S I X T E E N T H

πš†πš‘πšŠπšβ€™πšœ 𝚊 πš›πš˜πš–πšŠπš—πšπš’πšŒ πš›πšŽπš•πšŠπšπš’πš˜πš—πšœπš‘πš’πš™?

Mark rubbed his hands and his arms. It had been nearly 20 minutes since they started waiting for the two boys yet the cold air made them feel like an hour had already passed.

Β 

"Oh, Sehyun!"

Β 

Mark called out to the female who seemed like she was rushing to get out of school grounds. She turned her head to where Mark was and slightly bowed. The rest of the boys looked to where Sehyun was and Renjun sighed.

Β 

"Ah, it's her."

Β 

He rolled his eyes and Jeno nudged him. It wasn't quite mannerful and Renjun knew that. Despite this, he could not contain his actions.

Β 

Upon seeing Renjun, her eyes suddenly had a sorrowful color. She hurriedly walked to the right, opposite from where they were standing.

Β 

"Noona!"

Β 

Jisung called out. She turned around and plastered a smile on her face. Chenle was tugging Jisung's coat, trying to tell him not to make the situation any more awkward yet the lad failed to understand.

Β 

"Join us!"

Β 

"Hey, are you the one treating us?"

Jisung shrugged his shoulders as Mark asked him harshly. Mark spanked him but he continued to motion Sehyun to come to them. Sehyun rapidly shook her head and tapped on her wristwatch. Then, she walked away.

Β 

"What was that..."

Β 

"It means she's in a hurry, you fool."

Β 

Chenle commented earning a glare from Jisung. They held each other's collars and started to playfully fight each other. Mark shook his head. He didn't experience 20 years of torture just to take care of a bunch of kids.

Β 

"Yo, wassup, man~"

Β 

Jaemin hugged Mark and the older tried to resist. Donghyuck, who was beside him, watched the image of Sehyun slowly disappear from their sight. Mark noticed and immediately told the other boys to start walking.

Β 

"Hey, let's go guys. Your bubble tea's waiting."

Β 

The two boys having their own fistfight suddenly cheered and made loud noises. Everyone was celebrating even if there was no reason to do so. All except for the boy who was worried for a certain girl.

Β 

β€” ☼ β€”

Β 

"We were supposed to order just bubble tea.Β JustΒ bubble tea."

Β 

Chenle chuckled and showed a thumbs up to Mark. For some unknown reason, they had ended up in a cafΓ© that sold various drinks and food. Donghyuck munched down his sandwich.

Β 

"Hyung," he spoke with his mouth full, "after all these years we've been together, haven't you gotten used to it?"

Β 

The sound of a photo being taken was heard and Donghyuck turned to where it came from. Jeno immediately hid his phone and Donghyuck, with his mouth still full, reached for it.

Β 

"Hey, you're literally about to spill my drink!"

Β 

Renjun exclaimed and by now, they were the noisiest table in such a small cafΓ©. On one side, the youngest ones were laughing their insides out, on the other was a Jaemin telling them to stop and calm down. Mark simply flashed an uncomfortable smile at the cashier.

Β 

"I'm sorry," the cashier shouted at them, "this isn't a playground."

Β 

She went back to doing her job and the boys fell silent. They properly sat back down and Donghyuck cleared his throat. Chenle was still chuckling and so Jisung slapped him, asking him to stop.

Β 

"I'm gonna kill you, Jeno."

Β 

Jeno flashed Donghyuck an eye smile and Mark shook his head once more. He reached out for his bubble tea and sipped from it, only to find out that it was emptied.

Β 

"What the hell, I haven't even half-ed this."

Β 

Jaemin looked around as Mark eyed him. It was likely for Jaemin to mistakenly think Mark's drink was his but to finish it all was highly respectable. Mark stood up and headed for the cashier.

Β 

"Sure is difficult to have a lot of kids, huh?"

Β 

Mark squinted his eyes at the cashier's question.

Β 

"Excuse me?"

Β 

"Sugar level?"

Β 

"75. Thank you miss, um..."

Β 

"Byeoli."

Β 

She gave him the change and asked him to wait at the side for his order. Indistinct chattering was heard from their table and Mark couldn't help but chuckle.

Β 

The cashier gave Mark's order with a smile and he smiled back. He went back to his seat, his smile noticebly failing to leave his face.

Β 

"By the way," Mark said to no one in particular, "what's up with you guys these days?"

Β 

Chenle snapped his fingers and pointed at Jaemin, then at Jeno, then at Donghyuck.

Β 

"They're part of the Annual Play thingy."

Β 

"You're also a part of it, though."

Β 

Jisung commented. Mark nodded.

Β 

"Yeah, I know that but like, what's up with it. What's happening and stuff, you know."

Β 

"I'm," Jaemin stood up and brushed his hair, "the assistant director."

Β 

Jaemin sat down. Mark widened his eyes and laughed afterwards. He had to ask them if it was really true and they all nodded. Renjun said that their reactions were no different from his.

Β 

"Guess who's the lead role."

Β 

Donghyuck said in a playful tone. Mark furrowed his eyebrows then eventually pointed at Donghyuck. The boy sipped from his drink and smugged.

Β 

"No way..."

Β 

At this point, everything was too unbelievable for Mark. He couldn't digest the information properly and Jisung laughed at his expression.

Β 

"But what's more unbelievable," Renjun said after swallowing a pearl, "is that Sehyun's his partner."

Β 

"She's the lead role?"

Β 

Renjun nodded with a pitiful smile placed on his lips. Mark failed to accept such events and slouched down on his chair. Chenle, Jisung, and Jeno laughed at him.

Β 

"But she might not do it," Jaemin faced Renjun, "because she's not confident."

Β 

"Ah, really."

Β 

Renjun replied without the slightest hint of surprise in his voice. It disappointed him to know that what he thought would actually happen did happen. He sipped his drink.

Β 

"Then what's gonna be her role?"

Β 

Jisung asked Jaemin and the assistant director simply shrugged. Donghyuck coughed and said,

Β 

"I saw a part of what the director gave her though."

Β 

"As expected from an exam cheater."

Β 

Mark commented and Donghyuck shushed him. The other boys laughed despite the tension developing around them.

Β 

"No– shut up, hyung. I just saw a few names and one was encircled. It's probably gonna be her partner."

Β 

"Whose name was written?" Mark asked.

Β 

"Jeno."

Β