Welcome to Paris!

In Paris

2.

“Welcome to Paris.”

The plane landed safely after some hours. Yoona went down the plane with other passengers. She couldn’t carry her luggage down directly. She wanted to call the crew to help her carry the luggage but it seems like they didn’t hear her. Then, Donghae, who was wearing a cap and sunglasses, helped her bring the luggage down.

“Thank you!” Yoona thanked him.

Donghae just walked ahead of her, ignoring the people around, walking carelessly with music in his earphones.

“Isn’t he… Korean? Hmph, what a guy.” Yoona thought to herself.

She took a cab on her way to the hotel she picked. They passed by Eiffel Tower and some historical places.

“Wow.” She said with her jaw dropped.

“First time in Paris, madam?” the driver asked her in french.

“Yes.” She answered.

She was completely amazed with how Paris looked like in reality. Before, she only kept post cards of Paris given by her aunt. Now, she’s already in Paris, wandering around alone. She arrived at the hotel safely. She unpacked her things inside her hotel room and placed her laptop in a safe place. Then, she was ready to go around the city. Wearing a red cardigan and a white floral dress, Yoona went to see the Eiffel Tower alone. There, she took pictures of herself. She enjoyed the moment. Later on, she decided to eat in a certain restaurant. At first, she didn’t understand what the foods were all about.  The aroma of the food let her feel so desperate for French cuisine. So, she just ordered French Pasta and Ratatouille.

“Mmm. Yummy.” Yoona said as she munched on the food.

The pasta and ratatouille was accompanied by the famous French wine. Yoona was delighted to taste the food she never tasted in Korea. French restaurants were rarely seen in Seoul. After the sumptuous meal, she went back to her hotel and uploaded her photos in her social account. Then, she took a nap.

-----

“Unnie is so lucky!”

SeoHyun ran around the house, bringing her laptop.

“What’s that?” Mrs. Im asked.

SeoHyun showed her mother Yoona’s photos in Paris.

“Lucky brat. She has the chance to travel alone.” SeoHyun said, pouting her lips.

“Don’t worry. Once you grow up like your unnie, you can travel even to the farthest place in this world.” Mrs. Im told her.

“Jinjja?”

“Mmm.”

Suddenly, Yuri screamed. Her voice was heard all over the mansion, making Mrs. Im and SeoHyun worried. They ran to Yuri’s room quickly.

“My precious bracelet is lost!” Yuri said, kicking her cabinet. She flipped her hair in frustration.

“Maybe you misplaced it or dropped it somewhere…” SeoHyun said.

Suddenly, something flashed in her mind. It was when she went to Kim’s Fashion Empire to buy clothes. She already knew that time that her bracelet was getting loose. So, she rushed to the boutique just to find the bracelet.

-----

“Choi Minho.” She called him.

Minho turned around and was surprised to see Yuri. His eyes shined like diamonds. His heart raced.

“Aish. Why do I have to like this kind of person?”Minho thought.

Minho stood still and waved his hand “Annyeong! Welcome to Kim’s Fashion Empire again.”

“Have you seen my bracelet?” Yuri asked directly.

Minho remembered the bracelet that fell to the floor when Yuri left the boutique. He fished for it in his pocket and grabbed the bracelet.

“Looking for this?” he said, hanging the bracelet by his hand.

Yuri grabbed the bracelet and wore it again. “Thank you.” She said. She grabbed her wallet and gave Minho a small card. It was Yuri’s calling card.

“I’ll be calling you one of these days. I will treat you to dinner for keeping my bracelet safe.”

-------

 

SeoHyun talked softly to Yonghwa in the library. As of now, the two became good friends. SeoHyun is close to other girls, but never met a best friend throughout her college years. She only made friends with males, most especially KyuHyun. Despite that, people still liked her for being such an honest, pure and modest person. Then, KyuHyun came. He saw Yonghwa and SeoHyun talking to each other as if they met each other in some place or what so ever. KyuHyun got jealous.

" If only I can bring myself up to confess to you.... but I don't like to break our friendship. I won't let that guy break my plans."

KyuHyun walked towards them, took a seat and sat down with them. Yonghwa looked at KyuHyun's face, examining his features and looking him in the eye, making KyuHyun freak out.

"SeoHyun, who is he?" KyuHyun asked.

"Oh, right. Yonghwa, this is KyuHyun. My best friend. KyuHyun, this is Yonghwa. A friend of mine. He's new here.", SeoHyun introduced the two.

KyuHyun, then, felt at ease. He thought that Yonghwa was some sort of distraction to his plans at first. But now, he felt comfortable after meeting him formally. As an old student of the university, KyuHyun reached his hand out and smiled.

"Pleased to meet you.", he said.

Yonghwa shook it in response and smiled.

-----

The morning sun rose in Paris. Yoona woke up, did some stretching and opened the windows of her room. She saw the view of the Eiffel Tower from afar. She loved the view very much. After doing all the things she has to do, Yoona left the hotel and started her journey in discovering the wonders of Paris. She walked down the streets alone. She was amused by the busy people around, speaking French in a fast manner. She saw a man playing the accordion. There was a box in front of him, filled with French coins. She placed some coins on the box and listened happily to the music. Yoona felt like she was cleansed. She felt younger in Paris. She felt like there was no problem at all except for worrying about her family back in Korea. She went to Place de la Concorde, where the oldest monument of Paris is found. She looked around and saw two identical buildings. The one in the east houses the French Naval Ministry while the one in the west is the Hotel de Crillon. There were hotels around. What amazed her was the fountain, named as the Fountain of River Commerce and Navigation, spewing out water.  She made a wish in front of the fountain, closing her eyes and throwing a coin behind. Donghae was on the other side on the fountain, making his wish.Yoona heard the coin fall to the water, making her smile.  She opened her eyes and said, " I feel good today. Thank you so much, Paris."