Chapter 4

I am Yonghwa's Tutor (NEW FINAL CHAPTER! COMPLETED EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day at school, when the last period of the morning class ended, Seohyun and Jinwoon went out from the room together. They went to their separate lockers then proceeded to the canteen, paid for their food and sat on a vacant table. They ate their food in comfortable silence until s thought crossed in Seohyun’s mind. "We don’t have a Class Representatives’ Meeting after the last period, right?"

Jinwoon shook his head and joked. "Why? Do you have a date later that you seem to be excited over the fact that there won’t be a meeting?"

Seohyun smiled and nodded at him. "I do, actually."

“What?!” Jinwoon's mouth opened wide and Seohyun only giggled at his silliness. She must've gotten the gist of what ran in Jiinwoon’s mind because she playfully slapped his arm. “I have a date with Yoona tonight. I’m not going out with a boy if that’s what you’re so shocked about."

"Oh." Jinwoon felt stupid and he slapped the palm of his hand on his forehead. “Sorry about that, Seohyun. Stupid me. Ha-ha-ha.”

"Jinwoon? Are you okay?"

"Of course, I'm okay!" He flashed Seohyun his eye smile at her and although she wasn’t convinced, she shook it off.

"It's just that I thought you already have a boyfriend when you said you have a date."

She laughed. "That’s what you get when you immediately jump to conclusions, Jinwoon.”

Jinwoon smiled. "Yeah, sorry about that. Just don't forget that whoever he may be, he would need to pass my tests, okay?"

"Got it." Seohyun shook her head and chuckled. "Now let's hurry up and finish eating before our food gets cold."

 

The afternoon went by like a blur for Seohyun and before she knew it, she was already waiting for Yoona by her locker. Minutes passed but Yoona still hadn’t met up with her. Seohyun was about to walk to her mother’s office when someone poked her from behind. "Yes?" When she turned around, it was Yonghwa who had a huge grin on his face.

“Hi, Seohyun!” As if grinning wasn’t enough, he waved a hand at her. Seohyun chuckled and raised a brow at him. “Hello, Yonghwa… but we don’t have tutorials today.”

"I know." He replied. "I just want to ask if you’re free tonight."

Seohyun pursed her lips. "Well, I have a date with a friend tonight. Why?"

Date? Yonghwa forced out a smile and scratched the back of his head. "Nothing, I just wanted to know if you're free or not. Then… good bye!" He quickly turned around and walked away. She had plans with a friend already. I wonder if her friend’s a girl or a boy…

Seohyun stared at Yonghwa's back until he was out of sight. That was… random. Is Yonghwa high today?

“Hyun!”

A darker and boyish voice (compared to her) called Seohyun’s name and when she turned around, Yoona was running towards her. Yoona and Seohyun were of the same age and although they were close friends since middle school, they weren’t in the same class for three years. They were good friends but they were different in many ways, too. Yoona liked sports while Seohyun liked books. Yoona like the outdoors while Seohyun preferred being indoors but their differences never hindered their friendship.

“I’m sorry I was late, Hyun. I ran some errands for a teacher after class.”

Seohyun smiled and shook her head. “It’s okay, Yoong. So are we ready to go now?”

“Yeah, let’s go!”

 

With smiles on their faces, they left the school premises and walked to the bus stop. They chatted about their usual topic: random stuff. They’d talk for minutes and hours non-stop. Even when they got off the bus and ate at a lot of food stalls, they talked non-stop and fussed over the cute items sold at different shops. Soon it was night time and Yoona led Seohyun to a café the latter’s never been to before.Seohyun looked up to the name of the café and read it out loud. “Star Castle Café.”

"Let's go inside, Hyun!" Yoona smiled. "I know you'll love it here."

Seohyun nodded and Yoona practically dragged her inside to a vacant table. Her nose was instantly welcomed by the sweet smell of coffee and she took in the homey interior. Aside from its homey designs, it lived up to its café name. The designs had hints of cream and Victorian era’s theme centered in a castle’s structures. Seohyun immediately fell in love with the cream colored wall themes and the dark furniture combination but she found herself staring at a poster on the wall."The Stupid?"

Yoona looked at her friend (she was busy ordering them drinks) and now that she wasn’t busy, grinned at what Seohyun saw. "They're a really good band, Hyun! Look, I know you aren't interested in boys and dating but you love music! Enjoy the music while I go and spazz, okay?" Yoona winked. “And one of them is your classmate, too.”

I laughed. “Yeah, his face is clearly there on the poster. Sure, I’ll listen to their songs. So they’re performing tonight, huh?”

She checked the time and grinned. "It's show time!"

As if on cue, the lights dimmed and red curtains dramatically revealed a small stage where four males stood side by side. They bowed to their audience and went to their places. The girls in the café screamed when the band sang their first song.

Seohyun flinched at the screaming girls around her, especially when Yoona joined in (and they were seated by the same table) but still she tried to focus on the music. Yonghwa smiled and the girls screamed again. 

Seriously, if this is how girls scream for an indie band then how much more if they are screaming for the idols at mainstream? Seohyun thought amidst the noise.

 

 

Tell me Tell me Tell me love Tell me Tell me Give me your love
Love me Love me

Come into my arms

Kiss me Kiss me

I will only love you

I act like a fool when you smile, 

When I look at you, you are like a pretty doll

My heart goes thump thump, Because of you my day is better

I want you oh my love

Only look at me,

I will only love you even if the whole world changes
Oh my love

My heart starts to thump when I look at you,

I will always have you in my heart

(L.O.V.E GIRL) Take my hand and Fly
(L.O.V.E GIRL) Trust me and Fly high
(L.O.V.E BOY) Yes, we can fly to the sky
(L.O.V.E BOY) I want take u there baby

Tell you Tell you I will tell you love Tell you Tell you I will confess my love
Love you Love you Hold my hand Kiss you Kiss you I love you forever

Like the music I play for you,

Like the sweet whistle I play for you
1 minute 1 second becomes even more special,

I want to listen to you every day,

I love you

I want you oh my love

Only look at me, I will only love you even if the whole love changes
Oh my love

My small heart that drew you,

I will always hug you until the end of time

(L.O.V.E GIRL) Take my hand and Fly
(L.O.V.E GIRL) Trust me and Fly high
(L.O.V.E BOY) Yes, we can fly to the sky
(L.O.V.E BOY) I want take u there baby

 

Seohyun nodded to the beat of the song. Yoona was right. Their music is good.

 

"L.O.V.E Girl!"

 

Seohyun and the crowd clapped their hands as the song finished but soon after, another song was played by the band.

 

(I'm a loner. I'm a loner.
I'm a loner. I'm a loner.)

Look, look at me, me. Look at me straight in the eyes.
Look, you are already look at elsewhere.
Check it one two three, you only keep looking at the clock.
You don't have to tell me. I know you got someone else.


(Rap)
You've been meeting someone else often lately.
You don't even call me first anymore.
When you are with me, you would only look at the sky even if a day is a second long.
Oh~ I know your mind. The distance between you and I.
Getting farther and wider. We are no better than strangers.

 

oh baby I'm a loner, I'm a loner. daridiridara du~ I'm a loner. I'm a loner. daridiridara du~
I'm a loner, I'm a loner. I'm a loner being sad at love, shedding tear at love. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad tonight. My hurt hurts.
Oh no no no no no body knows, how I feel.
one two three four five six seven night, I'm cheering up myself passing many nights awake.

If you had just told me honestly
that you got someone else. That you hate me.
Then I wouldn't have hated you to death.
check it one two three. Remembering your words, they are all silly lies.


Love is going. Love is leaving.
(One person and one love. Everything that I've been used to)
I should erase you after tonight.
(Yes, I should force myself to erase you. I should do so since you abandoned me)
(Gone Gone my love is gone)


I'm a loner, I'm a loner. daridiridara du~ I'm a loner, I'm a loner. daridiridara du~
I'm a loner, I'm a loner. I'm a loner hurt by love and waiting for love.
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad tonight, I want this to be a dream.
Oh no no no no no body knows, no body knows me.
one two three four five six seven night, I'm crying passing many nights awake.

 

The song ended and while the girls screamed; Seohyun just clapped my hands.

"Thank you! Next up is our song entitled Intuition." Yonghwa smiled and The Stupid started playing their third song for the night.

 

Uh come on yeah

I get a feeling that you'll leave me (Don't give up)
You keep giving me all these excuses (Don't give up)
Your cold Bye Bye that felt different from before (Don't give up)
I cannot let you go (Because I love you)

You told me you love me but now, why you say goodbye?
I cannot let you go like this, never (because I love you)

Don't try to leave me
With only an excuse

Please don't go go go, Please don't go
Can you please look back at me just once?
Please don't go go go, I don't like sad good byes
Please come back to me, because I love you

Step by step one two three Dipdi daridu
Long, long times will erase you away
Step by step one two three Dipdi daridu
But each day will be a torture for me

I get a feeling that you and I are over (Don't give up)
You keep complaining about this and that (Don't give up)
A cold Bye Bye after waiting for the chance (Don't give up)
I cannot let you go (Because I love you)

This trashy love
Is hurting me more and more
Please don't go go go, Please don't go
Can you please look back at me just once?
Please don't go go go, I don't like sad good byes
Please come back to me, because I love you

Uh Your lips want to say good bye
Your eyes keep trying to avoid me
I already know through my intuition (I don't wanna say goodbye)
Don't say good bye, don't say good bye
Don't say bye bye, don't go
Don't leave love and do this to me (Because I love you)

Don't say no no no, don't avoid my eyes
Step by step, why are you trying to get farther away from me?
Don't say no no no, I don't like that kind of a look
I am pleading like this with tears

Please don't go go go, please don't go
Don't break my heart Don't you break my heart
Don't leave me, yeah, still loving you

Please don't go go go I don't like sad good byes
Please come back to me, because I love you.

Step by step one two three Dipdi daridu
Long, long times will erase you away
Step by step one two three Dipdi daridu
But everyday will be a nightmare..

 

Their third song finally ended and all four of them went to center stage to bow to the crowd that gathered. "THANK YOU VERY MUCH!” But the crowd wanted an encore performance from them so they chanted: “ONE MORE SONG! ONE MORE SONG! ONE MORE SONG!”

The boys looked at each other and seemed hesitant to play another one, despite the crowd’s plea. Jungshin whispered something to Yonghwa and both of them exchanged looks. Yonghwa nodded to his band mates and the crowd screamed in glee when they all went back to their places. They all sat down this time, though, and that got the crowd’s attention; intrigued.

"For our last song tonight," Jonghyun started to say. "We will be singing the song all four of us worked on last night."

Oh, a new song? Seohyun’s eye brows were raised in interest. And to think they composed it last night. I wonder how the song would be.

"We created this song thanks to an inspiration." Yonghwa smiled.

An inspiration? Seohyun and Yoona exchanged intrigued looks.

"We hope everyone likes this song." Jungshin grinned. "It's a more relaxing type of song and we all enjoyed patching this up.”

Minhyuk smiled. "Our last song for all of you guys tonight is entitled… Love Light."

 

(at the cafe 15 minutes before their performance)

 

YONGHWA

 

"Guys, let's not perform Love Light tonight." I told them and they looked at me with confused looks.

"Why the sudden change of plans, hyung?" Minhyuk pouted.

Jungshin frowned. "Is this your final decision, hyung? We'll be on stage in a few minutes."

"Maybe it's because his love light isn't here tonight." Jonghyun smiled at me. Of all my brothers (bandmates), he is the one who could easily read what's in my mind and what I really feel. I said nothing and only nodded at them.

"Who’s hyung’s love light?" Minhyuk tilted his head to the side and dead silence hung in the air. Jungshin and Jonghyun practically slapped their a palm on their foreheads in disbelief until Minhyuk snapped his fingers. "Ah! It must be Seohyun."

"You really like her, huh, hyung?" Jungshin smiled while Jonghyun nodded at the youngest. "But she's not even your type. This is interesting."

I ignored what he said about my ‘type’ and went to get my guitar from the couch beside me. "Let's go. It’s showtime."

****************

 

I am feeling down, yes, that inspector Seohyun told me that she had made plans with a friend tonight. I really wanted her to see us perform. I wanted her to see and hear me perform. Jungshin was right. She is not my type but that's what attracted me to her. She's different from the girls I dated or flirted with before. 

We performed L.O.V.E Girl, I'm a Loner and Intuition and as usual, the crowd loved it. We bowed together and thanked them all but then they asked for one more song. The four of us exchanged looks. I can easily tell what their looks told me.

 

'Hyung, let's sing it!'

'Hyung, should we sing it?'

'Let's sing it, even though she's not here.'

 

"For the crowd." Jonghyun mouthed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter