Chapter 2

I am Yonghwa's Tutor (NEW FINAL CHAPTER! COMPLETED EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YONGHWA

 

Homeroom went pretty well, even when I only stared at Seohyun. She never once looked at me again but I knew that she avoided my stare. After I mustered up courage, I talked to her. Fortunately she responded but she was reading a book and I didn't have her full attention. Suddenly someone blocked my view of my pretty angel and I looked up to the tall person. He flashed me his eye smile and offered a hand. I stood up and realized that this guy was taller than me. Why are they always taller than me? I mean, I am decently tall (average) but even my bandmates are taller and now this smiling guy is, too! 

"Hi! I'm so glad that you're a part of our class now. I'm Jung Jinwoon and I'm the male class representative." He greeted me first and we shook hands. I raised a brow at him but he ignored my gesture. He actually spoke to me as if we were already close friends but I just nodded my head. 

"We're both Jung's!" Jinwoon exclaimed. "Are we long lost brothers? Just kidding. Dang are we good looking!"

I choked at that and Jinwoon good naturedly patted my back. "Are you okay, Yonghwa?"

Seohyun stood up and I looked at her. "Hey, Seohyun, don't forget to show me around later, okay?" I flashed her my best smile and I was surprised when she smiled back.

"You mentioned earlier that you've always wanted a class rep to show you around, right?"

"Yeah."

"Well, then it's settled. Jinwoon will show you around, he's also a class rep," Seohyun bowed and walked out of the classroom. Wait, WHAT? So I'm stuck with HIM? I looked at Jinwoon and inwardly groaned at his smiling face. Doesn't he get tired of smiling? Don't his face muscles need resting, too?

Jinwoon chuckled while we walked out of the room. "Flirting with Seohyun will get you nowhere, Yonghwa."

"I wasn't flirting with her."

"Don't lie. I saw the way you smiled at her and you even stared at her the whole time during class! I can see that you like her, too."

"Too?"

He seemed to ignore what I just asked. "Boys in class and in school are attracted to her but she doesn't have interest in boys. Everyone knows about that but it's really hard for anyone to hate her when she's so well mannered, disciplined, smart, and pretty."

"Wow. Look who revealed that his crush is Seohyun." I teased.

His eyes went wide to its limit and it's hilarious, considering how his eyes are small. "How did you know? I've been keeping this a secret, you know."

I laughed. "I didn't. You revealed your admiration for her by yourself. It's pretty obvious, actually."

He blushed and lowered his voice to a whisper. "Don't tell anyone, okay?"

I thought about it for a moment and then agreed. We both had art class next and we talked on the way there. Jinwoon seemed to be a nice guy and he's hard to not be friends with. He also said that he is the male class representative and Seohyun's the female counterpart. They seemed close from what I saw earlier so being friends with Jinwoon gets me to hit two birds with one stone.

Yes, I admit it now.

I am attracted to Seohyun.

No one had ever told me to throw away a candy wrapper and fix my necktie like how Seohyun did. Yes, I've been reprimanded by my past principal and by my parents when they were still around but not by someone my age who's pretty and cute. Is it possible to break Seohyun's wall for boys? This is definitely a challenge that I'm willing to take.

No girl has ever resisted my charm and appeal.

I am, after all, Jung Yonghwa.

"Dude, are you okay?" Jinwoon nudged my arm and I turned to him, startled. "Huh?"

"Class is almost done and the only art you've drawn in a line. Dude, concentrate."

My new friend, Jinwoon chuckled as I refrained from zoning out again. 

 

 

My tour around the school courtesy of Jinwoon just ended when a student gave me a note from the Principal to meet him in his office. Jinwoon leaned forward and read the note with a grin. "Oh, are you in trouble already after day one?"

I shrugged and thanked him for the tour. I walked to the Principal's Office and easily located it since we passed by the office earlier but why was I called directly by the Principal? Am I in trouble because Seohyun, the pretty inspector, told the Principal about the littering incident earlier in the morning? I don't know but I am going to find out.

When I arrived outside the Principal's Office, I knocked on the door and opened it. I saw Principal Lee seated on his large chair behind his desk but he wasn't alone. There was a student and they were talking about something when he smiled at me. "Ah, here he is Ms. Seohyun. Meet Jung Yonghwa, your English tutee."

Tutee?

Seohyun??

She turned around and our eyes met.

I felt like I've hit a jackpot today.

 

 

SEOHYUN

 

I was called to the Principal's Office when classes were finished. With a deep breath I knocked on the door three times and twisted the doorknob. I pushed the door open and stepped into the large office of Principal Lee Soo Man. It smelled like mint and it's soothing to the nose. I approached the large oak table and bowed. "You called for me, Principal Lee?"

He nodded. "Yes, but please, have a seat."

I bowed again and sat on one of the chairs; he cleared his throat. "Ms. Seohyun, I called you here because I wanted to give you a compulsory project. You see, this student is holding a music scholarship here and he needs to maintain his grades. He has good grades except for one subject: English. Since you are the best student in English, I want you to tutor him."

"I will do my best, Principal Lee." I said. I wonder who I'll tutor. "Do I have to tutor everyday, Sir? And is it really compulsory for me to tutor this student?"

Principal Lee chuckled. "No and yes. Tutorials will be twice a week and this project is compulsory."

"Oh." I nodded. I honestly wanted to ask why it was compulsory on my part but refrained. "May I know who he is, Sir?"

As if on cue the door opened and Principal Lee smiled at the person by the doorway. "

My eyes shot wide open in surprise and I turned around. Sure enough, it was Jung Yonghwa and when our eyes met we only had one expression: shock.

"You?!" Both of us said at the same time.

I cannot believe it! Jung Yonghwa is my tutee! I have no choice but to agree with this.

Principal Lee was confused but then motioned Jung Yonghwa to sit down on the other chair opposite mine. "I see you both know each other."

I nodded. "We're in the same class, Principal Lee."

He chuckled. "Well, then things will be going smooth now, won't it? Since the two of you already know each other, I see there's no problem."

"About what?" Yonghwa asked. Principal Lee turned to him and explained everything that there was for him to know. When Principal Lee was done, Yonghwa nodded. "I'd be more than glad for the help, Principal Lee."

"Then it's final. Ms. Seohyun, Yonghwa, I will leave the discussion to the two of you. But before you leave, Ms. Seohyun, make sure you have a notebook where you will sign on the dates you had your tutorial. If you completed 30 tutorials with Mr. Yonghwa, then your project is complete."

I nodded. "Yes, Principal Lee."

I stood up, bowed to Principal Lee and went out of the Principal's Office first.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter