T W E N T Y F I R S T

𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚊 𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙?

"...lastly, trust yourself. I believe in all of you and I know we'll be able to do this with no regrets left behind. Thank You!"

 

The people in front of Jaemin all clapped. He sighed as he placed down the mic he used to share words of encouragment to the people who made their play possible. His palms were sweaty and so, he clasped his hands and silently prayed.

 

"Everything will go well, everything will go well."

 

"Of course they will."

 

Jeno said from behind and Jaemin smiled at him. The lad smiled back. Truly, Jeno wasn't mistaken. They have been working hard as a team and individually, making sure mistakes weren't welcomed. Each one's efforts were sufficient.

 

"I know you'll do well, Jeno."

 

"Then stop washing your hands with sweat."

 

They both laughed at Jeno's joke. At times like these, one would feel like their hearts aren't at ease due to the events that are to come but Jaemin was more than glad to experience such emotions. Excited, but at the same time anxious.

 

"You've worked hard, Jaemin."

 

"Thanks, Hyuck. I couldn't have done this without all of you."

 

Jeno cringed at his remark and so did Donghyuck. Jaemin chuckled.

 

"Alright now, let's go to our places. The show's starting in 30!"

 

— â˜ŧ —

 

"You do know that this is a stage play right?"

 

Jisung whispered to the female seated beside him, waving her banner that covered her face. She glared at him and continued to cheer for her older cousin quietly.

 

"Oh, it's Chenle."

 

Jisung pointed to Chenle who ducked in order to go to his recpective seat beside Jisung. They exchanged high-fives and so did Anna.

 

"Hey, Chenle," Anna tapped his back, "thanks for letting us sit in the front row."

 

"Of course, anything for my friends."

 

"Then why are we in the second row?"

 

Jisung laughed at the sudden comment from the back. Renjun rolled his eyes in disbelief and Mark clapped his hands as he laughed at Renjun.

 

"Was it my fault that you made late reservations?"

 

Chenle said and earned a smack from his older friend. He groaned and the others just laughed at them.

 

"But the amount of people here today is actually very surprising."

 

Mark said while he spun his head to look around at the people fumbling for their seats. Suddenly, the lights inside the performance hall dimmed and a voice spoke.

 

"10 minutes before the show."

 

"Crap, it's starting."

 

Anna's voice squeeked and she enthusiastically stomped her feet. It was her first time seeing her cousin finally do something unexpected and so, she could not hold in her delightment. Renjun shook his head but smiled afterwards at the girl.

 

"Why are you smiling?"

 

Mark asked to which he shrugged.

 

"Anna looks so happy, it makes her look weird."

 

"You don't look any different, smiling by yourself."

 

Renjun smacked Mark and Jisung hushed them despite making minimal sounds.

 

The countdown kept reducing as time slowly passed by. From 5 minutes, to 3, to 1. All were holding their breath, in excitement and nervousness. Just then, a familiar man made his way to the center of the stage.

 

"A prince has come upon us! A pure-blooded prince is, at last, among us!"

 

— â˜ŧ —

 

The audience fell silent at the scene before them. Their movement, their lines and their presence was enough to make Renjun, the man who hated the main character, on the edge of his seat.

 

The play was now reaching its end, every single attention pointed to the current scene being played out.

 

"How can I possibly forgive you! You who sent away my beloved family for your own foolish desires!"

 

"Please," the prince was on the brink of tears, "you have journied with me to the farthest of lands, seeing how I have begged for forgiveness. I have turned away from those foolish desires you speak of!"

 

"Then," the petite girl inched closed, "bring them back."

 

Renjun deeply exhaled.

 

— â˜ŧ —

 

"Will you, prince Haechan and heir to the throne, take her as your lawfully wedded wife?"

 

He nodded, gleefully.

 

The crowd cheered and the audience did as well. Everyone clapped for joy, celebrating the very well-made ending of the story. It was a happy one and all were cheering here and there.

 

"I love you."

 

The prince whispered to the young girl's ear which took her by surprise. Such line wasn't in the script nor has she heard it before during rehearsals. She smiled, doing her best to look composed.

 

Their hands intertwined and the final stage was performed. The stage slowly ended, causing the curtain to finally close. And so, the audience was left satisfied and gave a round of applause.

 

One by one, the cast, the crew bowed to the audience. The cheers were never-ending and some even cried. Finally, it was the play directors and the producer who took the final bow. They all bowed together.

 

"We... we did it."

 

The cast gathered around the directors and they all shouted for joy at the play they had committed their best for. They cheered on the directors and on each other. Everyone was glad.

 

"Now, off to the field. It's time for a celebration!"

 

The producer said and they all exclaimed a loud 'yes'. The lights and people excitedly talked about the play as they went to different places.

 

"Jaemin!"

 

Donghyuck passionately hugged Jaemin to which he groaned at.

 

"Ah, it hurts, Donghyuck!"

 

Jeno saw them and went for a hug. The trio wrapped each other roughly and resulted to them having difficulty breathing. They broke off and laughed.

 

"You guys did well!"

 

They patted each other and smiled. Another special moment to be added to their memories.

 

"I'll see you later at the after-party!"

 

Jeno waved goodbye. Donghyuck followed after, telling Jaemin that he would look foolish wearing a prince costume to the party like that. He took his leave.

 

"Good job."

 

Jaemin turned around to find the owner of the voice. He smiled upon seeing a girl wearing a pure long, white dress.

 

"You too, Sehyun."

 

She stretched out her hand for Jaemin to shake and so he did. For a short while, not a single word was exchanged between them. They knew that words weren't enough to explain the feelings they had deep inside.