Youngjae x Yongguk

B.A.P drabbles

 

Surprisingly Himchan is the one who gets fed up with the uncomfortable silence first. Everyone around the table jolts when he slams his fist against it and he stands up fast enough for his chair to wobble behind him. "I've just about had it with you two!" He points an accusing finger at Yongguk and then at Youngjae. "Why are you both so damn stubborn? Can't you just kiss and make up already, I can't take this anymore!"

The two of them lock gazes briefly. Then Yongguk narrows his eyes in a scowl and Youngjae scoffs before he looks away, crossing his arms over his chest with a huff. Himchan lets out a sigh of exasperation, tugging on his hair. "No chance in hell I'm apologizing," Yongguk growls. "I'm not the one who's wrong." Youngjae lets out an indignant squawk, getting ready to defend himself, but Himchan slamming his fist against the table once more cuts him off.

"Stop it, just... stop! No more fighting." Yongguk clenches his jaw as he stares at the second oldest male. Eventually he gets up and leaves the kitchen.

 

"Do you even remember why you're fighting?" The sudden question takes Youngjae by surprise and he snaps his head up to stare at Daehyun. The older male isn't looking at him, gaze semi-permanently fixed on the screen of his trusty iPad instead, but he knows the question was directed at him nonetheless. They're alone in the room.

Youngjae opens his mouth to answer, but closes it again after a few seconds upon realizing that he doesn't have an answer. He feels a flush creep up his cheeks. "That's... n-not important," he mumbles. "The relevant thing is that Yongguk-hyung was wrong and... and I'm not going to forgive him until he apologizes and admits that he was wrong." Youngjae crosses his arms determinedly. Daehyun just shakes his head with a sigh.

 

It's just Jongup and Youngjae in the kitchen one day. Jongup had approached the older with a deck of cards earlier because he was bored and Youngjae couldn't say no to his puppy dog eyes, so there they are, sitting by the kitchen table playing cards. Youngjae's smile fades the moment Yongguk walks into the kitchen. The leader freezes on the spot when he sees them and he hovers hesitantly by the doorway. Youngjae straightens up. He does the best he can to ignore the older male, but the tension hangs heavy in the air.

Out of the corner of his eye Youngjae suddenly sees something hurling towards him and he catches it out of instinct. It's an apple. Yongguk just threw an apple at him. The vocalist frowns and raises his gaze to look at Yongguk who merely scowls at him once more before scurrying out of there as fast as he can without actually running. "What the hell?" Youngjae mutters under his breath, flipping the fruit over to look at the small note stuck to the other side of it. 'I'm bad with words' is all it says, which only makes Youngjae more confused.

It's not until Jongup giggles and points to the apple muttering "사과" that Youngjae understands the meaning of it.

 

~*~

 

A/N: "사과" (sa-gwa) means apple. it also means apology. so when yongguk gave youngjae a "사과" he gave him an apple, but he also gave him an apology. this is the cheesiest thing ever and I hate myself for writing it but the idea wouldn't go away.
on the bright side; my list is now complete.