T W E L F T H

πš†πš‘πšŠπšβ€™πšœ 𝚊 πš›πš˜πš–πšŠπš—πšπš’πšŒ πš›πšŽπš•πšŠπšπš’πš˜πš—πšœπš‘πš’πš™?

The can fell down from the dispenser and Donghyuck grabbed it. He opened it, not for himself, but for Sehyun who had fingers as petite as her height. Sehyun bowed, thanking him for his deed and he smiled back.

Β 

"Why am I here..."

Β 

Jaemin whispered to himself as he drank his milk from the carton. It wasn't really an appropriate sight for him, to see that he was with them. He looked pathetic, he had to admit.

Β 

"Because I like you."

Β 

Donghyuck told him and Jaemin slapped his face jokingly. It was free period and the three of them made their way to their classroom, talking about a variety of topics. From the recently released games on PC to school work.

Β 

"Oh right, there's an upcoming play again, huh."

Β 

Donghyuck asked Sehyun and she nodded. She pointed to Jaemin and he nodded as well. As usual, Jaemin was running for the main character, his visuals being absolutely perfect for the role and his acting skills unparalleled.Β 

Β 

"But if I had to choose, I'd want to be a director this time."

Β 

Donghyuck formed an 'o' shape with his mouth, impressed at Jaemin's sudden determination to spice things up a little and leave what he had been so used to. He smiled.

Β 

"That's cool and all but who's gonna take over your ever so dazzling main character role?

Β 

Donghyuck asked and the boy shrugged. It was simply Jaemin's wish to become this school year's play director but he hadn't imagined it to come true. The school still has the last say.

Β 

"Not that I could make it happen."

Β 

"You've got Chenle."

Β 

Sehyun commented and Donghyuck raised his hand to give her a high-five. She put down his hand and blinked, indicating that he doesn't have to go overboard.

Β 

"Thanks but no thanks."

Β 

They reached their room and despite being seated in different parts of the room, the three still gathered at Sehyun's spot. Sehyun sat down.

Β 

"If and only if you became the director, who would you choose for the main character and why would it be Lee Donghyuck?"

Β 

Donghyuck commented, earning a light smack from Sehyun and a disgusted look from Jaemin. Jaemin shook his head. Sure, Donghyuck was good in acting but as a clown. He doesn't even need to act to be a clown.

Β 

"I'd probably choose Renjun," Jaemin said, "and his partner would be..."

Β 

Jaemin's index finger wandered around the room, looking for the perfect girl to fit Renjun's image. His finger pointed at Sehyun and her eyes widened. Donghyuck held her hand and shouted.

Β 

"What the hell!"

Β 

Jaemin laughed. It was a bad joke and he was sorry but he found their reactions amusing. Sehyun smacked him harder, still linking hands with Donghyuck. Jaemin winced.

Β 

"Do you have a death wish?"

Β 

Sehyun said quietly, careful not to catch the attention of the other students. Donghyuck attempted to punch Jaemin but the boy moved further and formed a defense with his arms. Donghyuck rolled his eyes.

Β 

"It's a joke, okay, joke. Have you heard of a joke?"

Β 

Jaemin scowled. Sehyun stared at her hand on Donghyuck's and looked at him with displeased eyes. Donghyuck kissed the back of her palm and grinned. He knew Sehyun didn't like this kind of affection yet nothing could stop him from doing so. Donghyuck ran off and Sehyun chased after him, wanting him to apologize or maybe even beat him up.

Β 

"Not in front of my salad."

Β 

Deep inside, Jaemin knew, she liked it but wasn't the type of person to react positively towards cheesy actions. He scratched his head.

Β 

β€” ☼ β€”

Β 

"Get back here, idiot!"

Β 

Sehyun shouted from afar. Donghyuck looked back and saw that she was apparently catching up to him. He panicked.

Β 

He turned at a sharp corner and was surprised to bump into a familiar figure taller than him. Donghyuck fell on the ground, the impact making him fall down. Yet the tall figure remained unshaken and caressed his chest that was hit by a running Donghyuck.

Β 

"Hyung, are you okay?"

Β 

Jisung asked him, worried that his stone-like body might've injured him somewhere. Donghyuck held onto his head, standing as Chenle helped him up. He opened his eyes and blinked rapidly to regain his senses. Fortunately he did regain them, but something hit the back of his head causing him to feel dizzy once more.

Β 

"You little– oh hi."

Β 

Sehyun faintly smiled and hid the hand she used to smack Donghyuck. He was still groaning in pain and the two simply smiled at her. She grabbed Donghyuck and asked, emotionlessly, if he was alright. He nodded.

Β 

"What brings you two here?"

Β 

She asked the two boys who wandered around the campus, also having their free period. Jisung pointed at Chenle.

Β 

"He said he likes someone."

Β 

"I do?"

Β 

Chenle lowered Jisung's finger and questioned him, not wanting anyone else to know this small secret of his. Jisung gave him a confused look and so did Sehyun.

Β 

"You do?" She asked.

Β 

"He does?" Jisung awkwardly asked back.

Β 

"I like you."

Β 

Sehyun smacked the boy beside her which made him wince. Donghyuck still had the guts to joke around despite already triggering Sehyun's irritation towards him. She formed fists with her hands and Donghyuck kneeled, afraid that he wouldn't be able to go home today in one piece. The two boys gagged at the sight.Β 

Β 

"You better not do that again, Donghyuck, or else..."

Β 

Donghyuck grabbed her hand and had only one knee on the ground. He looked straight into her eyes and made the words fall out of his mouth.

Β 

"Will you marry me?"

Β 

Jisung and Chenle looked at him with disgust. How could he be so brave as to go out of his shell and be vocal about such feelings even though they were jokes? And with that, the scene became from a sudden proposal to a person chasing a big, mischievous rat. Chenle shook his head.Β 

Β 

"That hyung's really unbelievable."

Β 

"But Sehyun-noona had blood red ears, that's for sure."

Β 

They both turned away from the sight of Sehyun chasing Donghyuck down, returning to what their conversation was before they had bumped into the rat.

Β 

"You almost slipped there, you know."

Β 

Chenle slapped Jisung and he scratched his head. It was his bad habit - forgetting some things and letting his mouth take over his mind. Though he tried lessening it, he still couldn't completely remove it.

Β 

"I'm sorry. I forgot that Sehyun was Anna's cousin for a second."