth but ended up hugging him in the water. Kyuhyun was always a lucky guy.

 

 

 

hey! i'm so sorry for the short update. btw, Kyuhyun won the poll with 61 % of votes whilst Yonghwa gained 39 % of the votes. no Yoonhae for today, sorry. I focused on Seokyu. :) I hope you're happy with the results. Wait for the next chapter. BTW, Leave a comment please.