F I F T H

𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚊 𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙?

Have you ever experienced typing a whole research document down on Word, exiting the file only to see that you've never actually saved it? Or, perhaps, getting up early only to know that classes are suspended?

 

That's it. That's exactly how Sehyun feels whenever the day contained a double period for their Math class. Frustrated and regretful.

 

"Sit with your partners, we'll be checking your activities in a while."

 

The students obeyed and one by one they stood up and sat beside their partners. Sehyun went to Donghyuck and he smiled. She shyly smiled back. The papers were being distributed by their class president.

 

Time went on and Sehyun slowly saw the outcome of her hardwork. She sighed. She peeped at Donghyuck's paper and her eyes widened.

 

"Woah how could he get everything perfect..."

 

She murmured to herself but unfortunately the young lad heard for they weren't so far apart.

 

"I know I'm perfect..." he fixed his tie and faced Sehyun, "perfect for you."

 

She coughed and nearly slapped Donghyuck, almost forgetting that she wasn't as close to him as she was to Jaemin. She immediately scratched her head which Donghyuck chuckled at.

 

"Oh right, can you lend me a pen?"

 

Donghyuck asked. Sehyun hummed, her face painted with confusion because she was too focused in her thoughts to hear what Donghyuck had just said. He smiled and inched closer toward Sehyun. Their faces were a needle apart. Sehyun gulped.

 

"Wha–"

 

"Thanks." 

 

He waved her pen in front of her face. Donghyuck simply grabbed the pen that Sehyun was holding, away from where he was. He grinned.

 

"By the way," Donghyuck cleared his throat to ask.

 

"Y-yeah?"

 

Donghyuck suddenly realized what he had just done and when she stammered, he did too.

 

"D-does Jisung know?"

 

Sehyun tilted her head, pretending that she didn't know what he was talking about. She's so cute, Donghyuck thought.

 

"N-nothing."

 

                                                          — ☼ —

 

Another class had passed and the students were out for their lunch break. Jaemin stretched his arms, hitting Donghyuck in the process. He knew he did, in fact, he did it on purpose.

 

"Big jerk." 

 

Donghyuck said as he passionately touched his soft, beautiful face. Jaemin snickered and shook his head. How could his best (girl) friend like a narcissistic weirdo like Donghyuck? He had to admit, Donghyuck was the weirdest among the six of them. Seven including the fresh graduate.

 

"What're you looking at?"

 

Donghyuck asked because, unconciously, Jaemin was squinting to confirm if the girl from afar was really Sehyun with her younger cousin, Anna. It was and they were heading towards Jaemin's direction. 

 

"Nothing," he made Donghyuck face him, "you're really handsome you know? Like your face, wow, I'm so, so sorry for hitting you."

 

Donghyuck looked at him weirdly and started slapping his hands away. Anna saw Jaemin and was about to wave but Jaemin quickly made Donghyuck face the opposite way and they walked down the hall.

 

"What the heck's wrong with you man."

 

Jaemin smiled widely.

 

"Jaemin's weird, don't you think so, unnie?"

 

Anna asked Sehyun as she watched the back image of Jaemin and Donghyuck getting further away from them. Sehyun nodded. It wasn't new.

 

"It's in his blood."

 

Anna laughed at her joke and Sehyun kept a straight face. She admired her older cousin for being witty like this and her pokerface as she says it.

 

"By the way," the younger said, "are you and Donghyuck-sunbae dating?"

 

— ☼ —

 

Donghyuck spat out his apple juice as he overheard the other boys talking in their table. He was currently standing near a trash bin, about to throw the juice carton but was considering throwing himself as well.

 

"My classmate told me a while ago, shocking right?"

 

"What's more shocking is your damn loud whispering, Jisung."

 

He butted in and Jisung looked around, pretending not to have exposed anything. Donghyuck inhaled and turned to Jaemin.

 

"You and your little mouth couldn't stay quiet, huh?"

 

"It's only fair, this happened before break and you never said anything about it!"

 

"Renjun, calm down, okay? I was about to tell you before some twerp took my place."

 

Jeno laughed. Though it wasn't quite a laughing matter, he did so which brightened the mood. He isn't funny but at least his reactions paid for it.

 

"So, yeah," Donghyuck coughed, "we aren't dating."

 

Chenle slammed the table due to this shocking revelation. Wasn't it natural that once you confessed to each other, you would start dating? Donghyuck thought so as well.

 

"So you haven't asked?" Renjun said and let out a laugh, "what a coward."

 

Donghyuck flashed a painful smile and all of them laughed at it. Except for Jaemin. 

 

"Look, okay fine, I'll ask her later if we're dating or not, okay? You guys happy?"

 

A series of ois and eys were heard from the boys loud and clear, astonished and proud that their member had been able to attain his first love in such a short time.

 

"As expected, spring's coming. Especially for our Donghyuck right here."

 

They cheered and laughed but there was one boy, unable to join with the joyous cheer. He didn't think this was a good idea, no. It was definitely a bad one.

 

"Congrats to Donghyuck and his new girl!"

 

Renjun and Chenle simultaneously shouted and they high-fived each other. Donghyuck blankly stared at them. One by one, he looked at their faces.

 

"You mean you don't know the girl? That it's Kim S–"

 

"Ohohohoho, dear darling goodness would you look at the time," Jaemin suddenly stood up surprising everybody with his obnoxious laugh, "it's time to go Donghyuck, we've got crap to do."

 

Donghyuck stared at him, confused on why he suddenly interrupted his speech then and there. Jaemin glared and Donghyuck knew what that meant. 

 

Things nearly went wrong.

 

"What's wrong Jaemin-hyung?" 

 

Jisung asked and Jaemin glared at him as well. Just from a single glare, Jisung could tell that he did good, he did perfectly well not fishing out the name of Donghyuck's new 'girlfriend'.

 

"Donghyuck? We have to go."

 

And with that, the festive mood suddenly felt like it had not been there in the first place.