T W E N T Y E I G H T H

πš†πš‘πšŠπšβ€™πšœ 𝚊 πš›πš˜πš–πšŠπš—πšπš’πšŒ πš›πšŽπš•πšŠπšπš’πš˜πš—πšœπš‘πš’πš™?

"Renjun, Renjun, Renjun, Renjun, Renjun."

Β 

The boy looked back at Sehyun who awfully looked like she was dragged into doing this when in fact, it was originally her idea.

Β 

Today was the 14th of February, a day wherein people were either at the peak or at the lowest point of their emotional range.

Β 

Because of this, rather than weeping about it and feeling downcast like most teenagers, Sehyun used it to her advantage. She made sure that everything was properly planned and fixed.

Β 

"I don't think this is a good idea."

Β 

She said out loud, her voice shivering in nervousness. Despite everything being carefully strategized with the help of her, um, exes, she still had that fear planted inside of her.

Β 

"Hey," Renjun said in a soft voice, making sure that the girl sitting on the floor won't feel more scared than she already is, "you planned this, remember? You... We made sure that everything's going to be fine, right?"

Β 

She nodded but avoided his supposedly caring eyes.

Β 

"Then stand up. You can do this. I know you can."

Β 

He flashed her a smile and she felt eased more than before. He helped her stand up and they both headed to the promised meeting place.

Β 

"Why are you worried?"

Β 

Renjun asked as they walked outside together. Sehyun was still undeniably worried about the outcome and so, he thought that talking about what worried her would be able to help.

Β 

"I... I'm not sure. I guess I'm not worried about saying theΒ wrong words."

Β 

"Then what's bothering you?"

Β 

"I'm worried about delivering them wrong."

Β 

He placed his shoulders on his waist and she stared at him, weirdly.

Β 

"I taught you everything, Sehyun. Don't doubt me."

Β 

"I'm not. I'm doubting myseβ€”"

Β 

He shushed her and placed his finger on her lips. Losing confidence in a time like this was unacceptable.

Β 

"Look Sehyun," he stared at her eyes, making sure his words would reach her heart, "not everything is your fault, okay? I don't have rights to call Donghyuck an idiot but you have to stop thinking that you're responsible for everything."

Β 

He walked ahead.

Β 

She closed her eyes and focused on her breathing. She did not want tears to appear before she faces the man in her heart.

Β 

β€” ☼ β€”

Β 

Donghyuck didn't know if it was the existance of the day itself that made everything emotionally stimulating or if it was the weather that made them feel that way. The sky can largely affect one's feelings, he remembered.

Β 

"There's a chance that it'll rain yet you invited me here. I can get wet and get sick, you know?"

Β 

He glanced at Sehyun who didn't take her eyes off the ground. His cold tone might've prevented her from gaining courage.

Β 

"I heard you've been getting along with Jeno these days." He snickered. "If you came here to tell me that then I'll be off now."

Β 

She finally looked up and ran to him, her hand reaching out a red colored box that was beautifully decorated with a ribbon.

Β 

"I don't like accessories."

Β 

"Please," She sharply inhaled, "listen to me. Just this once."

Β 

Donghyuck stood still, avoiding eye contact with the girl. She stood in front of him, allowing the cold breeze to hit their faces.

Β 

"Today... it's valentines day. A day when people appreciate the people they love and cherish a lot. I'm, umm, giving this to you with that in mind. I'm giving this to you because I know I owe you something."

Β 

He still didn't look back at her and stared straight.

Β 

"I owe you an explanation. I may, no. I really made you feel that I didn't trust you and that you were just another man like all other men. But I'm here to prove to you that you're not. That I do trust you with my heart. I really do. And that it's me who lost trust in myself."

Β 

Running and chattering of students could be heard as they stood in silence at the table beside the field. But amidst the noise, he focused on her voice.

Β 

"I've always thought that looking for others to love me would help me appreciate myself more. And they did. I know that there are people out there to love me. But, you know, in this time and age, sometimes we just suddenly wake up and question ourselves what it is that we've done to receive that great love."

Β 

She took a deep breath and continued.

Β 

"Which is why I always ran away from them. I ran away, fumbling with other things to make myself the best version of me."

Β 

"Hm."

Β 

He hummed. She felt her heart thump but decided to ignore it and finally tell him what he should know.

Β 

"I can't be the best, Donghyuck. I can never be. But I know that this time, I'm not running away. I don't want to be the best. I just want to be like this. Loving you, endlessly."

Β 

She tried to smile and doing so, she did.

Β 

"I'm sorry for not loving myself before you. I'm sorry if I gave everything not know what my everything is. I trust you, Lee Donghyuck. Will you help me love myself as I love you?"

Β 

He moved closer, his face showing no reaction of any kind. He placed a hand on her head and gently caressed her hair as if he was holding something he never wanted to break. He pulled her into a hug.

Β 

"You sound like a Youtube advertisement."

Β 

She chuckled, her arms wrapping around him in his warm embrace. She smiled as she felt his warm tears fall down on her shoulder.

Β 

"I love you, Sehyun."

Β 

"I love you, too."

Β