Four : Companion

In Paris

"I didn't expect to see you here.", Donghae said.

Yoona glanced at him and replied, "I didn't expect you to be here, too."

They both turned their attention back to the movie. In the middle of a long conversation between the characters in the movie, Donghae stared at Yoona. Yoona noticed this, making her look at Donghae. Donghae turned his head to another direction.

"Excuse me. Since you're korean, I'd like to know your name.", Yoona told him.

Donghae blushed, "Lee Donghae." He reached out his hand for Yoona to shake.

"It's nice to meet you, Donghae-ssi. My name is Im YoonA.", Yoona said, shaking his hand.

Donghae couldn't let go of her hand, making Yoona feel uneasy. He immediately let go of it and said, "Sorry."

After watching the movie, the two went out of the theatre together. Yoona was about to leave but Donghae spoke up.

"Yoona-ssi!", he called her.

Yoona turned to him. Her facial expression became lighter, somewhat like an innocent girl accused of a crime. Donghae placed his hands in his pocket, pretending to be confident. Yoona her lips before she responded to him.

"What?", she asked.

Donghae wasn't so sure of what he's gonna say. He wants to be Yoona's friend but he doesn't know what to say. He was trembling. His hands were shaking, making him put his hands in his pocket to hide his nervousness. He smirked. He had no idea of what to say at all. Yoona was waiting, waiting for him to say something.

"Are you traveling Paris alone?", Donghae said in a shy manner, "I'm traveling alone and I want a ... friend."

"Oh really? I am, too.", Yoona replied.

"Well... I was just hoping if we can travel Paris together... and we're koreans... we're from the same country, the same culture. "

"That's.... a great idea. Why not?"

"Really? Are you affirming my request?"

"Mmm."

Then, the two exchanged contact numbers quickly. They had a quick chat regarding the places they visited, how long they're gonna stay in Paris and stuff like that. Yoona felt comfortable with Donghae. Donghae was a simple yet friendly man. He knew how to open topics and make people entertained. Yoona didn't want to trust him at first but she realized that there was no need to be doubtful of Donghae.

-------

Yonghwa and SeoHyun were studying together.  They are still in the getting to know each other stage, talking about their life and achievements. Yonghwa revealed to SeoHyun that he was invited over for a basketball scholarship. He would play for the university in exchange for a scholarship. Honestly, Yonghwa didn't want the scholarship. He is a rich guy, after all. But the school just promised to pay all his expenses just to add him up in the school's basketball team. Yonghwa was a talented guy. He loves to play the guitar. The guitar was the reason why he took a course regarding music. Not only that, he also loves to play sports. People may call him arrogant and such, but he's not like that. He is a determined, intelligent and one of a kind person. He is open-minded. He is friendly. SeoHyun realized all these when she started asking questions. They became instant friends.

"Wanna play a game?", SeoHyun asked.

Yonghwa put his ballpen down and said, "Yes."

"Truth... or.... dare?"

"Dare."

"Piggyback me through the whole campus."

"That's it? How easy!"

"Shut up. You're being cocky. That's quite embarrassing, don't you know that?"

The two stood up. Yonghwa carried SeoHyun. He piggybacked her. He ran all throughout the campus.

"Gosh, you're heavy.", Yonghwa .

SeoHyun played with his hair as revenge. Students looked at them. People were suspicious on what kind of relationship they have. They passed by the library wherein KyuHyun read books. This caught KyuHyun's attention. He felt jealous upon seeing the two. He massaged his temples. When Yonghwa and SeoHyun reached their ending point, Yonghwa put her down. A smile curved on SeoHyun's lips.

---------

Yuri is a busy girl. She will be carrying the name of the Im Corporation in case her father is ill. And when time comes when Mr. Im will finally give his life up, this lovely girl will be taking over and will be conquering the whole company. Yuri didn't expect this kind of life. When she was a child, she only wanted the plain life, a simple ending. But because Mr. and Mrs. Im never had a son, she was forced to do things she didn't want to do. It is rare to see female CEOs, directors or COOs nowadays. She was stressed when she begun her college years. All she could do was think about the future. Many boys would line up for her heart since she captured their attention with her beauty. But no, she didn't even say 'yes' to one guy. Her mind was focused, poised and positioned for her future and the future of the long running Im Corporation.

In the middle of checking paper work, Yuri heard her phone beep. She placed the papers aside and picked up her phone. She smiled. Minho texted her again. Yuri felt so overwhelmed. She never felt like this before since she never fell in love. She had crushes but didn't give attention on the crazy little thing called love.  For her, it was just a fantasy. But this - this unexplainable feeling she felt when she met Minho gave her never ending thoughts and what if's, sleepless nights and unlimited smiles.

---------

Morning finally broke through Paris. The sun was shining so brightly that it would reach Yoona's hotel room. Yoona finally got up from her bed. Suddenly, the phone rang.

"Hmm? Room service again?", she said softly.

She picked up the black telephone which was exclusive for guests like her.

/Hello./

/Miss , you have a visitor downstairs. Please come down. He's waiting./

/Okay. Thank you./

She was surprised to know that somebody was waiting for her.  She hurriedly took a bath, changed her clothes and went downstairs directly. Donghae was there, drinking a cup of black coffee. He was waiting for his companion; his new companion, Yoona. Yoona sat down on the couch.

"Oh, you're here already.", Donghae said.

"Have you eaten breakfast?", Donghae asked whilst Yoona comb her hair

"No.", Yoona answered.

Donghae gave Yoona a brown paper bag. Yoona took a peek of what's inside the small bag. There were baguettes inside. She can smell the aroma of the bread.

"Mmm. Thanks.", Yoona thanked him as she pulled one piece of the baguettes.

"So, where are we going today?", asks Yoona while munching on the baguette.

"Louvre. Louvre Museum. You'll love it there.", Donghae said while blowing the heat of the coffee. After eating breakfast together, Donghae and Yoona rode on a cab to see the famous Louvre Museum which holds Mona Lisa. The two got awkward at first. Donghae just asked Yoona some questions so that she won't get bored. For him, boredom could kill.

Upon arriving at Louvre, Yoona noticed the pyramid on the center of the area. She was holding her camera, excited to take pictures. But she was shy to take pictures because she thought that Donghae might laugh at her. Donghae knew that Yoona wants to take a picture from one look.

"Don't be ashamed. Go there, I'll take your picture.", Donghae said with a smile.

"Thanks.", Yoona handed him the camera and pointed on one button, "Press here, okay?"

Donghae took pictures of her. He realized that Yoona has a unique beauty that he couldn't find from other girls. They entered the Louvre Museum and was amazed of all the paintings and sculptures made by famous French artists. The two shared their opinions regarding soem paintings. They got along with each other. The awkwardness was gone. They finally saw the Mona Lisa.

"Omo.... I didn't expect her to be this perfect. It's awesome.", says Yoona.

"Yeah, it's perfect.", Donghae agreed.

When they were about to go to the exit of the museum, the floor was getting slippery. Yoona slipped. But Donghae caught her by the hand. Yoona's heart began to beat like crazy. Their eyes met. Yoona couldn't let go of Donghae's hand.

"A-A-Are you okay?", Donghae stammered.

"Mmm.", Yoona responded, finally letting go of Donghae's hand.

After that, they went to explore Paris. They bought some food and other things that were found in the French shops. Yoona and Donghae became good friends instantly.

---------

Knowing that he's losing to Yonghwa little by little, KyuHyun thought of having dinner with SeoHyun. Luckily, SeoHyun agreed to his invitation. Right after classes, KyuHyun waited for SeoHyun. SeoHyun came and said, "Why are we eating dinner together all of a sudden, oppa?" Kyuhyun folded his arms, pleased that he'll be hanging out with SeoHyun. They went to a small and simple pizza parlor.

"Western style this time, oppa?", SeoHyun said as she looked at the menu.

"Yeah. Let's try something new.", KyuHyun replied.

Pizza was served for them. SeoHyun always loved Hawaiian Pizza. Kyuhyun also liked the kind of pizza SeoHyun ordered. What matters most is that he's with the girl he loves and that is SeoHyun.

"Why did Yonghwa piggyback you a while ago? Everybody saw it.", Kyuhyun opened a topic.

"Aigoo... that was just for fun, oppa. We were playing a game.", SeoHyun said.

"T and D again?"

"Yeah. It was a fun game, anyway."

"SeoHyun, you only do that with me."

"Oppa! What are you talking about? If you were there, it would be fun. Are you jealous?"

KyuHyun wiped his lips with a tissue paper and ignored SeoHyun's question. SeoHyun felt a little guilty for she knew that Kyuhyun was a possesive guy. What is his is always for him. SeoHyun and Kyuhyun are best friends. They met each other during their elementary years. They became friends instantly because of their parents. SeoHyun likes KyuHyun very much but she's just afraid that Kyuhyun might reject her. And now that Yonghwa came, her feelings for KyuHyun lessened.

"I was just concerned, SeoHyun-ah.", Kyuhyun lied.

----------

Yoona went back to her hotel at night and enjoyed looking at the moon through her window. She recalled how she met Donghae. Donghae was a very interesting person. He is somebody she could hold on to. "Being his companion was a right choice after all...", Yoona said to herself. Then, she looked at the stars. She decided to make a wish, a simple wish.


"I wish that Donghae will come to like me one day. He's such a fun person. I'm starting to like him already and I don't want this chance to go away.", she said as she traced the stars with her index finger.

She closed her windows and went back to bed and yelled, "Good Night, Paris!"