19 - chances are

In Paris

In Paris - Chapter Nineteen

[ Bruno Mars - It Will Rain. Try that song. ]

 

 

Leeteuk and Yonghwa stayed outside the operating room. Jessica's gonna get the transplant today. And if everything's gonna go smooth, Jessica will be discharged from the hospital. Yoona and Seohyun arrived. Seohyun was there to support Yonghwa. Yonghwa was depressed ever since his sister got diagnosed with cancer. 

"How is she?", Yoona asked Leeteuk.

"She's inside already. I hope everything's gonna be okay.", Leeteuk replied.

Minutes later, Donghae came. Yoona looked at him. Her heart was pounding inside. She was nervous. She knew that she missed Donghae too much. She wants to stand up and hug him but she can't.  Donghae thought the same thing, too. He sat next to Leeteuk. But Leeteuk stood up and walked in circles. Yoona's eyes were still scanning over Donghae. Yonghwa and Seohyun were talking with each other in soft voices. The world had stopped moving in Yoona and Donghae's time. Everything freezed. Donghae clasped his hands, bit his lip and looked at Yoona. Their eyes met. They didn't say anything. Then, Yoona turned her head away.

The doctor came out of the room with a clipboard in his hands. Leeteuk approached the doctor. Yonghwa, Seohyun, Yoona and Donghae stood up.

"Congratulations, Jessica will live longer than you expected.", the doctor told Leeteuk.

Leeteuk gasped. Yonghwa's eyes were filled with water upon hearing the doctor's statement. Seohyun tapped her best friend's back. Yoona  went to hug Leeteuk. Leeteuk thanked her. He was very thankful to meet a donor like Yoona even though Jessica had a problem with her. Donghae felt relieved, too.

---------------

After checking on Jessica, Yoona and Seohyun went back to their house. Seohyun followed her sister around the house. Yoona entered her room, followed by Seohyun.

"Unnie... what do you want to tell me?", Seohyun asked, poking Yoona's hip.

"I'm going back to Paris.", Yoona replied as she showed her younger sister a plane ticket. Seohyun was surprised.

"Why?", Seohyun asked again.

"I want peace. I think I can only find that peace in an unknown land. A place far away from all the troubles.", Yoona patted Seohyun's hand as they sat down on the bed. "Just tell Donghae that I'm gonna stay there until I fix things out."

Seohyun was confused. She was about to ask "Why" again. She was clueless with all the actions Yoona's undertaking right now. A concerned sister she is, Seohyun was definitely worried.

(Flashback)

Donghae grabbed Yoona by the hand. Yoona glared at him. "Let's talk.", says Donghae as he held her hand tight.

"I don't have anything to say.", Yoona pretended to be cold again.

"I have something to say. Listen to me.", Donghae told her.

Donghae took her to the hospital lobby. He gave her a cup of coffee he got from a vending machine. Yoona looked directly, ignoring Donghae's stare.

"I miss you so much.", Donghae confessed.

Yoona gulped. She looked at him once again. Donghae was looking down the floor. He smiled a little bit. "If only you can give me another chance... I'm sure you heard everything when you met Jessica here."

Yoona had second thoughts. She wanted to answer him immediately. Instead, she just smiled and said, "I'll think about it."

She took her leave together with Seohyun. Donghae was a little bit relieved that Yoona will take time to think about it. He's hoping that Yoona would give him an affirmation.

(end of flashback)

~ -------------------- ~

 

The story will end the next chapter. What will Donghae do to get Yoona back?