18 - Yoona's decision

In Paris

In Paris - Chapter Eighteen

[listen to Haru Haru by Bigbang :) ]

 

 

Jessica knew that she did something wrong. She had regrets. She wanted to give up on her life when she found out she had cancer. She kept on blaming herself. Because of this, she spilled everything to Leeteuk. Leeteuk understood the pain she's going through. Instead of breaking up with her, he had forgiven her and encouraged her to be stronger for both her loved ones and herself.

"I'm so sorry. I don't know what else I should say. If only I can kneel down to ask for forgiveness, I'll do it. But you do know that I'm sick. I'm very very sorry, Yoona. I was a coward. It was all my fault.", Jessica said as she rubbed her hands back and forth.

Yoona froze in her seat. She can see Jessica cry little by little. She doesn't want Jessica to get hurt emotionally for she has been hurt physically already. So, she placed her hands on her shoulders. "You've been forgiven." Jessica hugged Yoona and said 'Sorry' once again. Yoona can feel her sincerity.

"You two should get together again. That's my only wish before I die.", Jessica said in a serious tone.

"What are you talking about? You won't die. And it's my responsibility to fix things up.", Yoona replied, "I'll go talk to your doctor. Maybe I can be your donor."

"Yoona, I-"

"It's the only way I can help you out."

----------------

Leukemia has been a very common sickness in the world. Unfortunately, Jessica had it as well. Yoona sat there, listening to Jessica's doctor after getting blood samples. The doctor picked up some papers on his table. It seems like the results came up immediately.

"Im Yoona-ssi? I guess you're lucky.", the doctor said.

"W-Waeyo?", Yoona asked absent-mindedly.

"Your friend Jessica can have the transplant.", the doctor continued. "The blood matched. Let me clear things up for you."

The doctor gave Yoona details about being a donor. Yoona had to eat and sleep well before giving her bone marrow. Upon going out of the clinic, Yoona told Jessica about the good news. Leeteuk was tending to her when Yoona came. Yoona was very excited to tell Jessica about it.

"Unnie! You have a donor.", Yoona said. She suddenly called Jessica 'unnie'. It just slipped out of her lips. "And that's me."

Jessica gasped. Leeteuk was overwhelmed. Jessica cried once again and hugged Yoona. Yoona bent over to hug her back.

"Thank you so much, Yoona-ssi.", Leeteuk thanked her.

"Not at all. It's my job to give back to the person who gave a meaning to my life. After all, if she didn't do such thing, I couldn't have realized that I really love Donghae all along.", Yoona replied.

Leeteuk shook her hand and bent over to give Jessica a soft kiss on the lip. Yoona was glad to see them so happy. Yonghwa thanked her as well.

----------------

"Mwo? She's gonna donate for Sica?"

Eunhyuk had informed Donghae about Yoona's kind act towards Jessica. Eunhyuk, as a concerned friend, visited Jessica out of the blue one day and knew about the donor. So, he informed Donghae about it. Donghae was totally shocked. His expression cannot be painted.

"I should see her.", Donghae said to himself.

"Who?", Eunhyuk asked. He heard Donghae's words clearly.

"Yoona. This is the perfect timing."

"Nope. She's still in the hospital, taking a rest after the long process of donation. Lee Donghae, think."

Donghae thought that Eunhyuk is right. He needs to give her some time and space. He understands what Yoona is going through. It might be a little bit disrespectful to barge in her room and make a fool out of himself. However, he still has hope that Yoona still loves him.

"Hey. You should go check on Jessica, too. Forgive her before it's too late. We don't know what might happen next.", Eunhyuk suggested.

"I guess.", Donghae uttered.

-------------

Donghae had the guts to visit Jessica. Yonghwa led him to Jessica's room. Cancer patients had special rooms. Donghae wore his mask and covered his hair with the cap the nurses gave him. Yonghwa left them to talk in private. Jessica smiled as she saw Donghae arrive. Donghae waved his hand.

"I'm sorry.", Jessica told him directly.

"I'm sorry, too. But right now, we don't have to say these words.", Donghae answered.

Jessica giggled softly. She couldn't say something in a fast manner. Her breathing was getting heavy because of all the therapies and medicines she took. But she's relieved that she already told Donghae and Yoona the words she always wanted to say - "Sorry."

"Donghae.... Yoona told me she loves you so much.", Jessica informed him.

Donghae was partly shocked, partly happy and touched. He just gave a little smile as a response. "And I'm very thankful I met such person. You should be together with her again. I want to see you two holding hands once again."

"Jessica, I don't know what to say.", Donghae said with a shrug.

"You two should be together again. Believe me.", Jessica repeated.

Donghae squeezed Jessica's hand softly. "Don't worry. We will. We will be together no matter what. You and Leeteuk should be together 'til the end, too."

Jessica smiled. She felt assured already.