T W E N T Y S E C O N D

πš†πš‘πšŠπšβ€™πšœ 𝚊 πš›πš˜πš–πšŠπš—πšπš’πšŒ πš›πšŽπš•πšŠπšπš’πš˜πš—πšœπš‘πš’πš™?

"Explain to me, please," Donghyuck turned to look at them, "why are you here?"

Β 

The lights illuminated the soccer field. It was evening and the hardworking members of the Drama club have started placing the food and drinks. To his surprise, Donghyuck saw some close friends that took no part whatsoever in today's successful play.

Β 

"We're an audience too, you know? We contributed by showing reac–"

Β 

"Mr. Lee saw me and told me we should grab a drink or two."

Β 

Mark cut off Renjun's answer. He eyed Mark evily yet the older had no idea what he had done wrong.

Β 

"I swear you're so witty-less."

Β 

Donghyuck chuckled at them and saw four familiar boys approaching them. Dressed in casual clothes, the boys walked like the field was their runway. Effortlessly model material, if I may add.

Β 

"You came, huh?"

Β 

"I should be askingΒ youΒ that, Mark-hyung."

Β 

"Yeah but you usually don't come to these events even if you're invited."

Β 

Chenle shrugged.

Β 

"I guess because it's Jaemin-hyung's new achievement. I have to be there, you know."

Β 

Jeno hugged Mark from behind and Mark had to tap him several times just to be set free. The other boys high-fived each other and complimented the two actors and the co-director.

Β 

"Hyung, I never knew you could pull off something like that. It was extravagant!"

Β 

Jisung grabbed onto Jaemin's shoulder and he smiled. He was more than happy that people appreciated his work. It never crossed his mind that a day like this would come.

Β 

"Ehem... is this on?"

Β 

The boys looked upfront and on the small platform was the producer. He tested the mic and coughed before he spoke in an enthusiastic tone.

Β 

"Today was a very plausible day. Every year, the annual school plays get better and better. And so, today, I congratulate everyone who has exerted their all. Now, let's celebrate!!"

Β 

Everyone shouted for joy and loud music boomed from the human-sized speaker. People started grooving as they grabbed food from the table.

Β 

"Wait..."

Β 

Donghyuck whispered to himself and looked around. Familiar faces were everywhere yet the one he was looking for didn't seem to appear. He scanned the area, worriedly.

Β 

"What's wrong, hyung?"

Β 

Donghyuck shook his head at Jisung's question. Everything seemed wrong because a certain presence was not there. He searched for it again and made eye contact with Mark.

Β 

"You ok?"

Β 

Mark headed for him and asked the worried-looking lad. Donghyuck was a bit hesitant to ask yet he didn't know the actual reason why. He took a deep breath.

Β 

"Did you guys," he asked Jisung as well, "umm... see Sehyun?"

Β 

The two thought for a while and Jisung shook his head. The last time they saw Sehyun was when she stood on stage. Mark snapped his fingers.

Β 

"Ah! I think I saw her running to the entrance? She was wearing, like, a white costume, right?"

Β 

Donghyuck's eyes lit up and he nodded rapidly. He needed to see her no matter what and he couldn't just celebrate without her.

Β 

"Entrance? Got it. Thanks, hyung. Hold my drink for me, Jisung."

Β 

With that, he ran off to the gate which was at the opposite side of where he was currently at. Jaemin was about to run after him, probably eavesdropped on their conversation yet ended up not doing so.

Β 

"Don't drink from that, Jisung!"

Β 

He shouted once he got far. Jaemin faintly smiled to himself when he saw that Donghyuck looked like a kid who was on his way to get his toy.

Β 

β€” ☼ β€”

Β 

"Finally."

Β 

Donghyuck said, panting for he ran as fast as he could. The female looked at him, surprised. He looked at her and saw that she had her usual face. Unfazed, unshaken but it looked perfect to him.

Β 

"Why are you here?"

Β 

She moved to her side in order for Donghyuck to sit beside her. Donghyuck asked in a soft voice and that was enough to calm her nerves.

Β 

"Just because."

Β 

Donghyuck let out a small chuckle and she did as well. The moment was sudden but it felt so peaceful and each other's presence made it feel complete.

Β 

"What, are you scared that they'd see you in your costume?"

Β 

"No."

Β 

"Why are still wearing that though? I could ask clothes from the admin if you forgot to bring some."

Β 

"I'm too tired to change."

Β 

Donghyuck laughed. He forgot that Sehyun wasn't the type of person to stand in front of a crowd therefore today probably consumed a ton of her energy. He caressed her head and she coughed.

Β 

"Don't."

Β 

She said in a cold tone, afraid that her heart would jump out of her chest as it beated too fast. He smiled.

Β 

"So," Donghyuck said after a few seconds of silence, "what is it you were supposed to tell me?"

Β 

β€” ☼ β€”

Β 

"Hey, hey, hey! Stop it! You're embarassing us!"

Β 

Despite saying so, Renjun still continued to laugh at Chenle who was dancing as if he was drunk. Alcoholic drinks weren't allowed in school grounds yet that didn't stop Chenle from dancing crazily.

Β 

"Where's Donghyuck?"

Β 

Jeno asked to no one in particular as he glanced around. Renjun heard and replied.

Β 

"Probably ran off somewhere."

Β 

"I think," Chenle struggled to say as he danced, "he went to find Sehyun. Jisung said so."

Β 

Renjun rolled his eyes. He has been hearing her name ever since this morning, he's had enough of it. Jeno smacked him and he flinched.

Β 

"Sehyun has the right to be here, she's the main character."

Β 

"Yeah but she doesn't have to go bugging others! We can enjoy without her, gosh."

Β 

"Eyy, again with your harsh words, do you hate her that much?"

Β 

Chenle asked, still dancing like there's no tomorrow. Jeno laughed at him and started mimicking the weird boy who disregarded his image as the student body president.

Β 

"Yeah, Chenle's right, Renjun. She should be here."

Β 

"Ugh."

Β 

"Plus, she's also the reason why our Play went well."

Β 

"Because she's the main character? What about Donghyuck?"

Β 

Jeno shook his head.

Β 

"It was Jaemin's plot that was chosen for the play. And you know who's story inspired him?"

Β 

Renjun fell silent and stared at the ground. He knew. The moment the stage curtains opened, he knew.

Β