Youngjae x Zelo

B.A.P drabbles

 

It was one of our rare days off and most of the members spent it sleeping, but when I awoke at six thirty am one of the beds was empty. Junhong wasn't where he was supposed to be. This surprised me. Out of all the members he liked sleeping the most and he was also the one who got the least sleep on regular days, so I would have expected him of all people to take advantage of the opportunity.

I got out of bed and made my way towards the living room, rubbing the sleep from my eyes as I went. The amount of places our maknae could be in was limited so when I didn't find him in the living room or in the kitchen I made my way towards the bathroom right away. The door was closed and there were no sounds to be heard, but the lights were on so I was almost certain he was in there. I rapped my knuckles against the wood. "Junhongie?" I called out, quietly so I wouldn't wake up the other members. When there was no answer I tried again.

"Go away, Youngjae-hyung," I heard his muffled voice respond this time.

"Why are you not in bed? It's still early."

"I couldn't sleep."

"Why?" He remained silent. I let out a sigh. "I'm coming in."

Junhong was sitting on the floor in the shower with his back leaned against the wall. His hair was damp as if he had showered and the smell of soap hung heavily in the air. The young boy shot one glance at me then looked away quickly, but I managed to see that there were tears in his eyes. It worried me. "It won't wash out," he mumbled after a while.

I furrowed my brow. "What are you talking about?" As soon as he reached a hand up to pull at a strand of newly dyed hair I knew what he meant. I covered the space between us and slid down to sit on the floor next to him even though the tiles were still wet from his shower. "You don't like your new hair?" I asked. He shook his head. "Why?"

"Pink is a girl color, hyung," he whined. "I'm not a girl. Why couldn't they make Himchan-hyung have pink hair instead? His bunny's color is pink. And he's almost a girl anyway. He should be the one with pink hair." He crossed his arms over his chest with a huff and pouted in that cute way only he was capable of no matter how much our second oldest member tried to copy it.

I had to hold back a chuckle. So that was why he had been sulking. I was afraid it was something more serious than that. "Well, I actually think it looks really cool." I reached up to run my fingers through his wet locks. "Pink hair looks good on you, Junhongie."

"Promise?" The boy looked up at me with big, wet eyes and I smiled.

"Promise," I assured him. "I'm sure just about everything would look good on you, though."

There was a tight, almost constricting feeling in my chest when Junhong leaned his head on my shoulder, but I brushed it off. He was smiling as well. "Thanks, hyung," he muttered.

I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat around the same time as the pressing feeling in my chest. "Yeah, no problem."

 

~*~

 

A/N: this drabble is based on a dream I had last night. I dreamt that waipeu got a new hairstyle and it wasn't very pretty but I just pulled down her hoodie and said "it looks good if it's on yeobo" (exactly like this) even though I didn't think it was pretty at all. I thought the idea was cute, so now it's a drabble. here, have some younglo:

 

and now my list is almost complete.