Chapter 17 - Hate and Love.

In Paris

In Paris - Chapter 17

Yoona finally managed to open her own fashion line. She wanted to work independently. Her mother agreed with this. Mrs. Im even gave her some money for the shop. Yoona was satisfied. She named her shop "Fashion on Top". But her fashion line was called "The Y Line".

On the day of the opening, Yuri and Seohyun arrived to support their sister. Yuri already fixed things up with Minho.

(Flashback)

Yuri and Minho met in a restaurant. Green tea was served for them. Yuri reached for her cup and took a sip. She wiped with her handkerchief. Minho watched her moves. She haven't changed at all. 

"Why do you want to see me?", Minho asked.

"It's because.... I talked to Dad recently.", Yuri replied.

Minho was eager to hear what's up with Mr. Im. He knew that by his speech, he moved Mr. Im already. He was sure of it.

"Good news. Dad wants us to be together again.", Yuri spilled the news to him.

Minho coughed. His eyes bulged a little bit. He felt so relieved. Now, he knew the value of the social class where you belong. He realized that he was lucky enough to inherit such property. Maybe his grandfather knew all of his problems before he died and passed the company to Minho for the better status of his love life. Minho smiled and lifted his head.

"Thank you, harabeoji.", he thought.

"So?", Yuri said, waiting for his reply.

"Okay. Let's be together again. I missed you so much. You were always in my head. You always have a space in my heart.", Minho replied in an honest manner. He reached for Yuri's hand and squeezed it gently. He carressed it for awhile.

"Actually, I want us to get married soon.", Minho added.

Yuri was surprised. Her jaw dropped. "Are you kidding me?"

"Am not!", Minho protested as he leaned back on his chair. "Don't you forget who I am? I am the honest and caring Choi Minho. Your boyfriend. Aigoo, a month just passed and you forgot me?"

"Minho! I didn't forget you. Actually, I missed you to death."

"So, what do you say? Let's get married."

Yuri was thinking twice. She wanted to affirm. But she was too shy to tell him the truth.

"Okay. But when?", Yuri said.

"When? Hmmm. Let me think about that. Just wait for two weeks. I'll do something for you. That will be a sign that we're already engaged.", Minho responded.

"What do you mean?", Yuri asked in confusion.

"Aish. Just wait for two weeks, okay?", Minho said as he pinched Yuri's cheek. Yuri giggled. She felt so happy. She felt like a sharp sword had just been gone from her body. She missed Minho so much. She doesn't have to worry anymore. She's just happily enjoying her life with him right now.

(End of flashback)

Yuri and Seohyun applauded as Yoona arrived together with her business partners and fellow fashion designers. Yoona was dressed in a white dress, matched with high heels and a black purse. Her hair was curled. She was given a pair of scissors for the cutting of the ribbon. She took one step closer to the ribbon and cut it gently. Everybody clapped their hands as the ribbon fell down to the ground. The press snapped their cameras. Yoona faced the people and bowed down to them. Yuri and Seohyun congratulated her.

Yoona was very happy with the opening of her boutique. But then, something made her frown. Her secretary handed her a bouquet of flowers.

"Young Miss, it's for you.", her secretary informed her.

She inhaled the fresh and pleasant smell of the flowers. The flowers matched her dress color : white. There was a small envelope slipped on the plastic wrapped around the flowers.

"Congratulations on your opening day. May your shop be filled with customers! Good luck, my Yoona."

There was no signature below the message. Her parents already sent her a bouquet of flowers. So, who could this be? There was one name that flashed upon Yoona's head - Lee Donghae. She went out of the store in a rush, making Yuri and Seohyun wonder what's wrong with her. Her heels clicked and clacked around the mall. She found Donghae walking ahead of her. His hands were on his pockets. He wore a blue polo, khaki pants and rubber shoes. Yoona chased him. She grabbed his arm quickly. Donghae turned his head around. Yoona froze in her position upon seeing Donghae. Donghae smiled a little bit. It wasn't even a smile. It was a smirk. Yoona was still holding the flowers.

"Did you send this?", Yoona asked.

Donghae nodded his head. He doesn't want to make a fuss in a mall where everybody would look at you especially if you owned the mall. 

"Well.... thanks.", Yoona thanked him.

Donghae held her hand. "Don't you miss me, Yoona?"

Yoona didn't bother to answer. Her heart was aching deep inside.

"We should start over again.", Donghae said.

Yoona let go of his hand. "I'm sorry, Donghae. This isn't the right time to be doing that. I'm currently satisfied with what I have right now. I love my family, friends and my business. Please don't ruin my life. I don't need any guy right now."

Donghae nodded his head once more. He was holding his tears back. "You should go. Your business partners and guests are waiting for you. Go."

Yoona smiled and walked away. Donghae watched her leave. He heaved out a sigh. When he walked away to another direction, Yoona looked back to watch him leave. Teardrops flowed on her face again. She wiped them immediately to prevent any speculations from her guests, especially from Seohyun and Yuri.

-------------

A few weeks later, Minho made his promise come true. He brought Yuri to a nearby beach resort. They weren't there for a vacation. Minho had an announcement to make. He invited Yuri's family and his sister, Sulli. They were all inside the restaurant. The view was breathtaking. The sun was setting. The skies were getting darker. The clouds scattered and the sea reflected the sky. The waves made noises all over the area. Minho felt his knees being wobbly. He was nervous deep inside.

The time finally came. He brought Yuri to the center. He knelt down and pulled out a small red box from his pocket.

"Im Yuri, will you marry me?", Minho asked.

Yuri gasped. "So this is the promise he told me."

Mr. Im and Mrs. Im had big smiles on their faces. Sulli gasped in excitement. Seohyun felt a little bit chilly because of the scene right now. Yoona was happy but everything just reminded her of Donghae.

"Yes!", Yuri answered.

Minho carried her around and kissed her on the lips.

---------------

Three months had passed and Yoona still couldn't get over Donghae. She had so much trouble in forgetting him. She wished that she can go back to the time when they met inside the mall. She shouldn't have told him that she doesn't need any guy. Actually, she needed Donghae the most.

One day, Yoona passed by the hospital. She was thinking of donating blood to the needy. She wanted to do a good act instead of sulking in her office.

She pressed the button of the elevator. Suddenly, she saw Jessica in a wheelchair. Yonghwa was helping her get out of the elevator. Yoona was puzzled.

"J-J-Jessica?", she stammered.

Jessica smiled. "I'm so sorry, Yoona."

Yoona bent over a little bit. "What happened?"

"I didn't know I had leukemia." Jessica answered. "But it's a long story, though. I just woke up one day, having high fever, and when I was about to eat breakfast, I fainted. Good thing Yonghwa was there to save me."

Yoona was confused. Why is this happening to Jessica? Is it karma, then? Yonghwa left the two of them in the lobby to talk.

"Does Leeteuk know? How about Donghae?", Yoona asked. She sounded more concerned instead of spilling out her hate towards her. She was tamed when she saw Jessica's pale face. Her hair was short already. Maybe she'll take chemotherapy in the future. Instead of hating her more, she sat down and talked to her calmly.

"Mmm. I accepted the battle. I'm about to undergo chemotherapy. I think my hair will fall off next week.", Jessica took a deep breathe, "But there's no donor yet."

---------------

 

Hello! Chapter 18 tomorrow! Wait for it. Will Yoona donate her bone marrow? Will she forgive Jessica? What will Donghae do to gain Yoona's love? We're getting near to the end! Omo~ I'll miss you guys! You're the reason why I'm so inspired in this story. And I thank you for that. I hope you'll watch out for more of my stories soon. I want this story to be finished before I enter school so that I won't be a bother anymore. I also did that to focus on my studies in the upcoming schoolyear. I hope you understand! Thank you so much!~ I love you all~