T W E N T Y N I N T H

𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚊 𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙?

"Euk, I wanna barf."

 

Renjun said and pretended to barf. Jeno, the one beside him, slapped him in disgust.

 

"Don't you even dare."

 

"Ah, that sure looks nice."

 

Anna commented with a sour face. Jisung laughed at it and so did Jaemin.

 

"Don't worry, you've got more valentine's days waiting for you."

 

"You're not helping, Jisung."

 

Donghyuck endlessly posed, his group of friends laughing at the sight of a man in love. It was hilarious and a vomit-worthy sight. Sehyun surely was embarassed beyond words but hid it with a forced smile.

 

"Oooooh, this is the first time I've seen you like this."

 

Anna said as she ran to her older cousin. She shrugged and Anna hugged her tightly.

 

"I'm so happy for you, noona!"

 

Jisung said clapping his hands for Sehyun. The other boys slapped and pinched Donghyuck for some odd reason and the 3 of them laughed at it.

 

"Hey Jisung, we're not getting married or anything."

 

"But still," Anna spoke, "we're happy for you! You've never taken the courage to speak up like this before. I'm so proud of you!"

 

Sehyun embraced her younger cousin and motioned Jisung to come and join in as well but the shy boy declined.

 

"Family hug!"

 

Donghyuck was about to join in but Sehyun flicked his forehead. The boys laughed and they did, too.

 

"This is like an ending of a romantic school drama, don't you think?"

 

Jeno said and Jaemin nodded. Though it sounded cringey, he agreed to it.

 

"Hey! What's going on?"

 

Chenle came to them and they turned their heads to him. Apparently, the relationship between work and a person could be romantic therefore Chenle had to spend some quality time with Student Council activites.

 

"The school's couple finally made up and are better than ever."

 

Renjun shouted, earning a slap from Sehyun. He groaned and the rest let out a heartful laugh.

 

"Is that so? Then what are we doing here, we should grab some meat!"

 

Chenle invited and walked forward but no one seemed to follow him. He looked back and saw them, looking like they were begging for something. He rolled his eyes.

 

"Fine, it's on me."

 

They all cheered and followed Chenle who no longer wore the smile he had on earlier. His older friends ruffled his hair and started grabbing him.

 

"So," Jaemin coughed beside Donghyuck who was smiling brightly, "you look happy, mister."

 

Donghyuck chuckled and playfully bumped himself to Jaemin. It made him want to vomit.

 

"Of course I am! Damn, you should've heard her say 'I love you'. AH CRAP!"

 

He squeeled and Jaemin slapped him to stop. Donghyuck continued laughing and Jaemin was more than thankful that they distanced temselves from the others. Jaemin smiled at the cheerful boy.

 

"I hope you take care of her, Donghyuck."

 

"What the hell are you talking about? She's not my girlfriend."

 

Jaemin furrowed his eyebrows. Was he hearing correctly?

 

"After all that?!?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Bro, what the?"

 

"Chill, man. I promised her I'd court her until we're both ready to be in a relationship. I can't just take her out on dates when my money's not on the line."

 

Jaemin nodded, still weirded out by the situation. What Donghyuck said wasn't wrong and so Jaemin felt that he could really trust Donghyuck.

 

"Man, she sure looks happy."

 

"Of course she is, Jaemin."

 

Jaemin smiled to himself. A part of his heart felt pity for he wasn't the one making her happy but seeing her smile widely like that was more than enough.

 

"And I hope you are too."

 

Donghyuck whispered to him and he nodded.

 

"By the way," Jaemin suddenly spoke up, "did you tell her?"

 

"I told her a lot of things, which one are you talking about?"

 

Donghyuck paused. Indeed, he told her a lot of things but the most important one that only he and Jaemin knew of. Maybe he left that part out.

 

"The one where you getting infuriated was a whole joke."