S E V E N T H

𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚊 𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙?

"Today at Renra's Recess Broadcast, We'll be listening to a song request by pwark-nim and abo-nim. The song is entitled..."

 

"And that's," Donghyuck pointed to the school speakers hanged on the corners of the hallway, "why I dislike the A and B sectioning thing."

 

He drank his orange juice and Jaemin looked at him, smirking. He asked why and Donghyuck had a lot of answers in his head, he just couldn't blurt that many out.

 

"They got clubs that are applicable only to Section B students. Like, what the hell, they think it'll get in the way of our academics."

 

Example of this was the broadcasting club, the one Renjun is currently in, the acrobatics club, game club, and many more. The clubs for section B students were so limitless, club signing up days looked like job opportunities for students.

 

"This school , honestly."

 

Jaemin blurted out and Donghyuck looked around to see if anyone was eavesdropping. Gladly, no one was. Donghyuck deeply exhaled.

 

"Why," Jaemin asked with a big grin on his face, "scared that this would reach Chenle?"

 

"Chenle doesn't care about these issues even if he's the Student Body President. I'm scared that it would get us to detention."

 

"Donghyuck, we're section A."

 

Fascinatingly, numerous clubs were the only benefits for Section B students. It was Section A that the teachers favored more. They were smarter, well-rounded and more mature compared to Section B. But, of course, it's entirely based on the teacher's assumptions and history patterns. 

 

Things evidently change.

 

Students were walking towards their classrooms, their time for rest eventually coming to an end. Renjun, over the speakers, said his farewells and encouraging comments to the students.

 

"Hey, Donghyuck," Jaemin pulled him as they reached their classroom door. From his peripheral, he saw Sehyun walking towards them, most likely heading outside to her locker. 

 

"What's your answer to my question?"

 

Jaemin asked, referring to his question yesterday, the one where they were seated in the bus. He asked this knowing that Sehyun was near them.

 

"What question?"

 

Sehyun stopped beside Donghyuck and looked at the two boys with an expressionless face, waiting for them to stop talking in order for her to pass through. Donghyuck snapped his fingers, indicating that he remembered the question.

 

"That is for me to know," he pat Sehyun's head while looking at Jaemin, "and for you to find out."

 

Sehyun raised an eyebrow.

 

                                                            — â˜ŧ —

 

"Hi, sunbae!"

 

Donghyuck patted the younger student and she smiled. He smacked the one beside her.

 

"Ow, what, Donghyuck-hyung that's just rude!"

 

"Jisung, when was I ever kind to you?"

 

Anna and Donghyuck laughed, earning a glare from Jisung as he fixed his hair. Anna snickered and helped him fix his dry hair. Donghyuck found it suspicious. Not that she was helping Jisung but at his pink tinted cheeks. The boy had something going on.

 

"Where are you headed to, hyung?"

 

"Oh!"

 

Anna raised her hand and waved to the female who was about to exit school premises. Donghyuck turned to look behind him. It was Sehyun, whom he had been 'accidentally' waiting for.

 

"So that's why..."

 

Sehyun waved back. Anna looked at Jisung and he looked back as they realized Donghyuck's agenda. Sehyun stood beside Donghyuck and Jisung tried hard to hold in his laugh.

 

"We'll be leaving now~"

 

Anna said and the two younger ones ran away from the two lovers. Donghyuck whispered curses to Jisung as he watched them leave. Sehyun turned to look at Donghyuck and she bowed.

 

Sehyun walked to her bus stop with her earphones on but she couldn't help but feel ominous with her surroundings. It wasn't evening yet she felt like the cold midnight breeze was already there, making her anxious. She looked around her and finally looked behind her. There was nothing around.

 

She was anxious for nothing after all. She looked at front to watch where she was going. She was stopped by a certain tall boy's face that looked at her as if she was a treasure he had found.

 

"Hi."

 

He said awkwardly with a shy grin on his face. She was surprised. How could she have missed his presence? 

 

"Did you follow me?"

 

"N-no," he stuttered, "I'm going this way for, umm, my mom's grocery stuff. It's a hassle you know."

 

He scratched his nape and Sehyun found it adorable. The girl knew him quite well and could tell he was giving excuses. Not that she hated it, though. She unconciously smiled.

 

"The bus to the grocery's here."

 

Donghyuck pointed and she stared at him weirdly. Until when is he going to keep his act? she thought. They both got inside the bus, Donghyuck going first as he paid for Sehyun's bus fare as well. She sat beside him, speechless.

 

"Thank you for that."

 

She said, emotions not evident in her voice. She wasn't really good at expressing things with color. Words were somewhat not a medium for her to express what she really felt.

 

"Don't worry, I'll keep doing this when we start dating so I gotta get used to it."

 

They faced each other and Donghyuck flashed a small smirk. He brushed back his hair as if to say he was that cool. Sehyun awkwardly smiled. Did she hear that right?

 

"D-did you just say the d word?"

 

"What? The one Renjun doesn't have?"

 

"D-date? D-dating? Us?"

 

Donghyuck nodded cutely while Sehyun was still unable to find the right reaction to the word dating.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

She faced front, avoiding eye contact with the boy beside her. He sighed. He knew this was coming.

 

"For what?"

 

"I c-can't date you," she said as she fiddled with her fingers, "at least not for now."

 

Jaemin was right, she really wasn't ready for such a commitment. Donghyuck wanted an answer, a clear one, even though he knew what it was. He sighed. He turned to Sehyun and she looked at him as well. Her eyes looked clear, honest, and wanted him to tell her that he understood. Then, he smiled.

 

"As long as you let me love you."