F O U R T E E N T H

πš†πš‘πšŠπšβ€™πšœ 𝚊 πš›πš˜πš–πšŠπš—πšπš’πšŒ πš›πšŽπš•πšŠπšπš’πš˜πš—πšœπš‘πš’πš™?

"What the fuβ€”"

Β 

"Oh no no no no, you can't swear, hyung, you absolutely can't."

Β 

Renjun rolled his eyes. Jisung was beside him, silently praying that the older boy wouldn't do anything harmful to anyone yet even he wasn't so sure if a prayer would be effective.

Β 

"I'm going to kill a Jaemin."

Β 

"Why? I bet it's gonna be fun though."

Β 

Chenle commented as he took a bite of his small burger. Despite Renjun glaring at him, he still continuously ate peacefully and unbothered. Jisung played with his fingers and looked down nervously.

Β 

"Chenle, Why are you here?"

Β 

"Can't I eat here on our table?"

Β 

"No, I mean," Renjun sighed, "aren't you supposed to be in that meeting for the play?"

Β 

"I'm not part of the drama club."

Β 

"But you're the Student Council President, for crying out loud!"

Β 

"Oh... Oh? Oh! Yeah, I am!"

Β 

Jisung facepalmed. It was likely for Chenle to forget his position during important times but it wasn't funny. To Chenle though, it was. He laughed at the reactions of the two boys.

Β 

The three of them were currently seated at their lunch table, waiting for their other friends to come down from their club meetings. Jeno was, unfortunately, selected to be part of the cast, according to Jisung who explained everything to Renjun earlier.

Β 

"I'm still opposing."

Β 

"To what?"

Β 

Jisung asked Renjun even if he already knew the answer.

Β 

"The cast. Everything. Okay, I trusted Jaemin but I didn't think he'd have crappy casting skills. I expected better."

Β 

"Excuse me," Chenle spoke up, "Donghyuck-hyung's good at acting. And so is Jeno-hyung! Sehyun-noona..."

Β 

"She's good at acting and you don't know that because you despise her. A lot at that."

Β 

Jisung commented and avoided Renjun's gaze. He sipped his apple juice as he felt Renjun's eyes drill through him. Renjun shook his head.

Β 

"I know Sehyun's good..."

Β 

He whispered to himself. His knowledge about her was wide yet it would be weird for someone like him to express compliments about her. He sighed.

Β 

"Hyungs!"

Β 

Chenle raised his hand and waved at the three boys heading for the table. Jisung did so as well but the bitter-feeling boy focused on opening the sealed bottle.

Β 

"Hi there."

Β 

Donghyuck waved at them and grabbed the bottle Renjun was having a hard time with. He swiftly twisted its cap and Renjun slightly bowed in thanks. After doing so, the three took their respective seats.

Β 

"How was the meeting?"

Β 

Chenle asked with curiousity evident in his voice. Jisung looked at him weirdly. If he was this curious, why didn't he go to the meeting in the first place?

Β 

"Umm... we spent 15 minutes looking for you?"

Β 

Jaemin sarcastically smiled at Chenle and he chuckled it off. Jaemin accepted Chenle's laid back personality but he didn't tolerate it. He snickered.

Β 

"In my opinion," Donghyuck started speaking, "everything was, yeah, this and that, we did many things. You missed a lot, Chenle. But we were fine, you know, the usual, and discussed about lots of things, assigned people, yeah, and so on and so forth. Hmm also weβ€”"

Β 

"It went downhill."

Β 

"Yes, it went downhill."

Β 

Jeno interrupted Donghyuck.

β€”Β β˜ΌΒ Β Β β€”

The smell of freshly cooked fries filled their noses. Afternoons like these were highly favored by Jeno. Just eating, talking and discussing the day with Renjun. Supposedly, Jisung was to join them but couldn't do so because the dance club had choreography to prepare for the upcoming school play.

Β 

"This play's a huge one, huh."

Β 

"When was it never?"

Β 

Jeno questioned Renjun's comment and he chuckled. Indeed, the annual school play had always brought out the best in nearly every club in school.

Β 

"But I'm still surprised that Donghyuck's part of this huge thing."

Β 

Jeno nodded as he munched down his fries. Renjun reached out for his, wanting to know the difference between their orders.

Β 

"Jaemin can be random at times."

Β 

"I know but a time like this? That's just amazing."

Β 

Jeno laughed and Renjun did too. Renjun's phone buzzed inside his pocket. He grabbed it, only to see a message from their older friend, Mark.

Β 

"What'd he say?"

Β 

"Don't know, don't care."

Β 

Jeno laughed at him once more. They sat down on a bench and watched people come and go from the food stall.

Β 

"By the way," Renjun spoke up, "what happened during the meeting?"

Β 

Jeno deeply sighed and shook his head. Even before the meeting had started, Jeno had already felt uneasy. He's never tried focusing on acting and Sehyun's presence all together made him feel that way.

Β 

"Like I said earlier, it went downhill."

Β 

"That's why I'm asking what happened."

Β 

They both fell silent. It was hard for Jeno to tell Renjun about it. It wasn't a secret to be kept from his bestfriend because he wasn't the type to spread things but he feared that Renjun's hatred for a certain someone would grow.

Β 

"Sehyun," Jeno started, "she didn't want to do the lead role."

Β 

Renjun turned his head towards Jeno and sighed in disbelief. His face looked annoyed and Jeno knew he was right. Renjun would really respond this way. He stretched his arms.

Β 

"Well, she never really was confident in anything."

Β 

"But you and I know how much she wanted to play a big role in stage plays."

Β 

The two's relation with Sehyun were deep ones, being able to know what she truly desired because she expressed it to those she cared about.

Β 

"It's not that she didn't want to because she can't,"

Β 

Jeno said before he swallowed the last fry on his plate. Renjun raised an eyebrow at what he said.

Β 

"Then what?"

Β 

"It's because she knew she'd be scared."

Β 

Jeno thought that that comment of his would make Renjun understand that she wasn't trying to ruin the whole thing. Sehyun simply wanted people to know how important the event was and the difference it had with the amount of her experience.

Β 

"Donghyuck doesn't have any experience too but he didn't wimp out."

Β 

"That's because he'sΒ theΒ Lee Donghyuck."

Β