Chapter 9

I am Yonghwa's Tutor (NEW FINAL CHAPTER! COMPLETED EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You have my permission to dance with her tonight."

Yonghwa's eyes rounded as he passed by Onew but when he turned around and met eyes with him, Onew gave him an innocent look before approaching the microphone. Startled and thinking if he heard wrong, Yonghwa chuckled and walked down the stage. When he reached the bottom, girls immediately surrounded him, asking him to dance with them but he politely declined and walked on. His feet moved towards a certain direction on their own, his eyes focused on only one person from across the room. Her styled, wavy hair which was kept in one side stayed perfectly on her shoulder and her pink gown gave her figure more definition. Her eyes were wandering around the room, as if looking or waiting for someone to arrive. Am I the one you're looking for, Seohyun?

Before we go to sleep tonight

We'll say our prayers
I'll hold you tight
And kiss away the fears you hold inside you

"Oppa, can a hardcore fan like me, get to dance with you?" Yonghwa stopped walking and turned to the side, locking eyes with Hani. He had enjoyed her company during dinner but his mind and heart was already set on her. Yonghwa smiled at her but shook his head. "I'm sorry, Hani but I already have a partner."

Hani's shoulders dropped and her eyes were cast on the floor. A deep sigh escaped her lips for a moment but her head shot up immediately afterwards, as if suddenly remembering something. She turned to Seohyun's direction and she raised a brow at Yonghwa. "Is it my Seohyun?"

Yonghwa felt his cheeks burning involuntarily but he nodded his head anyway. Hani giggled, taking him by surprise. "Then go for it before Dance Kyu comes back and ask her for a slow dance."

So many years have passed us by
I cherish the moments by your side
A love like ours will only grow much stronger
I wanna to tell you

He stared at Hani in shock but she waved her hands dismissively at him. "Don't give me that look, oppa. I have no intention of ruining your little crush on Seohyun because I have a boyfriend and I'm just you're number one fan."

When Yonghwa opened his mouth, she held up her hand. "Just a piece of advice, though, oppa. Seohyun never had a boyfriend before and I know she's too innocent and awkward with regards to love and affection. So if you ever, EVER break her heart... I just want you to know that behind Onew oppa, there's me, Jungmo oppa and Mi Rae unnie to kick your singing ."

Yonghwa gaped at her in shock, again not believing that even to Hani, he had been transparent. He couldn't also believe that this scary girl in front of him was the sweet fan he talked to earlier during dinner. Yonghwa gulped but let out a shaky laugh. "I- thanks... for the advice, Hani." More like threat.

"Good." Hani smiled sweetly at him like nothing happened and gently pushed him away from her. "You're welcome, oppa. Now go before Kyu oppa comes back to ruin your one chance."

That forever more I'll be the one to love you, to love you

When you need me I'll be there to make you smile

From the stage, Onew mentally went crazy. Yonghwa, you're too slow!

And forever more I'll be the one you come to oh honey
I'll be the one to love you when the morning comes

After taking a deep breath, Yonghwa allowed his feet to move on their own again, taking him closer and closer to Seohyun. His heart was beating like a bass drum in his chest, all the more when she met eyes with him. Seohyun smiled and made his heart flutter to the Empire State Building, sending his tummy rumbling with unexplainable emotions. He nervously ran his hand through his styled up hair as he cleared his throat. "Hi, Seohyun."

She smiled, "Hi. Again."

Through all the tears we left behind

The joy we shared, your hand in my mine

"Do you want to..." Yonghwa felt his cheeks burning away and there seemed to be a lump in his throat already. SAY IT, STUPID! 

"Yes?"

"Are you waiting for someone?" he asked instead. Really clever, Yonghwa. Really clever.

"Well, yes, I am." She nodded and her eyes wandered around the room again. "I'm waiting for Kyuhyun oppa, he told me he'd get me iced tea."

I can't resist ooohhh touching you not even while you're sleeping
And when you wake I promise you

"Oh, okay." Yonghwa sighed. So she wasn't waiting nor looking for me after all. Who were you kidding, Yonghwa? Did you think that for a second, she saw you beyond your tutee status? Definitely not! Stupid!

"Yonghwa," Seohyun's brows furrowed as she tilted her head. "Are you okay? You're spacing out on me."

"Huh?" Yonghwa shook his head, "I'm sorry, I was just thinking about something."

We'll celebrate our dreams come true

A love like ours will only grown much stronger

He turned his head to the stage and saw Onew nodding his head at him. It was then that Yonghwa understood what he told him earlier. With an uncertain feeling in his heart, Yonghwa offered his hand and spoke the words he has been dying to say to her. "Seohyun... will you dance with me?"

Seohyun blinked her eyes at him, trying to trace a hint of anything that would tell her that he was joking but found none. She saw how he was dead serious with what he said and she felt her heart involuntarily skip a beat. Should I?

I wanna to tell you
That forever more I'll be the one to love you, to love you

Yonghwa grew uncomfortable when she didn't respond but the negative thoughts were all pushed away when she placed her hand on top of his, surprising him. He looked at her smiling at him with those beautiful eyes. "I'd love to, Yonghwa."

He found himself returning the smile to her and he gently squeezed her hand. "Thank you, Seohyun." Yonghwa gently led her to the middle of the dance floor and stood in front of her.

When you need me I'll be there to make you smile
And forever more I'll be the one you come to oh baby

"I don't know how to dance." Seohyun told him, blushing madly, but he chuckled and shook his head. "Just follow my lead."

I'll be the one to love you when the morning comes

Seohyun didn't know why she immediately felt that she should trust him, but she did. She let him place her hands around his neck and she instinctively laced her fingers together, making him smile. His hands were delicately on her hips which caused her to blush even more. 

Let me tell you

There will never be another cold and lonely winter night

It was her first time to experience slow dancing and with the small distance between them, she grew uncomfortable. Sensing this, Yonghwa moved back a bit, making the distance between them to grow wider but not too far. He didn't want to but he considered her feelings and gave way. 

'Cause we're family
And baby our love will last forever

With all the gentleness and love in him, Yonghwa guided Seohyun in moving slowly from side to side. He watched as she looked up at him, her cheeks were still blushing, making his heart pound all the more. They locked gazes but surprisingly Seohyun held his gaze and didn't look away.

So I'll say to you

Yonghwa chuckled when he saw that Seohyun realized that she had unconsciously moved closer to him. She lowered her head, embarrassed at what she did, and bit her lip while thinking how the floor suddenly seemed interesting to stare at. Why am I suddenly doing this? I'm not myself tonight. Why...?

That forever more, I'll be the one to love you darling

Seohyun's eyes widened when she heard Yonghwa singing along to the lyrics of the song her older brother was singing. She slowly raised her head and watched as he sang along, making his voice only audible for the two of them. It was as if she was in a perfromance dedicated only for her, like there were only the two of them in hall and everyone suddenly disappeared. It was only her and Yonghwa.

When you need me I'll be there to make you smile

Yonghwa smiled at that line and teasingly raised his brows together, making Seohyun laugh. The line was too cheesy and they both knew it. He felt his heart hammering in his chest while he sang the lyrics of the song with all of the emotions he had built inside him from the day they met.

And forever more I'll be the one you come to oh, I will baby
And that forever more
I'll be the one to love you when the morning comes

He closed his eyes as he leaned in closer to her. She instinctively moved back a bit but he steadied her. "Please, stay."

Seohyun didn't know why she didn't walk away. She didn't know why she nodded at his words when she should have done the opposite but there she was, standing still as he leaned in closer to her. She closed her eyes as he finished the song, whispering the last line into her ear and causing shivers down her spine.

I'll be the one to love you... forever more

Yonghwa moved his head back, smiled and cupped her cheeks sealing everything, his emotions and his indirect confession with a kiss on her forehead.

 

Seohyun's eyes widened and her body felt numb. She wanted to push Yonghwa away and slap him for kissing her forehead but she couldn't. Her body was reacting differently from her mind and soon enough the song ended. Yonghwa gently released her and they looked into each others' eyes. He smiled down at her and Seohyun's cheeks pinked. Did he just... indirectly confess to me?

Not knowing what to do, Seohyun quickly ran away. He turned and wanted to chase after her but something held him back from doing so. Yonghwa, you're so stupid! How could you kiss her?! Now she'll get awkward around you and things will be messed up! And now she'll think you're one of her pursuers and--- wait.. I am one of them.. ugh!

With a groan, Yonghwa turned to the opposite direction and dragged his feet towards the table for drink. He filled himself a cup of punch and was surprised to see Kyuhyun leaning on the table, smiling at him. Without any other choice, Yonghwa walked towards him and sighed. Everybody applauded and asked for Onew to sing one more song but he only grinned and went down the stage, to the guests' dismay. However, a girl with an acoustic-electric guitar took over. She introduced herself as one of Jungmo's juniors who respected him so much in college. The wedding hall was once again filled with a slow and relaxing song that made the couples dance on the dance floor again.

"How did it go?" Kyuhyun asked Yonghwa who only stared at him. He laughed and shook his head. "Don't play dumb with me, Yonghwa."

Yonghwa grunted and sipped from his cup. Even though he doesn't personally know Kyuhyun, he had this aura around him that says he is someone he could trust. "So even to you I was too obvious, huh?"

"You are just so easy to read. I even left her to give you an opening earlier." Kyuhyun chuckled, making the younger one stare at him again but he pressed on. "So, how did it go... with her?"

"It went well at first." Yonghwa sighed and Kyuhyun raised a brow at him. "I sang along with Onew hyung, singing and whispering the meaningful lyrics into her ear especially the ending but then I... leaned in and kissed her."

"Where exactly?" Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes.

"On her forehead."

"Oh, that's good." Kyuhyun nodded, smiling. "But what happened next? Why are you over here sulking when you should be happy and giddy?"

"She ran away from me." Yonghwa's shoulders slumped but he emptied his cup anyway.

"Oh, that's not good."

"I was too forward with her, Kyuhyun hyung." Yonghwa downed the drink and sighed again. "I was so stupid to do that."

Kyuhyun shook his head. "Did you really regret kissing her, Yonghwa? You approached her and one look at you told me that you had wanted to dance with her from the moment your first song started. You approached her and asked her to dance, for sure you had already thought what your moves would be after she agreed."

Yonghwa was at loss for words because Kyuhyun was right. He had made up his mind on indirectly telling his feelings to Seohyun after he found out that the song Onew chose to sing was 'Forevermore'. 

"Did you really regret kissing her?" Kyuhyun asked again but he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter