N I N T H

𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚊 𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙?

The school grounds were opened today despite it being the weekend. The building was open as well except for the classrooms. The only thing you could do was to grab your stuff in the locker, roam around or visit the library where Mark Lee's counseling services took place.

 

Mark Lee. The legendary boy that graduated with flying colors. The boy that was loved by many especially by the female teachers. He was a charm and they wanted to see him even if he had already graduated from the school.

 

"Ayooooo!"

 

Mark screamed as Donghyuck and Jaemin entered the library filled with a number of students who were probably in for some counseling. Luckily, the librarian has her day off.

 

"Sometimes I think you're a still a highschool student."

 

Jaemin commented as Mark and Donghyuck happily did their handshake. It was very iconic and they would do it everytime they saw each other.

 

"At heart, I still am."

 

"A preschool student not a highschool one."

 

Donghyuck added earning a smack from the older boy. Jaemin chuckled. After Mark's graduation, they were still very close and Jaemin was more than glad about it. 

 

"We'll sit somewhere and wait for our turn."

 

"Here's your num– wait. You're here to get counseling?"

 

Jaemin nodded. It was a first for his group of friends to come in for counseling. They would always say they had trust issues when it comes to Mark. The older didn't really have that much experience in love, conflicts, relationships and the such. 

 

                                                       — ☼ —

 

"Why don't you just tell me yourself?"

 

Jaemin placed down the book he was reading. It was the 2nd time Donghyuck asked this question and Jaemin couldn't hold it any longer. He had to kick him.

 

"Come closer."

 

Jaemin whispered to him and Donghyuck edged from his seat to hear whatever Jaemin was about to say. Immediately, Jaemin grabbed his neck and playfully strangled him. 

 

"Shut. Your. Loud. . Mouth."

 

Donghyuck was tapping him but Jaemin didn't give out. He still continued to rock Donghyuck back and forth. Finally, after a dozen more, he let go.

 

"Crap, that damn hurt."

 

It wasn't a serious strangle but it might have been too strong. Donghyuck kicked his leg under the table and war was about to take place until Mark came to be the peacemaker.

 

"No fighting in the library!"

 

He said with authority as if he was the librarian. The two stopped but still continued to glare at each other. Donghyuck fixed his hair and Jaemin caressed his precious, stick-like leg. Mark shook his head and went back to his counseling table.

 

"I already told you," Jaemin whispered loudly, "I know the story from Sehyun's point of view. Mark? Mark-hyung knows it from the person we're concerned about."

 

Donghyuck knew that and his ears were clean and well. He was just getting impatient, that's all. He looked like a kid who knew nothing while the whole world was in complete chaos.

 

"I'm just worried ok."

 

"Renjun's not out to kill her, geez. Relax."

 

Donghyuck took a deep breath and grabbed his own neck.

 

"Now I'm starting to think you strangled me because Sehyun likes..."

 

Jaemin glared at him and Donghyuck gulped. Jaemin sighed. He wasn't the type of person to get jealous over stuff like this. Sure, he felt disappointed that after years of admiration, Sehyun still didn't choose him but he was used to it. Sehyun never really saw him as someone more than a friend.

 

The sun's rays started to dim and the clouds did so as well. The footsteps heard from the library started decreasing and time came when, finally, only the three of them were left.

 

"What brought your asses here?"

 

Mark asked. He slapped Donghyuck who was asleep with a book covered on his face. Jaemin laughed. 

 

"Counseling, duh."

 

Donghyuck said as he yawned. Mark chuckled and squeezed Donghyuck's cheeks to make him fully awake. 

 

"I mean, what's the problem?"

 

Donghyuck pointed to Jaemin, asking him to explain to Mark. Jaemin scowled. Donghyuck, the worried lad who wanted to get answers and was dying to know, pointed at him to tell Mark. Wow.

 

"This fool right here," Jaemin pointed back, "has a girlfriend."

 

Mark widened his eyes and looked at Donghyuck. He laughed when he saw Donghyuck's expression that was as surprised as he was. Donghyuck rapidly shook his head.

 

"Nononononono, we're not together. Okay, fine, yes we're a thing but we're not. We're not."

 

Donghyuck rapidly shook his head and Jaemin found it amusing. He was only playing with Donghyuck, he didn't know he would be this flustered.

 

"So," Mark coughed after laughing hard, "what's her name?"

 

Silence filled the library. Donghyuck didn't know why he couldn't blurt out the girl's name but as for Jaemin, he just wanted Donghyuck to do it.

 

"S-sehyun."

 

Mark's eyes widened once more. He looked at Donghyuck, then at Jaemin, then back at Donghyuck. The world is such a small place indeed.

 

                                                       — ☼ —

 

"Hello?"

 

"Injeolms~"

 

Mark closed the library door and played with the keys. He was about to leave them in the front desk of the office and thank the teachers for allowing him to go there. 

 

"What's up?"

 

"Can you treat me meat? I'm starving."

 

"Do you think I earn from this counseling thing every week?"

 

"Come on, hyung, I know you want some too."

 

"I agree, I strongly agree. If only I had money."

 

Mark bowed to the school staff and head towards the gate. Meat sounds good and he had enough allowance for himself. He just didn't want him to enjoy all by himself.

 

"Then let's pay for ourselves?"

 

"I bet you're gonna tell me something."

 

Renjun was usually like this. When it's a weekend and Renjun suddenly asks for the two of them to grab some meal, it was because he had something to confess or needed advice. Different from the others, he trusted Mark more than any of his friends despite his lack of experience.

 

"I will."

 

Mark flinched. He was outside of school grounds, his phone still on his ear.

 

"You scared my soul."

 

"Then let's go feed it."

 

Renjun smiled.