8.The woman from the past.

In Paris

Vote for Kyu or Yong now! Actually, I really need YOU to vote. It's very hard for me since I ship both YongSeo and SeoKyu. Vote wisely!

 

 

 

 

8.

Donghae walked towards the board room together with his secretary. Every time the employees see him, they bow down and greet him. Donghae opened the door and went inside, followed by his secretary. Directors, including Donghae's mom, were all present. Donghae sat down.

"Let's begin the meeting.", Mrs. Lee said.

The meeting went on smoothly. All the topics were tackled. But the meeting was not yet over. Mrs. Lee stood up, crossed her arms and said, "One of the new directors is here. Please welcome her as she gets inside." Two employees opened the door. Light came inside the office. Donghae was blinded by the light. A woman came in. Donghae couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"Annyeonghasseyo, Jessica Jung inmida.", Jessica introduced herself.

The directors stood and applauded. Donghae was shocked. He didn't move a single bone upon seeing the woman from his past. Jessica was smiling in a sweet way. She glanced at Donghae. After the board meeting, Donghae confronted his mother.

"Omoni, why did you do that?", Donghae asked.

"Do what?", Mrs. Lee pretended she didn't know a thing.

"I mean... why is she here?"

"Son, we don't have any other choice. The Jung Group wanted to partner up with us. She'll be here in the office often. Don't worry, son. I talked to her already and she said she's still going strong with that actor."

"Omoni!"

Donghae got angry. He went back to his office, closing his eyes. He was breathing heavily like he just finished jogging early in the morning. A knock on the door was heard. Donghae was expecting it to be his mom.

"Come in.", Donghae yelled.

Jessica came. She sat on the black chair near Donghae's table.

"You still have the guts to see me.", Donghae said.

"I didn't expect this to happen, Donghae-ssi. Plus, Leeteuk and I-"

"Don't ever bring him to the topic. Have you seen your office?", Donghae cut her off.

"Ah, yes. It's quite classy.", Jessica replied.

"You have to take good care of the employees if ever you work with them or encounter them. They're the reason why this company is still standing.", Donghae reminded.

"Ne. I will."

Their conversation was interrupted by Donghae's secretary. He peeked his head from the door and said, "Sir! A representative from Im Fashion is here. I think she wants to talk about a deal so that she can build a boutique in one of your malls."

"Let her come in once Jessica leaves.", Donghae commanded.

"Well, I guess you're busy. There's no need to talk to you like this.", Jessica told him.

"Wait.", Donghae said.

Jessica looked at him the way she did when they were still a couple. She's still in love with him.

"Tell Yonghwa I wanna see him one day. He's a great guy.", Donghae said.

Jessica nodded her head as she left Donghae's office. She saw Yoona standing up and smiled at her. Yoona smiled back and went straight to Donghae's office.

-------------------

Kyuhyun bought fresh flowers. He was nervous. He is expecting for an answer. He's going to see Seohyun in a few minutes.

"I will definitely tell her today. I will."

Kyuhyun saw her from afar and started praying mentally. Seohyun waved at him. Kyuhyun loved seeing her smile. Kyuhyun hid the flowers behind him.

"Hi, Kyuhyun-oppa! What's up?", Seohyun greeted him.

"Well... nothing. I just wanna tell you something important.", Kyuhyun said.

"Better hurry up, oppa. Yoona-unnie just came home from Paris and I want to spend time with her. Paris was so beautiful, oppa! I wanna go there. Plus, she met some guy there.", Seohyun replied.

Kyuhyun held the flowers in front of him and showed it to Seohyun. Seohyun was surprised.

"Those aren't mine.", she calmed herself by these thoughts.

"Flowers for you.", Kyuhyun chuckled, " Aish, this is crazy."

Seohyun received them. She smelled them. The smell of pink roses was pleasant. But she was confused. Kyuhyun tried to keep calm. His heart was beating like a boombox. Anytime, it would explode. And when it would, emotions might take over the confident Cho Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun folded his arms.

"I like you, Seohyun."

Seohyun's eyes widened. She was shocked. Her best friend likes her. She feels something different with Kyuhyun but it's not only him. It's not only Kyuhyun. There was always Yonghwa in her mind and heart, making her confused. For her, the world freezed a few seconds ago when Kyuhyun said those words, those very sincere words coming from Kyuhyun's mouth.

"Kyuhyun, I..."

Seohyun couldn't say it directly. She wasn't sure.

"I know that I'm destroying our friendship right now.", he laughed shyly, "You never know how much you mean to me. You're not just a best friend."

Seohyun was left speechless. She always mumbled "Eottokeyo?" in her mind.

"But I'm not expecting you to say 'yes' all of a sudden. It's up to you. I'll respect your decision. And... I can wait for you. I promise.", Kyuhyun said.

"Kyuhyun, you can really read my mind.", Seohyun joked around.

Kyuhyun laughed. He tried to look at her in the eye.

"But... I just can't tell you my answer yet.", Seohyun added.

Raising an eyebrow, Kyuhyun asked, "Why?"

"You don't need to know. My feelings are mine."

"I will wait for your answer.... no matter what."

---------------

Donghae's mood was light when he saw Yoona.

"Yoona-ssi? Why are you here?", Donghae asked.

Yoona stood in front of her. Her heels made her look taller. She wore a coat and a floral dress. Her hair was curled. She really looked like some fashion designer. Her smile made Donghae happy deep inside.

"Im Fashion. We want a space in your mall, Donghae-ssi.", Yoona answered.

"Sit, please.", Donghae told her.

Yoona sat down on the black chair where Jessica sat earlier. She explained to him the details of their deal. Donghae listened to her, accompanied by never-ending awkward stares. After the talk, Donghae was convinced to say 'yes' to the deal. But before leaving, Yoona wanted to talk to him.

"How's life now?", Yoona asked.

"Aigoo! I wish I was back in Paris. I've been so busy lately even though it's just two days since I left Paris.", Donghae leaned on his chair, "But I didn't expect to see you again."

Yoona giggled, "Me too. Mom just sent me here for her proposal or deal or whatsoever."

--------------------

The Im Sisters finally had dinner together with their parents. Right after eating a sumptous meal, the three went outside the house to talk. The three are very close to each other even before. They talked to each other comfortably; like some best friends dishing about their crushes.

"So, how's your day, Yoona?", Yuri asked her.

"I met Donghae again.", Yoona answered.

"You mean.... that guy you met in Paris? Waahhh, I'm jealous!", Yuri pinched her arm.

"Eh?! What do you mean by 'jealous'? You already have that Minho guy from Kim's Fashion Empire."

"I know. It's just that... Ah, never mind. To be honest, I'm still awkward with Minho."

Seohyun remained silent and looked like she had a big problem. Yuri and Yoona noticed her gloomy mood. They looked at Seohyun. Seohyun didn't even bother to look back at them or say 'Why did you stop talking?'. This wasn't normal.

"Seohyun-ah, you okay?", Yoona asked.

"No.", Seohyun answered directly.

"Wae?"

"Kyuhyun wants me to be his girl."

"Oh.... what's the problem with that? You like him, don't you?"

"But... I like somebody else aside him."

Yuri and Yoona was surprised.

"Who is that guy?", Yuri asked the troubled Seohyun.

"Jung Yonghwa. I think I've fallen for both of them and I don't know whom shall I pick. Yonghwa didn't say his feelings yet but I totally understand him deep inside."

Seohyun started to massage her temples as her eyes began to be teary. Yoona patted her back whilst Yuri try to fix her problem.

"Listen, Seohyun-ah. You have to know the balance between the mind and the heart.", Yuri pointed at her, "In this situation, listen to your heart."

"Yup. Love is not a game. You have to listen to your heart when deciding which guy you should go with. And when you choose one and something's wrong with that guy, use the mind this time.", Yoona said.

Seohyun listened to her unnies' advice very well. And throughout that night, Seohyun tried to think thoroughly. She tried to list all the characteristics Yonghwa and Kyuhyun has. She was thinking about it so deep. It was 2:30 AM when she already went to sleep with a decision.

 

 

 

 

Annyeong~! ladychoding07 here. please do vote for Seohyun's partner so that I can move on to the next chapter. I need your help guys! I can't update the next chapter if I can't come up to a decision. There's no MINYUL today, I'm sorry~. Please leave a comment too! Vote for Yong or Kyu in the poll above this day's chapter. Scroll up and vote now!