E I G H T E E N T H

๐š†๐š‘๐šŠ๐šโ€™๐šœ ๐šŠ ๐š›๐š˜๐š–๐šŠ๐š—๐š๐š’๐šŒ ๐š›๐šŽ๐š•๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š—๐šœ๐š‘๐š’๐š™?

"But whyย me?"

ย 

Anna placed down the tray full of snacks on their living room table. Jaemin awkwardly glanced at Donghyuck and he rolled his eyes. Jaemin smiled at Anna.

ย 

"I trust you more than anyone."

ย 

"Is that a compliment?"

ย 

"It's an excuse, Anna," Donghyuck said as he grabbed a piece of bread on the table, "an excuse not to tell me himself 'cause he knows he's a fake friend."

ย 

Anna chuckled at Donghyuck's comment and Jaemin sarcastically did so too. If fake friends had existed just because of not having adequate knowledge about their friends' past, many would have been labeled so.

ย 

"It's true," Jaemin said with a defensive tone, "I really don't know about it much. Becauโ€“ geez, Anna tell him."

ย 

"Tell him what?"

ย 

"Why I don't know much about Jeno and Sehyun. See, Donghyuck, this is why I didn't want to tell you even the smallest facts because you won't believe me."

ย 

Jaemin and Donghyuck weren't themselves if they didn't quarrel. Anna shook her head as she poured herself a glass of water. She definitely didn't sign up for this much bickering.

ย 

"Okay, guys,ย okay.ย Before this house possibly collapses because of you two, tell me what you want to know."

ย 

"You suddenly sound reliable."

ย 

Jaemin commented while he reached out for a snack. Donghyuck swore he saw Anna's cheeks flush red before she coughed and crossed her arms.

ย 

"W-well of course I am. So pour out your questions now, I don't have all day."

ย 

"I'll start then," Donghyuck sat upright, "since I don't knowย anythingย at all, give me a little teaser on what I'm supposed to expect."

ย 

"Are you serious?" Jaemin stared at him in disbelief as he drank his water.

ย 

"What was I supposed to say then?"

ย 

"You could've straigtforwardly asked her to tell you everything from the start to finish."

ย 

"I wanna know if it's worth a listen or if it's just the same no label crap like Renjun's."

ย 

Again, the two older boys started bickering. It wasn't a pleasant sight for Anna but she would have been lying if she said that seeing them throwing word knives at each other was no fun. She coughed to catch their attention.

ย 

"I assure you it's not a, quote and quote, no label crap, Mr. Donghyuck. And I'm quite displeased at your choice of words for Renjun-sunbae's story wasn't trash. Anyways," she took a deep breath and continued,

ย 

"this plot's more exciting than Renjun's to the point where it passes as a story for the Newspaper monthly. Andโ€“"

ย 

"Get to the point, Anna, weย don't have all day."

ย 

Donghyuck said while mimicking the younger one's tone. She rolled her eyes and smirked.

ย 

"Oh you'reย gonnaย ask for all day. Jeno-oppa and Sehyun-eonnie's story has too many details, it's surprising they broke up."

ย 

Jaemin choked on air and Donghyuck widened his eyes. Did they hear it right?ย Broke up?

ย 

"Broke up? Like,"

ย 

"They weren't justย a thing," Anna interrupted Donghyuck, "they actually went on dates, held each others' hands, exchanged 'i love you's, you name it."

ย 

Jaemin stopped coughing and Donghyuck leaned back on the sofa. Such a dream for Donghyuck had actually been accomplished by his friend without him knowing. How could the two act like complete strangers? It left him definitely surprised.

ย 

"Oppa, I thought you knew about this, why are you surprised?"

ย 

"Because," Jaemin replied, "I thought it was the same story as Renjun's. That's all and that's it."

ย 

"Moving on..."

ย 

"Wait."

ย 

Donghyuck stopped the continuation of Anna's story-telling time. Anna raised an eyebrow.

ย 

"Why don't you know about this, Jaemin?"

ย 

Jaemin squinted at Donghyuck. He sighed and quietly convinced himself the Donghyuck was getting dumb and dumber these days.

ย 

"Donghyuck, I've liked Sehyun for so long. Do you think I'd actually in in her relationships when I'm waving a sign that says 'boy bestfriend'?"

ย 

Donghyuck was left silent and so was Anna. Though he didn't want to admit, Sehyun's relationships were something that he'd never want to put a finger on. Which, therefore, resulted in the distance in their friendship for quite some time.

ย 

"So, moving on," Anna said to break the silence, "yes. They were in a relationship. It was Sehyun-eonnie's first and, probably, worst."

ย 

Jaemin looked at Donghyuck and he glared. Jaemin shook his head and gestured Anna to continue.

ย 

"The worst because, one, she had unfinished business with Renjun-sunbae which you probably know of. It's also most likely the reason why he despised and is currently despising her."

ย 

She paused and sighed. Donghyuck leaned forward, attentively listening to what Anna had been saying.

ย 

"Another reason why it's the worst is because Sehyun-eonnie's image was different from what it is now."

ย 

"That's right, she was labeled as the famousย future section A student. Of course, Donghyuck, you wouldn't know that because you've been section A all your life."

ย 

"And who asked you to tell the story, Jaemin?"

ย 

"That happened," Anna quickly interrupted, making sure they had no time to quarrel, "so many of her classmates admired and, possibly, paid attention to her. She was what she is- quiet, composed and expressionless. How she ended up liking and actually admitting her feelings for Jeno-sunbae, that I've forgotten."

ย 

She could not forget. Of course she couldn't forget how her phone fell, coincidentally being returned by Jeno and him seeing a text from Sehyun confessing that she liked Jeno. It was embarassing to admit that all had started from her clumsiness.

ย 

"Jeno-sunbae isn't really a romantic type of guy as you know and so he went to seek advice."

ย 

"Let me guess," Donghyuck intervened, "he asked Mark?"

ย 

"Ding dong daeng~ and surely, you know that...?"

ย 

"Mark isn't the best at giving romantic advices."

ย 

"Correct again," she applaused, "so when Sehyun hadย confessed, Jeno was clueless on what he should do. To accept or not. But what he was sure of was that he didn't like Sehyun at all."

ย 

"I have a bad feeling about this."

ย 

Jaemin commented and Sehyun nodded.

ย 

"And theย realย reason why it's the worst is because they weren't even real in the first place."

ย