F I F T E E N T H

πš†πš‘πšŠπšβ€™πšœ 𝚊 πš›πš˜πš–πšŠπš—πšπš’πšŒ πš›πšŽπš•πšŠπšπš’πš˜πš—πšœπš‘πš’πš™?

"You should've told us beforehand!"

Β 

"I did!"

Β 

Jeno had just arrived to the spot where Renjun told him to go to. From afar he could already see a familiar figure and hear bickering sounds.Β 

Β 

"What's going on?"

Β 

Jeno hugged their older brother from behind and asked Renjun what was going on between them. It wasn't anything big but it seemed like it.

Β 

"This, this hyung," Renjun pointed at Mark, "he came without us knowing."

Β 

"I texted you yesterday that I was coming."

Β 

"Who texts once?"

Β 

Jeno then realized that it was Mark who messaged Renjun yesterday. Jeno whispered to him what Renjun had done and Mark head-locked the short boy.

Β 

"You said what?"

Β 

"Ow ow ow ow okay, I'm sorry, I–"

Β 

"Look the hyungs are fighting!"

Β 

Chenle and Jisung came running to where the three were. They cheered on Mark who was currently trying to break the neck of the poor boy trapped in his arms.

Β 

"Aren't you supposed to stop them?"

Β 

Jeno asked and Chenle just shook his head. He glanced at Jisung and the boy shook his head, as well.

Β 

"And so, I've done that."

Β 

Mark dusted off his hands and Renjun was stretching his neck. He glared at Mark and as he was about to be smacked, he quickly folded his hands in apology.

Β 

"Where's Jaemin and Donghyuck?"

Β 

There were currently 5 of them gathered at the school gate. Mark planned on taking all of the boys to drink some bubble tea after quite a long time and so Donghyuck and Jaemin's presences were crucial.Β 

Β 

"Still at the meeting."

Β 

Jeno answered as he reached for his phone on his pocket, planning to text either of the two about what time would they end.Β 

Β 

"What meeting?"

Β 

"For the Annual Play."

Β 

Chenle replied. Mark's eyes widened. Jaemin was to be expectedly busy during these days but for Donghyuck to take up a responsibility, no matter how small it is, is surprising for Mark.

Β 

"You're surprised about that? Wait until you hear who's part of the cast."

Β 

"You don't mean..."

Β 

Chenle nodded. He looked at the faces of the three boys and they all smiled awkwardly. Jeno shrugged.

Β 

β€” β˜€οΈŽοΈŽ β€”

Β 

"How was the music?"

Β 

Jaemin asked the director that was walking before him. She nodded her head as a sign of affirmation.Β 

Β 

"It was great! Who'd you say was the man behind it?"

Β 

"It's a woman, ma'am. Her name's Byeoli."

Β 

The female director opened the door with the sign Science Research Room hanging above it. It revealed two actors seated beside each other like they were strangers.

Β 

"Why is the mood like this?"

Β 

The director asked hoping the lighten up the heavy mood. The air felt a little suffocating and so she attempted a joke. She took a seat and so did Jaemin.

Β 

"Where'd Jeno go?"

Β 

"Ma'am, you said it would be okay for him to leave early."

Β 

"I did?"

Β 

"Yes, you did."

Β 

"Well, anyway,"

Β 

Donghyuck chuckled a bit and glanced at Jaemin. As he saw that the lad across him wasn't laughing, he immediately sat upright and put a straight face.

Β 

"So, you said you had a concern, Ms. Kim Sehyun?"

Β 

"Yes," she gulped, "unfortunately, I do."

Β 

The woman crossed her legs and folded her arms. She looked straight at Sehyun and it made her feel nervous, unsure if she should've said that. Donghyuck felt it as he was beside her and he wanted to hug her right then and there.

Β 

"And what might that be?"

Β 

Sehyun looked at Jaemin and he motioned her to say it. It took a few seconds for her to collect her thoughts and say what had been concerning her.

Β 

"My concern is, ma'am, I don't think I can take on the role of the lead character."

Β 

She stopped but the director gestured for her to continue. She inhaled deeply.

Β 

"I-I'm quite inexperienced, you see. I understand that Donghyuck here is the same as I am but compared to him, my skills aren't up to par. I'm sorry."

Β 

The director sighed and opened the black notebook she was holding on to. He opened her palm beside Jaemin, asking for a pen. He didn't understand and gave her a high-five instead.

Β 

"Pen."

Β 

Jaemin opened his mouth in realization and pulled out a pen from his pocket. Donghyuck found the situation worth gagging at but did his best to suppress his laughter.

Β 

"So, Ms. Sehyun?"

Β 

"Yes?"

Β 

"You're saying that Mr. Jaemin here made the wrong decision of choosing you as our female lead character?"

Β 

She was taken aback. She had never thought it was Jaemin's fault nor did she blame him for making her do something she couldn't. She rapidly shook her head.

Β 

"Absolutely not, ma'am. I-I'm sorry. I do not mean it that way."

Β 

The director knew that. She simply asked it to look a little fearing and for Sehyun to accept her offer.

Β 

"Since you didn't mean it that way, then it means you don't blame it on Jaemin?"

Β 

"I blame my lack of experience and skill, ma'am."

Β 

"Then, I'll help you with the experience part, is that okay?"

Β 

Sehyun was left speechless. She was somewhat starting to understand where the whole conversation was going and it left her panicking.

Β 

"Sehyun," Donghyuck said softly, his soothing voice stopping her train of panicked thoughts, "will that be okay with you?"

Β 

Sehyun eased a bit and turned to Donghyuck. She smiled at him. She then went back to the director and nodded in agreement. The director smiled back.

Β 

"Here's my proposal for you, dear," she started, "I'll be putting you as one of the supporting characters."

Β 

She passed the notebook to Sehyun. The page she was looking at was filled with many names yet the encircled names caught her eye as it was made to. Donghyuck peeked beside her.

Β 

"You'll be paired up with another man, having an entirely different character. But, of course, I'd be more than grateful if you chose to stick with the lead role."

Β 

Sehyun nervously widened her eyes at the names that were encircled. Jaemin saw her worried eyes and immediately turned to the director.

Β 

"Ma'am wait–"

Β 

"I'll be giving you until tomorrow evening to decide. Is that okay?"

Β 

She closed the notebook, nodded at the director and hastily made her way out of the room.