T W E N T Y F I F T H

πš†πš‘πšŠπšβ€™πšœ 𝚊 πš›πš˜πš–πšŠπš—πšπš’πšŒ πš›πšŽπš•πšŠπšπš’πš˜πš—πšœπš‘πš’πš™?

Sehyun checked her watch. 15 minutes had passed after their meeting time yet there was no sign of the person she was waiting for. Her thick coat covered her from the cold but it didn't stop her from shivering.

Β 

"I'm sorry I'm late."

Β 

She flinched, surprised at the voice that came from behind. She flashed him a smile and shook her head.

Β 

"Let's go?"

Β 

Jeno nodded and they both headed for an alley nearby. The alley was filled with sweet shops, all noticebly busy for the season of love was soon upon them.

Β 

"You should've gone and looked for ingredients right away by the time you arrived. You don't really need my help. And I guarantee I can't help you."

Β 

Sehyun chuckled at his words. It was his idea of going there in the first place so wandering ahead wasn't an option for her.

Β 

"Don't worry, I'm fine. It's not like choosing ingredients would distract me from the cold. And," she coughed, "I didn't expect you to be on time anyways."

Β 

Jeno furrowed his eyebrows as he flashbacked all the events in which he was late on his mind. There were only a few he took note of.

Β 

"Was I always late for our dates?"

Β 

"Yeah."

Β 

He still had a puzzled look on his face and Sehyun smiled.

Β 

"Of course you wouldn't remember. You only remembered the times I scolded you for it."

Β 

"Oh..."

Β 

An awkward silence enveloped the two of them as they continued to walk. People advertising here and there eventually drew back their attention to their purpose.

Β 

"What shall we get first?"

Β 

"I told you, I don't know anything about making cookies."

Β 

"Yet you insisted this idea?"

Β 

Sehyun remembered 5 days ago at the evening of the party. She was a crying mess, her feet rushing to go inside their classroom to grab her stuff then go straight home.

Β 

All those plans were ruined when Jeno chased her as she left the school premises, comforted her like nothing had happened to them in the past.

Β 

"Hey, I'm sorry I'm bad at this. The first thing that popped in my head when I heard the wordΒ ValentinesΒ was sweets, okay."

Β 

Sehyun realized why she liked Jeno in the past. Often times he would act like he didn't care and gave everyone an impression that he was an intimidating person. But deep inside, he cared about others even if he wasn't close to them.

Β 

"You use your head?"

Β 

Jeno rolled his eyes as she teased. She faintly smiled. It was still there. The comfortable feeling they had with each other back then, mistaken as love.

Β 

They entered the first shop that seemed to be selling baking materials. The bells rang once they opened the glass door. As they entered, warm air welcomed them and they both felt at ease.

Β 

"I'll start grabbing stuff now."

Β 

Sehyun said and Jeno picked up a basket next to him. It hanged on his arm while he walked alongside Sehyun who carefully chose her ingredients.

Β 

"Hey, Sehyun," Jeno said and she hummed in response, "I... nothing."

Β 

Though her focus was completely in picking out her ingredients for her Valentine's treat, she could still hear him loud and clear.

Β 

"What is it?"

Β 

"Nothing, really."

Β 

"You see this?" She held up the bag of chocolate chips, "I'm shoving this in your face if you don't spit it out."

Β 

Jeno laughed nervously and placed the bag inside the basket he was holding. He certainly didn't want to be a snack.

Β 

"Fine. I didn't want to say it because I'd sound annoying but..."

Β 

"I'm listening."

Β 

"I'm sorry."

Β 

Sehyun focused on the set of trays displayed in front of her, not sparing a single glance at Jeno. He sighed.

Β 

"I... I'm sorry for, um, you know. What I did to you in the past. I really wanted to make you feel loved and–"

Β 

She grabbed the basket Jeno carried on his right arm and placed the silver tray inside. She handed it back and looked at him.

Β 

"You've explained this to me countless times, Jeno. Are you a broken cassette tape or what?"

Β 

She chuckled and brushed away Jeno's sincerity as if it was nothing. True enough, Jeno had already explained himself a billion of times so she no longer held a grudge against him.

Β 

But, as humans, feelings are inevitable. For many years, the pain chose to stay in her therefore leaving her no choice but to avoid Jeno like they've never known each other.

Β 

"I'm sure I've forgiven you already. Though I felt unloved, useless, pathetic, empty–"

Β 

"Stop making me feel more guilty than I already am!"

Β 

She laughed at Jeno's embarassed face. All those feelings weren't really true but were simply a way to make Jeno feel at ease. She no longer blamed him for the lack of trust she had with others.

Β 

In fact, she blamed nobody butΒ herself.

Β 

"You know," she spoke as they walked to the counter, "I did feel used. I felt like I was something to be toyed with. What I'm saying is true now. But I don't blame you anymore."

Β 

"Anymore?"

Β 

"I think, maybe, it's God's way to make me realize I'm really not–"

Β 

"You're valuable! I'm really sorry, Sehyun."

Β 

Jeno was nearly on his knees, begging her for forgiveness until she held his shoulders and asked him to stop. He stood up straight.

Β 

"No, Jeno! Let me speak. I mean, I realized that I'm not ready for these relationships."

Β 

She pulled the basket from him and he stared at her pitifully.

Β 

"I wanted to tell Donghyuck that. That I'm still incapable of loving others. That I lacked in so many aspects when it comes to these things which is why I didn't want to let myself fall deeper for him and for him to do the same. Seeing you made me realize my past self. I..."

Β 

She gulped and Jeno patted her back.

Β 

"I was too afraid to tell him. And my stupid self thought that ignoring him was the best solution."

Β 

"Sehyun..."

Β 

They reached the counter and the cashier took their items and scanned them one by one.

Β 

"Don't worry, Sehyun."

Β 

She faced him and he smiled at her.

Β 

"Your feelings will reach him, no matter what. And so will these cookies."

Β 

She chuckled.

Β