Chapter 12

I am Yonghwa's Tutor (NEW FINAL CHAPTER! COMPLETED EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


A month after Seohyun and Yonghwa’s status became official, they have been going strong. They would walk to their same classes together and Yonghwa would make sure he never missed a subject. He would also ask her to go out on dates and they would hang around in the arcade and eat somewhere. Seohyun has been glowing, too, and everyone noticed the changes in her. She has a new and a different glow in her that even her family noticed with a smile. She has been friendlier with boys in school and even though some girls are still envious of her relationship with Yonghwa, most of them now appreciate her help especially in side tutoring them in some subjects.

One day, while it was Lunch time, Yoona spotted Seohyun walking in the Cafeteria alone. "I wonder where Yonghwa is. They usually eat together."

She watched as her friend picked up her lunch and paid the in-charge. Seohyun carried her tray and looked around the area where she can sit. Yoona grinned and raised her hand but Yonghwa appeared beside Seohyun in a matter of seconds. Seohyyun didn't even notice that her friend Yoona was about to call her. Yoona watched as the blooming couple walked side by side towards their table. She dropped her hand and sighed while staring at her untouched food.

"Why the long face, Yoona?"

She turned her head and saw a very smiling Jinwoon. He placed his tray beside hers and sat beside the very sad looking Yoona. Even though they aren't close with each other, they are aware that both of them are close friends with Seohyun. The three of them just don't go out together as a group. Jinwoon poked Yoona's arm and she slapped his finger away. "Stop it, Jinwoon."

"Aw, come on, Yoona." Jinwoon pouted. "I understand we're not really close friends but Seohyun is our friend. If your mood concerns her, then I'm in."

"Fine." Yoona sighed and faced him after glancing at Yonghwa and Seohyun at the far side of the room. "It's about her."

"What about her?"

"I'm really happy for them and everything, and I like how Seohyun changed since they were a couple but I just..."

"Miss her?" Jinwoon finished for her and Yoona nodded. "They've been stuck together like glue for a month and I missed hanging out with her. I've been a regular in the cafe where Yonghwa and his band plays and I've seen her there, too, but she didn't even notice that I was there the whole time!"

A tear fell down her cheek and Jinwoon offered her a handkerchief. Yoona stared at it for a while but in the end, she took it, wiping her tears away. Jinwoon gave her a pat on the shoulder and sighed. "I miss her, too, you know."

"You do?" Yoona asked, startled. "But her relationship with boys in school improved now."

"That didn't mean that she was back to talking and spending time with me like how we used to." Jinwoon sighed. "We used to walk to the class rep meetings together, talking about the things to do and what we should be adding to the meeting but I've been going there on my own. Yonghwa walks her there now and he walks her to all of her classes."

Yoona smirked at him, nudging his arm with her elbow. "Are you jealous?"

"What me, jealous?" Jinwoon's eyes widened and he backed away immediately raising his hands in denial. "I am not!"

"You so are!" Yoona doubled over in laughter while slapping her hands like a seal. Jinwoon cleared his throat and fixed himself before poking his spoon into his mashed potato. "So what if I am a little jealous?"

Yoona wiped the tears in her eyes and drank from her large cola. She let out a small burp and wiped the corner of her lips with a table napkin. "Hey, Jinwoon?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think I should talk to Seohyun about this?"

"Of course." Jinwoon smiled at her while looking at the happy couple from across the room. Seohyun was laughing at a joke that Yonghwa told her and she was covering with her hand. "The two of you are a lot closer than we are in a lot of aspects anyway."

"You're right about that." Yoona chuckled. 

"So, when do you plan on talking to Seohyun?"

Yoona frowned, shrugging her shoulders. "I don't know yet."

"You should talk to her soon, or now or no, later after class!" Jinwoon grinned. "The sooner the better, right?"

"Yeah, maybe I'd do that later."

"You should!" He nodded his head with finality. Jinwoon laughed and gave her two thumbs up and Yoona laughed with him. "You know, Jinwoon, you’re not that bad after all.

"What does that even mean?" Jinwoon frowned and Yoona laughed again. "I've always thought you were the plastic kind of a guy but I was wrong."

"So does that mean we can be closer friends now?" He looked at her with glittering eyes. "We've been friends with Seohyun separately and I was just thinking if we can group into one together, the three of us?"

Yoona cocked her head to the side and thought about it. Indeed they were distant with each other for a long time and now she's realized that them being friends in a group isn't a bad idea. She nodded her head and gave him a genuine smile. "Sure."

From the happiness that Jinwoon felt, he hugged Yoona without thinking, making her eyes bulge out from shock. Yoona pushed herself off of him with a face that can't be drawn. "Hey, Jung Jinwoon! When I said that we can be friends, it doesn't mean you can hug me whenever you like."

Yoona stood up and carried her tray, and stormed off from Jinwoon to her other group of friends from the volleyball team. Jinwoon blinked into space with a deadpan look on his face but after a while he chuckled and continued eating his lunch.

 


"Hey, Seohyun, isn't that Yoona from across the room?" Yonghwa asked Seohyun, who was taking a bite of her pasta. She looked at the direction he was looking at and she nodded her head, smiling. "Yes, that's her. She's a fan of your band, by the way."

"I've noticed." Yonghwa chuckled. "She's always in the cafe when we perform and she isn't hard to miss with all her fan-girling and stuff."

"She dragged me in the cafe once."

"I know."

"You do?"

"I saw you."

Seohyun looked at him, startled. "You did?"

Yonghwa nodded. "You're not hard to spot either." Seohyun gave him a look that said "I'm not buying what you said" so he leaned closer to her and smirked. "I easily found you that night because my heart immediately directed itself to you."

Seohyun pushed him off her and laughed. Her eyes then noticed that something's not right and she looked at the table where Yoona was. Seohyun nudged Yonghwa's arm and whispered into his ear. "Look at Yoona! What do you see?"

Yonghwa did as told and saw Jinwoon sitting beside Yoona. He arched a brow at Seohyun and shrugged. "I only see Jinwoon sitting next to her."

"Yes!" Seohyun grinned while Yonghwa cocked his head to the side, not getting why Seohyun's all worked up. "And?"

"And," she laughed. "That's a good thing!"

"What do you mean?"

"Jinwoon and Yoona are my closest friends in school." Seohyun explained. "But even though it's like that, their friendship with each other isn't as close as when they’re with me, individually."

"Wait, so you're saying that they aren't close with each other?" Yonghwa scratched the back of his head, confused. "I don't know but I find that a bit..."

"Unnecessary?"

"Yeah." he chuckled. Seohyun nodded and looked at her two friends across the room. "But seeing them talking to each other right now is kind of refreshing. I would really like it if they get closer with each other. Not romantically but just as friends, you know?"

"I understand." Yonghwa smiled and squeezed her hand. "But look at them, don't you think there's a little chemistry hidden there somewhere?"

Seohyun stared at him but then laughed. "Don't play matchmaker! But I don't think I can see them as a couple, though. Their personalities might clash and poof! World War Three."

"Look at us, Seohyun." Yonghwa wiggled his brows at her. "Who would've thought we'd make a really cute couple, huh?"

Seohyun playfully slapped his shoulder and they laughed. By that time, Jinwoon hugged Yoona and it never left unnoticed by the pair. Yonghwa grinned at Seohyun. "I told you."

"Stop jumping to conclusions, Yonghwa." Seohyun laughed. "Let them be. You might be right about it but please, don't encourage them?"

"Okay." Yonghwa winked at her and watched as Jinwoon continued eating lunch by himself with a smile on his face.

 

 

Last period was through and Seohyun picked up her books from the desk. Yoona, who was waiting outside the room, leaned her back on the wall by the door with a nervous heart. It's been long since they spent time together than Yoona felt weird for suddenly planning on talking to Seohyun again. Her thoughts were interrupted when the person she was waiting for bumped into her shoulder.

"Oh I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking-"

“Seohyun?”

Yoona stared at Seohyun with a shocked look on her face. Seohyun mirrored her expression and after a moment of pause, the girls laughed. Seohyun hugged her best friend and Yoona tightened the hug. "Some things about you don't change, huh? You're still the too nice girl I love."

"Yes, that's me, all right." Seohyun giggled. Yoona released herself from the hug and smiled at her. "Do you want to take a little walk with me?"

Seohyun smiled back. "Sure."

 

"I honestly didn't know why we stopped talking to each other, Seohyun." Yoona confessed as they walked along the school grounds. The other students were sitting and lying on the grass while they clutched on their books, talking to each other along the way. Seohyun sighed, frowning while kicking some small stones on the path. "I'm sorry, Yoona. I'm really new to all this dating stuff that I've focused too much on it, not realizing how much hurt I've given you."

Yoona bit her bottom lip, allowing her friend to explain herself. Seohyun cleared before continuing. "I really didn't think that I've hurt you this muche. To be honest, I like the feelings I get when I'm with Yonghwa and words cannot easily describe every one of them but I missed you, Yoona. I can't blame you since it's my fault why our communication stopped. Yoona, can you forgive me?"

"Seohyun, why are you even asking that question?" Yoona stared at her in disbelief. Seohyun's eyes widened and they stopped walking; her eyes got teary. "Yoona..."

"Hey! Why are you crying?" Yoona panicked, her doe eyes nearly bulging out from her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter