Chapter Eighteen

You're Beautiful (Twisted Version)

What is this? Tae Kyung eyed the gift on her hand and took it. Erm… It is a small gift, you can open it up if you want to, Mi Nyu said and smile… Erm… If you want to scold me, I will not make a single noise too, she said looking down feeling scared… What do you think I am, you think I treat you badly all the time and vent all my anger on you everyday? Tae Kyung looks at her and said. You always do that, Mi Nyu murmured softly… Tae Kyung can’t help but laughs softly. You are getting smarter nowadays huh, coming down here all the way, buying water, changing light bulb, delivering coffee and even buying me a gift… Mi Nyu did not know what to say so she smiles at him shyly. Let’s go Oppa! She puts her hand around his arm and pulls him back to the sound room. Where are you bringing me to, yah! Go Mi Nyu! She ignores him and continues to pull him. Suddenly he realizes her hand was around his arm, he smile and looks at her happily like a kid.

Oppa, go get your things and we can get going soon, Mi Nyu said and finally realize that her hand was still around his arm. She lets go of it quickly and looks down shyly. Go Mi Nyu, I didn’t know you like to hold my hand so much, Tae Kyung said and smirked. I still have some work to do first, he told her and when back to the keyboard with the stacks of paper on top. No, you finish it tomorrow, we are going out now, Mi Nyu said firmly. She took his coat that was lying on the sofa and went over to him… Aish! Fine, fine… Tae Kyung took his coat from her and put it on then walks out of the room. Mi Nyu walks behind him smiling happily.

The two of them walks down the stairs together… So how do you want to celebrate your birthday Oppa? You are the one who drags me out so you go and think of it… But all along you say you are the one who makes the decision and I will follow you. You don’t like me to make decision for you anyway, Mi Nyu said. Aish, you pull me out on my birthday today so you decide what to do, he said unhappily… Erm… What did you do on your fake birthday, she looks at him curiously… I had a huge party with lots of guests and MCs, he said casually but he did not look happy… I guess you don’t like it right, Oppa does not like noisy places, Mi Nyu murmured. He looks at her and saw her looking up into the sky deep in thought, he can’t help but smiles at the sight of her… Ah! I got an idea! She looks over to him with a wide grin as he quickly looks away not to let her know that he was looking at her the whole time. She brought him to the convenient store nearby and got cup of instant seaweed soup as Tae Kyung sits outside and wait for her. He puts his hands into his pocket and took out the gift that Mi Nyu passes it to him, smiling happily he opens it up and realize that it was a star shape keychain with a cartoon picture of him hanging together with it. He presses it and the star shines brightly, just at the time Mi Nyu walks over with the cup of seaweed soup. She saw him smiling happily while he looks at it. Oppa, here is your seaweed soup, she puts it down in front of him and he quickly keep the keychain aside. Sorry, I could not afford expensive present as I do not have so much money… Is alright I know that, he said with a smirk and she pouted. Here’s your seaweed soup, she pushes it over to him.

Go Mi Nyu, what did you put in this seaweed soup? Seaweed, sesame oil and hot water, she said as she thinks. Sesame oil is made of? He asked her while looking at her expression. Sesame oil is made of sesame, she said and then finally realize. Oh, you are allergy to sesame! Omo! Sorry sorry Oppa… She knocks herself on her head with her hand. Thanks to you I nearly died on my birthday, he said and smirked… I am so sorry Oppa, she said sadly… Never mind about it, you drink it for me then… He was trying to make her feel less guilty but she still looks upset. How can I be so stupid, she murmured and pouted… Forget about the seaweed soup, so what is next, he asked… Erm... She start thinking again what to do next… Drink it up first before it gets cold, he told her and she quickly drinks the seaweed soup. After drinking, she told Tae Kyung to wait for her as she quickly rushes off. It was more than fifteen minutes and she was still not back yet, Tae Kyung starts to worry about her. Aish, where did that dwaejitokki went to… He took out his phone and dials her number but no one answered it… He dials it again and again but no one answered it… Aish! He got frustrated and worry, he stood up and walks off the direction that she walks to just now. He could not really see clearly as it was dark and the lamp posts were very little. There was very little light around but he continues walking and looking around for her as he dials for her phone at the same time… He saw someone walking towards him and he try to see who it was and found out that it was her. He ran up to her and she got a shock at seeing him in front of her all a sudden. She quickly hides the thing on her hands behind and looks at him. Oppa, I thought I told you to wait for me there, why are you here? YAH! Go Mi Nyu! Why didn’t you answer your phone, he shouted loudly and got her startled. I… I went to buy something but most of the shops were already closed so I had to walk til very far away to get it, she said softly… He saw her hands hiding behind, so he pull her hand out and saw a box in her hand… It was a cake, he felt so touch and bad for shouting at her… He looks at her, not knowing what to say. Let’s go over there Oppa, she said and walks over to the playground nearby as he follows her behind.

She puts the cake down and quickly set the candles and lights it up. Holding it up in her hands, she turns around to him and started to sing him a birthday song. She felt shy as he keeps looking at her while she was singing. Why am I feeling this way? It’s only a birthday cake and song but why does Mi Nyu makes me feel this way, he thought to himself as he looks at her. It has been more than ten years since someone celebrated my birthday for me and now of all the people around me, she is the one spending this day with me, he thought… Oppa! Make a wish and blow the candles, Mi Nyu holds the cake up nearer to his face… Aish, you are so troublesome, he acted as she was annoying but in his heart he felt happy about it. He saw her cute pout and he closes his eyes to make a wish. When he opens his eyes he saw Mi Nyu with her phone on one hand while the other one was holding the cake. Oppa, hold the cake, I want to take a picture for you, she said and pushes the cake to him… Yah, when did I say you can take pictures like that Go Mi Nyu? Oppa, you say I make the decision today, so whatever I say you have to listen… To her surprise, Tae Kyung did not get mad at her but instead listens to her and took the cake over as she takes a photo for him. Okay, you may blow the candles now Oppa, she said happily… But he did not blow the candles instead he signal for her to sit next to her… Come over here, he said and as blur as usual she walks over and sit next to him. Handphone, he asked and out his one hand up waiting for her to pass to him and she puts in on his hand. He smirked and smiles then turn the camera on and holding it up. Mi Nyu looks at him in confuse on what he was doing… Go Mi Nyu, look at the camera, then she finally realize that he was taking a picture for the two of them. She was shocked and but she turns and smiles as he took a snap. Passing the handphone back to her, he blows the candles out and smiles happily. Oppa, faster cut the cake and we can eat now, Mi Nyu said while passing him the cake knife. Eat this here? No, I don’t want to spoil my image… There’s no one here, let’s eat here please… She gave him a puppy eyes which always works… Arrasso… He signs thinking why he always cannot withstand her puppy eyes… Yeah!!! She cheers happily and help Tae Kyung to cut the cake up and serve it to him. The two of them sat there happily eating the cake and Mi Nyu looks up into the sky looking out for stars.

By the time they got back home it was almost midnight, they open the gates and walks up the steps… It’s your birthday today and I didn’t give you a proper celebration, even Jeremy and Shin Woo Oppa is not there together to celebrate for you, Mi Nyu said sadly… It is alright, they don’t need to know that. You already accompany me today, if it is not for you today will be a very long day, Tae Kyung said sadly and turn away. Mi Nyu looks at him and recalls back what she overheard on his conversation with his mother, she felt sad and useless. Then a thought came to her mind… Oppa, why not I help you spend the last five minutes too? She smiles brightly at him and he looks at her curiously… But you must not reject it even if you don’t like it… You know I won’t like it then don’t do it then, he said. No, you say I will make the decision today so I am going to do it whether you like it or not, Mi Nyu said firmly. Then without another word, she walks up to him and hug him, Tae Kyung stood there frozen and shock at her action. Every year during my birthday Mother Superior will always do this to me, she said softly… Today is a special day because you were born. Thank you for coming into this world… He was touched by her words but not used to the sudden gentleness… Go Mi Nyu, don’t say this type of words, he force  himself to speak out… But Mi Nyu did not say anything and continue to pat him on his back gently… Mother Superior, please give him the love and happiness like you gave me. I am willing to give every of your blessing to him to make him happy, Mi Nyu prays in her heart…

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sorry for the late update... Please read and comments... I will try to update the other one by today too... ~loves