13 - A big surprise for Minho

In Paris

In Paris - Chapter 13

 

Sulli was doing her thesis whilst Minho lie on the couch, reminiscing his happy moments with Yuri. But something broke the silence of the Choi siblings.

It was exactly 9:05 PM when Minho's phone rang. 

Auntie.

He picked his phone up and answered the call. Sulli listened to him reply to the other line.

"Ne?! I'll be there right away.", Minho said to the other line.

He wore his jacket and fixed his hair immediately. Sulli was confused.

"Hey, what's going on?", she asked.

"Grandpa's in the hospital. If you wanna come with me, hurry up.", Minho replied in a serious tone.

Sulli packed her laptop up. She is currently busy making her thesis. But then, family's more important than anything else. They took a bus ride on the way to the hospital. They rushed towards the designated room their Aunt said earlier. Minho led his sister to the room. He knocked on the door gently. The door opened.

"Thank god, you came!", their aunt exclaimed.

Minho sat down and caressed his grandfather's hand. He squeezed it gently. He always treasured his grandfather. When his parents died, his grandfather was able to take care of them for awhile. But then, his grandfather left them to his aunt. That's when he and Sulli started to live alone in their small apartment.

"Is he okay now?", Minho inquired.

His aunt shook her head, "No. The doctor said he won't live long anymore."

Minho was shocked. Sulli gasped. Minho felt so frustrated. He held his grandfather's hand close to his chest. 

"You can't leave us, Harabeoji.", he said softly.

--------------------

Jessica can't keep herself from texting Donghae. She wanted him to love her once more. But she didn't receive any message from him. Leeteuk watched her all the time. And he was bothered by Jessica's actions.

"What are you doing?", Leeteuk asked.

"Nothing. I'm just texting.", Jessica replied.

Leeteuk knew that there's something going on. He always sent a secret spy to look over Jessica. As an actor, Leeteuk always faces hectic schedules everyday. There are times when he can't see Jessica anymore. So, he just sent this spy to look over her everyday.

He found out about her relationship with Donghae one day. He just kept calm. He knows that Jessica loves him so dear. He knows that she can't cheat on him.

--------------

"Aish. This girl.", Donghae complained.

Yoona looked at Donghae seriously. Donghae seemed to be annoyed with the constant beeping of his phone. Yoona was partly annoyed, too. She folded her arms and raised an eyebrow. "Who exactly is that?"

"Jessica Jung. My ex-girlfriend.", Donghae replied.

Donghae and Yoona always agreed to tell each other everything they know. Secrets weren't allowed in their relationships for secrets can destroy relationships. Donghae wanted to make this thing a rule for their relationship. He was afraid to lose Yoona the way he lost Jessica.

Yoona knew that Jessica is the girlfriend of a famous actor. Seohyun told her about it when they were talking about Yonghwa.

"Yonghwa's sister?", Yoona inquired.

Donghae was surprised. "How did you know?"

"Yonghwa-ssi came to like my sister.", Yoona informed him.

"Oh."

Now, they were getting awkward. Donghae started the engine of his car. He checked if Yoona was wearing her seatbelt. And she wasn't wearing her seatbelt at all. Donghae got closer to her, pulled the seatbelt and let her wear it.

"Thanks.", Yoona said in a shy manner.

Yoona could feel her heart racing when Donghae got closer. Until now, her heart was still pounding, thumping and disturbing Yoona everytime she looks at Donghae. They were very awkward with each other. Suddenly, Donghae had the guts to kiss her on the lips. He stopped the engine, moved closer to her and tilted his head.

Yoona closed her eyes. She was waiting for the kiss. She was counting each second that passed by.

Finally, Donghae pecked her lips.

Yoona couldn't push him away. She felt weak when Donghae kissed her. She tasted his lips back. Donghae's hands were already on her cheeks. His hands were playing aroung her face as they kissed. Donghae stopped. That was enough. He took a deep breathe and started the engine again.

"You're a good kisser.", Donghae said with a smile.

"What?"

"You're a good kisser, Yoona."

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Actually, I don't know how to kiss you back. You are too strong."

Donghae chuckled. His hands were poised on the steering wheel. He was driving already. 

"Actually, that was my first kiss.", Yoona confessed.

Donghae glanced at her. He can't believe this is her first kiss.

------------------

Minho sat next to his aunt. Sulli plugged her laptop in. The two were planning to stay for the night. Sulli continued her work. She put her headphones on, to keep away from noise.

"Minho-ya, I have something to tell you.", their aunt said softly.

"What is it?", Minho asked.

"Your Harabeoji placed your name on his last will. He told me that he took pity of you. He always wanted to help you and Sulli since oppa died together with his wife, leaving the two of you in a small apartment in downtown Seoul."

Minho couldn't understand. Why is this happening to him all of a sudden?

"So? I don't understand."

"Listen to me."  his aunt paused for awhile "The family business is yours. You are the next CEO of our company. Don't worry, I'll teach you how to do it."

"But still... I am not interested in it."

The next few words will change Minho's life.

"You're a lucky guy. Your cousins agreed to give the position to you. They know that you deserve it. Don't break our trust. Please, Minho. Please grant your grandfather's last wish."

Minho was thinking twice. He glanced at his grandfather. He thought of Sulli. He thought of his deceased parents. He thought of Yuri. He agreed to his grandfather's decision. He wanted to show Mr. Im that he's worthy of his daughter. So, he took the responsibility in.