Chapter 8

I am Yonghwa's Tutor (NEW FINAL CHAPTER! COMPLETED EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

At last, it was the wedding day. Everyone was busy and Mi Rae couldn't help but laugh at her makeup artist who couldn't hide the shaking of her hands. "Calm down, Seulgi. You look more nervous than I should be. Relax."

"I'm sorry, Mi Rae." Seulgi's cheeks pinked while she willed herself to more concentration. Mi Rae chuckled when she saw Seohyun at the door from the reflection of the mirror. That Jungmo is too stubborn.

"Oppa, you shouldn't really be here." Seohyun pleaded, going out from the hotel room they booked for Mi Rae before he had the chance to get in. 

"But I just want to take a peek." Jungmo pouted. Seohyun grinned and she crossed her arms while trying on her best strict face. "Tradition is tradition, Jungmo oppa."

"I'll buy you a dozen of gogumas." He gambled. It was silent for a while, he knew Seohyun's weakness, but was stunned when she only laughed.

"Sorry, oppa. No can do."

"What happened to the Seohyun who couldn't resist even one goguma?" Jungmo dramatically threw his hands up and that was when Onew arrived. He seemed out of breath, probably ran after his best friend, and he immediately dragged Jungmo away. Seohyun watched their retreating figures and shook her head before going back in the room.

"Is he gone?" Mi Rae asked, laughing.

"Yes, unnie but Jungmo oppa even tried bribing me with goguma."

They laughed.

"Well, I'll just give him some lessons for trying to bribe an innocent doll like you." Mi Rae said, but then frowned. "Speaking of doll... why aren't you dolled up yet? You should be in your gown by now! Quick, change!"

Seohyun nodded and took her gown from the closet where her mom had hung it earlier. She admired the fabric and the design before getting in the comfort room to change. Minutes later, she went out only to be gushed over by Mi Rae. "Oh my goodness, Seohyun, look at you! You're even more radiant than yesterday. Just a little hair and makeup work for you and you'll be ready."

Seohyun giggled and smiled. They were both gushing over how time flew too fast until Seulgi called Mi Rae back for the finishing touches. Seohyun walked towards the full body mirror and formed an 'o' shape. "Wow. The gown really looks good on me."

With the baby pink satin and tube design, complete with beaded flower patterns under the chest area, Seohyun definitely looked gorgeous. It had made her skin glow effortlessly and her natural beauty shine. When the makeup artist called her, she gladly took the seat in front of the vanity desk and let her do her work. After a few minutes, she was ready to go and Mi Rae praised her even more. While Seulgi went to wash her makeup brushes in the comfort room, a new face entered the room whose eyes sparkled at the sight of her friends. Hani, Jungmo's little sister, hugged Seohyun and the two girls giggled. "Seohyun, I'm so glad to see you again!"

"I know, Hani. We've only been in touch through Line lately." Seohyun looked at her friend and smiled. "You look good, Hani!"

Hani, the Maid of Honor, proudly twirled around and admired her gown. Mi Rae and Seohyun giggled at their friend but clapped their hands. Hani's gown was a floor lengthed design with the same color as Seohyun's but only that it had a belt design under the chest area and a brooch in the middle. The three caught up on the recent happenings in their lives and shared equal excitement for the wedding. When Seulgi came out from the comfort room, Hani immediately sat on the chair. "My turn." Seulgi chuckled and went to work her magic.

"You really are a gorgeous doll, Seohyun." Mi Rae winked, carefully adjusting to her lovely white wedding gown. Seohyun gushed over at how beautiful her unnie was and took notice of the glow on her face.

"I can't wait to see how he reacts when he sees you later."

"Who?"

"Your partner, of course."

"I know him!" Hani interrupted while her hair and makeup were almost done. Mi Rae playfully narrowed her eyes at her soon to be sister-in-law. "Don't you dare spoil the fun, Kim Hani."

The three girls laughed and released the nervousness they had inside that one hotel room.

 

 

"Hyung, do I look alright?"

Yonghwa smiled and squeezed Jungshin's shoulder. "That's the fifth time you asked me, Jungshin. You look great and the tuuxedo really suits you."

They have been setting up their instruments in the wedding hall four hours before the ceremony and an official photographer approached them. The boys bowed even though they don't know who he was personally. "Are you the band?"

When they all nodded, the photographer nodded. "Pose for me, please. This will be included in the official pictures for the wedding album."

Yonghwa guided his brothers in one line and they smiled at the camera.

Having been used to their fangirls' constant taking of their photographs in the club, this was just a piece of cake. The photographer chuckled at their pose and thanked them before leaving to take pictures of the other guests. They watched as the hall slowly filled in with the guests and they smiled. They knew exactly what has been running in each of their minds and they played a song after a headstart from Minhyuk's drumsticks.

Jungmo and Onew were at the entrance, greeting the guests when they heard the band play. They looked at each other and chuckled, while shaking hands with the guests who just arrived.

"I'm glad to know they thought about playing for the guests before the actualy ceremony." Jungmo chuckled while fixing his white tuxedo jacket. "I'm glad I invited them."

"They really are kind and hardworking boys." Onew smiled, glancing at the boys from outside adjusting his bowtie a bit, careful not to destroy his own black tuxedo, which he personally told the seamstress to add some sparkles to the plain black jacket. And she did. Onew was glad for the uniqueness of his suit.

"Congratulations, Jungmo!"

"Yo, Jungmo! Congratulations."

The two best friends looked at each other and continued greeting their friends and guests.

 

 

"Where is he?" Mi Rae looked around the entrance doors of the wedding hall, looking for someone. Her eyes lightened up when she saw who she was looking for. "Kyuhyun, come here!"

The guy turned around and smiled, walking towards Mi Rae. "Congratulations, Mi Rae noona."

She thanked him and turned to Seohyun. "Seohyun, this is Cho Kyuhyun. He is my dongsaeng from the same university I graduated from and he is your partner. Kyuhyun, meet Lee Seohyun, Jungmo's best friend's sister."

Kyuhyun looked at the beautiful girl beside his noona and smiled, holding out his hand. "Hi, Seohyun."

"Hello." Seohyun replied, meeting his eyes, and shaking his hand. "It's nice to meet you, Kyuhyun."

"I'll leave the two of you to chat," Mi Rae smiled as they pulled their hands back. "I should be standing at the back with appa."

Sensing that his partner was hesitant, Kyuhyun chuckled and playfully nudged her arm. "Relax, Seohyun. I don't bite."

She nodded her head and smiled at him. "So I guess you're older than me?"

"I am." He smiled back. "Call me Kyuhyun oppa, okay?"

"Oppa?" Seohyun hesitated again but then nodded her head. "Okay, Kyuhyun... oppa."

Kyuhyun smiled at that. Cute.

"Okay, everyone," the wedding coordinator announced at the entrance of the wedding hall. The doors were already closed for the entrance of the entourage. "Flower girls and ring bearer, please stand in front. Bridesmaids and their partners link arms behind the kids and I want the Maid of Honor in front of the bride."

Everyone nodded their heads and waited for the doors to open. Seohyun looked back at her unnie and gave her a smile. Mi Rae smiled back, trying to get herself calm as her father linked arms with her.

"Hey," Kyuhyun whispered at Seohyun. "Take a deep breath and everything's going to be alright."

Seohyun seemed unfazed by it but she nodded her head. 

When the flower girls and the ring bearer marched in, Seohyun took a deep breath and exhaled. Kyuhyun smiled and led her through the doors and into the wedding hall. They didn't look anywhere else but the platform and Seohyun gave her best smile. Unfortunately for her, she tripped over her feet and the guests gasped. Kyuhyun instantly caught her by the waist and pulled her up.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

Seohyun nodded and blushed, embarrassed. As if reading her mind, Kyuhyun linked their arms back again and chuckled, whispering into her ear. "Smile, Seohyun. Don't be embarrassed with yourself, it was just an accident."

His words somehow gave her a boost and they continued walking down the aisle. They parted ways and went to the sides. Seohyun was nudged by a fellow bridesmaid, Sulli, who had a concerned look on her face. "Are you okay, unnie?"

Seohyun nodded and stood up straight, looking at the guys in front of her, specifically looking into the deep and concerned eyes of Kyuhyun. He smiled at her and she smiled back. It was Ha Ni's turn and she entered the hall, her mini bouquet in her hold. She walked down the aisle effortlessly and Seohyun chuckled at her friend's confidence. She playfully nudged Ha Ni's arm when the latter arrived beside her. Ha Ni nudged back and they tried their best to hide their giggles.

Suddenly the music changed, the guests stood up pand the only sound that could be heard was the soft melody from the lead and the rhythm guitars which gave off a perfect harmony. The classic wedding march song was made into their own version as the bass entered the melody, making the music more magical. Seohyun immediately glanced at Jungmo and stiffled a laughter from what she saw. Jungmo's stance was very composed but his facial expression was the complete opposite. His eyes were as huge as an owl's and his mouth... was wide open.

Onew slightly pushed his best friend, reminding him that Mi Rae was almost there on the platform. Jungmo walked down the platform as Mi Rae's father handed his daughter to him. They smiled at each other and walked up the platform as music died down and the wedding minister tapped the microphone. After a while, the very known phrase could be heard in the wedding hall as the guests smiled. "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

With shaky hands, Jungmo lifted the veil and let it fall down behind Mi Rae's head. They looked into each others' eyes as Jungmo lifted her chin and slowly inched his face near hers. When their lips met, everyone in the room gave them a round of applause and Yonghwa and his band played a celebratory song. Seohyun grinned at her unnie when their eyes met and watched as the newly weds walked down the stairs with big smiles on their faces. 

 

 

Goddess. She was the goddess who stole my heart from the moment we met. Yonghwa zoned out even after the ceremony and only snapped back to reality when a hand waved in front of my face. I looked up and met eyes with the goddess herself. 

"Yonghwa, you zoned out."

"Seohyun," I smiled. "I just got a bit... distracted but I'm fine."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter