Chapter 10

I am Yonghwa's Tutor (NEW FINAL CHAPTER! COMPLETED EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Are sure we're in the right school, hyung?"

"Yes, I've been doing my research."

"You're stepping on my shoe, stupid dino!"

"Shut your big loud mouth!"

"SHHH!"

 

 

Principal Lee called Seohyun's into his office and when she arrived, asked for her to sit on one of the chairs by the table. He arranged his papers and cleared his throat. "Ms. Seohyun, I've reviewed Yonghwa’s grades and I’m glad that he’s improved a bit.”

"Yes, Sir." Seohyun smiled and she bowed her head. "He's been trying so hard during lessons."

"Even though I admit his grade in English is still hanging," Principal Lee chuckled. "40% improvement is still an improvement."

"I’m sorry, Sir." Seohyun apologized, bowing her head again. "I am still lacking but I promise that Yonghwa can and will get his grades higher than that."

"Still, 40% improvement is still an improvement." Principal Lee smiled. "I believe in you, Ms. Seohyun. Would I have even selected you if I didn't?"

“Thank you, Sir, but I just can’t help but wonder why my tutorial sessions with Yonghwa are compulsory.” Seohyun's brows furrowed. "Why does it have to be a project? I asked the other students thinking they have the same project with me but I only received this kind of project."

Principal Lee noticeably shifted uncomfortably in his seat as Seohyun continued.

"With all due respect, Sir, I really can’t help wondering why it’s me and that the terms went as to me getting a failing grade in English if Yonghwa doesn't improve until the due date."

"Umm," Principal Lee wiped the sweat on his forehead using a handkerchief and flashed a nervous smile at Seohyun. She's really this smart.

"Principal Lee? Is everything alright?" Seohyun asked, concern written all over her face.

BEEP ~~~~~ Principal, you have a call on Line 3.

Saved by the phone. Principal Lee let out a deep breath and gained back his composure. "I am so sorry for cutting our conversation short, Seohyun, but I must take this call. I’ll call for you again, soon."

 

"No, it's okay, Principal Lee." Seohyun stood up and placed a small bottle on the table. "I understand that you are very busy. I'll really do my best to help Yonghwa survive English."

Principal Lee smiled at Seohyun and watched as she left the room discreetly. His eyes landed on the bottle of vitamins she left and a chuckle escaped from his mouth. That kid is really something. Phew! I almost got caught.

 

 

"So?"

Seohyun closed the door behind her and turned to the right to where Yonghwa was, leaning on the wall with a smirk on his lips. "What did he say?"

"Principal Lee said you made a 40% improvement in your English grade."

Yonghwa’s smirk was replaced with a frown. "40%? The old guy must've been laughing his head off."

"That's rude for you to say!” Seohyun shot him a look. “He's the Principal, Yonghwa."

"Okay, okay." He held up his hands, chuckling. And he's my uncle. "I was just kidding."

"Still." Seohyun sighed. "It's not a good joke. He is our school principal."

And he's my uncle. Yonghwa nodded and walked beside Seohyun. It was Friday afternoon, a week after the Kim's wedding, and these two have been doing fine. Seohyun, though, would still be a bit awkward around Yonghwa now that she knows his feelings for her. Yonghwa on the other hand stayed true to his words when he said he won't put any pressure on her and until now he'd been waiting for her reply. He's really thankful that Seohyun didn't avoid him or anything. That one confession didn't affect their tutorial sessions whatsoever, though. Seohyun played the professional card and stuck to it since she didn't want her feelings to grow biased with their lessons and tests.

"What do you want to eat?" Yonghwa asked her when they were outside the school building. Mrs. Lee had told them to grab their snacks together before proceeding to their tutorial.

Seohyun thought about it and smiled. "Goguma!"

"Why did I even bother asking." Yonghwa laughed. The two kept bickering until they arrived at the school gates.

"NOONA!!!"

"What the—?" Yonghwa got pushed away in a blink of an eye. He helplessly tumbled to the ground first and looked up to see Seohyun being surrounded by four middle school kids. "HEY!"

The kids stopped screaming and turned to Yonghwa with unamused looks on their faces.

"Who's that guy?" A short boy who looked like a dinosaur asked the tall boy beside him who wore eye glasses. The later narrowed his eyes at Yonghwa and pursed his lips. "He wasn't part of my research."

“Research? What research are you kids going on about?” Yonghwa stared at them in confusion and shock.

The four kids looked at each other, shrugged their shoulders and turned their attention back to Seohyun. They kept calling her 'noona' and they were all talking at once, making them look like complete fan boys.

"Uhm, wait a minute." Seohyun held a hand up, which miraculously silenced them. "Do I know you guys?"

The youngest looking among them who was adorable in his bowl cut hair pouted and stomped his foot. "We're not kids anymore, noona!"

"O-okay." Seohyun chuckled, making him grin. Awww, how cute! Wait... why is he familiar to me now?

"Noona, don't you recognize us?" The one with bushy brows asked.

Seohyun tilted her head at them and examined each of their faces meticulously. The four boys looked at her with hopeful eyes and after a moment, got a gasp from her. "Oh! Are you those boys in the orphanage?"

"YAY! NOONA STILL REMEMBERS US!"

Yonghwa stared at them with mouth wide open (he's still sitting on the ground by the way). The four boys held hands and danced around Seohyun with happy faces. Yonghwa noticed her laughing along and finally pushed himself off the ground. "Ahem."

The boys stopped dancing and again, looked at Yonghwa with blank and judging faces. The youngest looking tapped Seohyun's arm and pointed a finger at Yonghwa. "Noona, who is he?"

"Oh, him?" Seohyun motioned Yonghwa to come closer and he did; closer to her and not closer to the boys. "Boys, meet Jung Yonghwa."

"Is he your boyfriend?" The dino-looking one asked.

Seohyun giggled. "He's a friend, Jonghyun."

Yonghwa frowned. And soon to be boyfriend, too.

With that, the boys didn't have blank and judging faces anymore. Instead they surrounded Yonghwa and took turns in introducing themselves. The first to talk was the tall kid with a small face and round glasses. "I'm Choi Minho and I'm the one who research noona's whereabouts." He grinned and adjusted his glasses.

Yonghwa was about to ask why they needed to do a research on her when the youngest boy interrupted.

"I'm Lee Taemin and I'm a man!"

"I'm Kim Jonghyun." the dino-looking boy smiled and nodded. "And I'm charming."

The last one to introduce himself was the boy with the thick brows. He rolled his eyes at Jonghyun but smiled at Yonghwa and Seohyun. "I'm Kim Kibum and unfortunately, am Jonghyun's brother."

"You're both adopted by the same parents?" Seohyun asked, smiling.

Before Kibum could answer, Jonghyun spoke up. "Yes! Our new parents liked our strong friendship and adopted us both."

"You cried until they decided to adopt you, too. Cry baby." Kibum grumbled, only audible for Seohyun and Yonghwa to hear. Oblivious to this, Jonghyun kept on smiling. Seohyun laughed and looked at Minho. "Are you doing well in your new family? Do you like them?"

"Yes, noona." he nodded. "They like me because I'm smart. They buy me books and recently bought me my personal la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter