Chapter 14

I am Yonghwa's Tutor (NEW FINAL CHAPTER! COMPLETED EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


A week had passed since Yonghwa's parents came home from New York and Yonghwa finally tried to catch up with his parents. He had a hard time adjusting but he had held on and persevered with the help of Seohyun.

~

The dismissal bell rang and its long awaited sound echoed through the hallways of  Seoul Academy. All of the students said their goodbyes to their professors and came out of their rooms one by one, going out and meeting with their own groups. Seohyun and Yonghwa came out together after gathering their things and talked about how hilarious Onew was the night before. Mrs. Jung had invited the Lee family over for dinner and she personally cooked fried chicken, American style, which Onew had shamelessly drooled over.

"I knew Seop oppa would go crazy over chicken, but I didn't expect for him to act that way around your family!" Seohyun laughed, putting a hand over . "And to think it was his first time to formally meet your family, too."

"What more if we're one big happy family, huh?" Yonghwa winked, making Seohyun blush. They were about to walk passed the school gates when a freshman ran up to Seohyun, panting. "Yes?"

"Seohyun, Principal Lee is looking for you." the petite girl said. "He said it's urgent."

Seohyun nodded and thanked her before looking at Yonghwa. "Will you wait for me here, Yong? I'll be back right after Principal Lee and I talk."

"Sure." Yonghwa smiled. Seohyun grinned and ran off, hurrying to get to the Principal's office. They didn’t know, however, that someone was waiting for Yonghwa beyond the school gates.

 

 

"Hello, Principal Lee. You called for me?"

The middle aged man looked up from his laptop and smiled back. "Yes, Seohyun. Have a seat."

Seohyun nodded and closed the door behind her before sitting on one of the chairs by the large desk. She placed her hands on her lap and she waited for the principal to finish what he was reading on his laptop. After what seemed to be an hour for Seohyun, but it was actually only a few minutes, Principal Lee closed his laptop and cleared his throat. "Ms. Seohyun, do you know why I called for you?"

The girl shook her head.

"I called you over because it concerns Yonghwa's grades."

Oh. This is it! Seohyun crossed her fingers. Principal Lee noticed her nervousness and laughed.

"Don't worry about it, Seohyun, because I received a very good feedback regarding the improvement in Yonghwa's grade in English. Although I don't think his grade is very high from what I expected it to be,” Seohyun pouted a little at that but Principal Lee waved his hands with a smile, “but don't you worry because my standards are a little too high. Yonghwa’s grade is already good enough that he won't be losing his Music Scholarship here in the Academy. From what I have observed, you truly were a really big aid in his grades... and in his life."

Seohyun blushed from the compliment and smiled. "I did what I could to help him, Principal Lee and I am also glad that he improved from all of our lessons."

"I want to keep them that way, too," the principal smiled. "But in case you forgot, your tutorials are until a month from now. I guess he can handle himself very well after your last month of tutorials since he can maintain his grades already. His only problem was with the English subject and since his improvement was faster than expected, we decided to shorten your time as his tutor."

"Oh, I see." Seohyun nodded, letting the words sink in. So we have a month left for tutorial...

"But I don't see why you should be lonely about it, Seohyun." Principal Lee winked. "After all, you are his girlfriend."

That made Seohyun look at him with shock and the principal waved his hands dismissively. "Oh come on, Seohyun. Everybody knows you're his girlfriend already."

"Oh, right." Seohyun laughed, standing up. "Well, thank you for the news, Prinicpal Lee."

"You're welcome, Seohyun."

Seohyun bowed and went out of the office with a very light heart. It's good to know that Yonghwa really did improve good enough to not lose his Music scholarship here in school. I’m glad my efforts paid off. When Seohyun pushed the glass doors open and walked toward the school gate, Yonghwa was not around. Where is he?

She was about to call him through her mobile phone when she saw Yonghwa’s backpack peeking from the side of the gate. Seohyun skipped over to him to tell the news but stopped when she noticed him talking to a very pretty girl with short, wavy hair. Her face a little round but her figure was firm looking; not too chubby, not too skinny. She looked like she was about to cry and Yonghwa placed a hand on her shoulder. A tinge of jealousy sparked from Seohyun but she tried her very best to remain calm. Maybe she's just one of his fan girls...

The girl looked over Yonghwa's shoulder, saw Seohyun, and wiped the tears in her eyes. Yonghwa looked behind him and was shocked to see Seohyun curiously looking at him with a brow raised. "Seohyun, you're back."

"Yes, I am." Seohyun walked beside him and looked at the girl with a curious gaze. "And you are?"

The girl didn't answer back so Seohyun looked at Yonghwa, expecting him to introduce the girl to her personally. "Yonghwa?"

He cleared his throat and looked at the girl. "Seohyun, this is Park Shinhye."

The girl, Shinhye, finally looked at Seohyun directly and bowed slightly. "Hello."

"Hi, and I'm Lee Seohyun." Seohyun bowed, held out her hand and Shinhye hesitantly shook hands with her. Then when Seohyun looked at Yonghwa, he knew she was waiting for him to finish his sentence. When the girls ended the awkward hand shake, Yonghwa sighed. "Seohyun, Shinhye was a friend of mine before she was my girlfriend and before we broke up. Shinhye, Seohyun is my girlfriend. The one I was talking about."

So, I've finally met one of his past girlfriends, huh? Seohyun mentally chuckled and smiled at Shinhye. She looks okay and I know I shouldn't feel threatened a bit. After all, she was his girlfriend and what matters is that I'm his right now... and hopefully, forever. "Are we in the same year, Shinhye-ssi?"

Shinhye shook her head. "I'm a year and a half older than the two of you and I studied in Canada to pursue my dream in acting."

Seohyun nodded her head, but was still astonished with the fact that Yonghwa had dated someone a bit older than him. There was suddenly an awkward pause and the three of them stood awkwardly outside the campus. Shinhye inhaled and looked away from Yonghwa. "I have to go now. See you around, Yonghwa and Seohyun."

Yonghwa nodded and Seohyun waved goodbye. "Take care, unnie."

The couple watched as Shinhye walked away with her head hung low. When she was a bit farther away, Seohyun looked at Yonghwa and noticed the distant look in his eyes. "Yonghwa, let's go?"

He snapped out of the momentary trance and forced out a smile. "Huh? Yeah, okay. What did the principal tell you?"

They walked toward the bus stop and waited for the bus to arrive. Seohyun pursed her lips and smiled at him. "He told me your grades improved enough to not lose the scholarship."

"Ah, really? That’s cool!" Yonghwa chuckled, nodding his head. "And?"

"And, that our tutorial sessions will be shortened since your improvement was faster than what they had expected." Seohyun explained before getting on the bus that stopped in front of them; Yonghwa followed behind her. "That's good news, Hyun."

"I know, right?"

They sat at the very back of the bus and Seohyun sat by the window. She had noticed that Yonghwa wasn't his usual jolly self and Seohyun had to ask, "Does your sudden mood swing have to do with Shinhye unnie?"

"What?" Yonghwa shifted on his seat. "Seohyun, she's my ex-girlfriend."

"I know that, Yonghwa." Seohyun smiled. "But do I have to feel threatened about her?"

Yonghwa rested his head on her shoulder and sighed. "Of course not, Hyun. You're all that matters to me, not her. I'm just... shocked to see her today."

"Why?"

"Do you really want to talk about my ex-girlfriend now?"

Seohyun looked at the passing sceneries outside and sighed. "Maybe some other time, Yonghwa. I suddenly don't feel good about talking about your ex."

Yonghwa smiled. "That's my girl."

"But you will talk about her next time, right?" Seohyun asked, wanting reassurance. "Because I don't think I have received good feelings after meeting her."

"Yes, Hyun." Yonghwa nodded, closing his eyes. "Next time."

"Okay, Yong." Seohyun looked back outside. I trust you, Yonghwa... but why am I uneasy?

 

 

 

"Seohyun~~" Yonghwa nudged his girlfriend's shoulder using his finger. They were riding the bus to his dorm after school and Seohyun wasn't in the best of moods. It had been a week since Yonghwa's ex-girlfriend, Park Shinhye, came back to Korea to pester with Yongseo for a vacation from her acting school in America. She had been waiting for Yonghwa to walk through the school campus gates every day and Seohyun had been showing jealousy ever since.

Shinhye would grab Yonghwa's arm and try to get him to spend time together on a Noraebang or a movie but Yonghwa would decline. Today wasn't an exception when Shinhye stepped up on her pestering game. This time she waited for Yonghwa outside their classroom and dragged him out to the school grounds. A lot of fangirls stared in shock when she dragged him all the way there, sending pitied glances to Seohyun who was more shocked.

Yonghwa had freed himself from Shinhye's hold before they reached the gates. "Shinhye, stop."

She looked back at him and huffed out a frustrated breath of air. "Yongie...you've been neglecting me for a week now. Why are you doing this to me?"

"The right question here, Shinhye is, why are YOU doing this to me?" Yonghwa shook his head at her. "You know that I have a girlfriend right now, right? I've introduced Seohyun to you already, so why are you trying to go out with me as if she doesn't exist?"

"I never forgot you have a girlfriend, Yongie." she pouted. "But I missed you so much. Can't we spend some time together? Alone?"

"You know I can't. And I wouldn't, Shinhye." Yonghwa groaned, looking back to see Seohyun waiting for him at the entrance doors with her arms crossed. "Now I need to go. Seohyun and I need to go somewhere."'

He didn't wait for Shinhye to reply and ran over to the obviously jealous Seohyun. Shinhye watched as the couple walked outside beyond the school campus with glaring eyes. She noticed the snickering girls around her and stomped toward her car parked outside. "I got your heart once, Yonghwa... and I can do it again."

 

 

"Seohyun, I came for you, didn't I?" Yonghwa cooed trying his best to get Seohyun out from her jealousy. "I still came for you and we're now going over to the dorm. Please stop being jealous over nothing?"

"Is Shinhye unnie really nothing to you?" Seohyun asked, looking at him with a curious gaze. Yonghwa cleared his throat and smiled. "I can never say she's nothing to me...she was my girlfriend, Seohyun but I assure you that whatever feelings I had for her were all in the past. You're mine, Seohyun and no one can ever take you away from me."

"She can take you away from me." Seohyun mumbled, making Yonghwa laugh. "Never, Seohyun. I will never allow that to happen."

He cupped her face and gently made her face him. "I.Love.You.Seohyun.Please.Stop.Being.Jealous."

Seohyun tried her best not to smile but failed in the end. She lowered her head and nodded, getting Yonghwa to laugh again while cradling her in his arms. "Boy, are you gonna love the dorm."

 

 

 

"SEOHYUN CHINGU!!!"

Yonghwa facepalmed as soon as they entered the dorm. The three boys were apparently waiting for them to arrive and the dorm was spotless. Seohyun took notice of it and remarked positively. "The dorm's clean, Yonghwa. It's a good point to maintain when your living with friends, especially in dorms. I usually heard that boys are messy when they live together but you guys seem like girls living together!"

Seohyun laughed, sitting on the small couch while the four friends laughed nervously, talking to each other with their eyes.

YONGHWA: Jungshin, were did you throw the scattered stuff?

JUNGSHIN: *smirks* Where else, hyung?

Yonghwa groaned and looked at Jonghyun.

JONGHYUN: *nods* under your bed.

If Seohyun wasn't with them today, he would've screamed like a mad man from frustration but Yonghwa sighed all of the frustration out and sat beside Seohyun. The three sat on the floor in front of the couple and kept on declining Seohyun's offer that they sit on chairs.

"It's okay, Seohyun." Minhyuk smiled. "We're okay sitting here on the floor. Yonghwa hyung always lets us sit here anyway."

"Really?" Seohyun looked at Yonghwa who got speechless. Minhyuk you little...

Suddenly, Seohyun grinned and snapped her fingers. "Ah! Yonghwa, there's something I've been wanting to do ever since getting here."

"What's that?" Yonghwa gulped, beads of sweat trickling down his face.

"Your room." Seohyun blinked like an innocent puppy. "I want to see your room."

"Bwoh?!" Yonghwa fidgeted with his fingers. "But my room...I was in a hurry this morning that I didn't get to..."

Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter