Youngjae x Jongup

B.A.P drabbles

 

As soon as the director told us that they had all the footage they needed I slumped over in my chair and hid my face in my hands to hide my embarrassment. We had been forced to do aegyo again because, for some reason that I would never ever understand ever, it appealed to the fans. All of us did as we were told - some more willingly than others - but in the end it would always result in self-loathing. Even the youngest, who was expected to do aegyo pretty much by default, wasn't particularly fond of it.

None of us looked at each other. We kind of just sat there in the car, staring out the window or at the floor or at various electronic devices to avoid eye contact. It was always awkward afterwards. Always. "Horrible," Daehyun suddenly muttered in heavy Busan dialect, the first to break the silence. "Absolutely horrible."

"Why do they even make us do this?" Yongguk added in an exasperated tone. He was the one who was always the most unenthusiastic about aegyo and I understood why. It really didn't fit him. At all.

"Fan service," the manager answered from the front seat in a tone that told us that that was the end of the discussion. The leader huffed and crossed his arms over his chest, pouting slightly. This was the closest to cutesy he could get. Despite the warning in the older male's tone Yongguk began trying to convince the manager to tell all the broadcast stations in advance that B.A.P just doesn't do aegyo and that they should forget about it. The maknae watched his oldest hyung argue with great amusement, Himchan shook his head with a sigh and scooted closer to Daehyun so they could both look at the iPad that was placed in the younger's lap.

I felt someone tug at my sleeve and I turned my head to look at Jongup, shooting him a welcoming smile. He could be a bit timid so you needed to approach him in a special way. "What's up, Jongup-ah?"

He bit his bottom lip and looked down for a moment. Then he raised his gaze again. "I liked your aegyo, hyung," he muttered.

I chuckled and ruffled up his hair. "I liked your aegyo too, Jongup-ah."

A crease formed between his eyebrows and something told me that that wasn't the response he had wanted. "Y-you don't understand." He took a deep breath. "I... I always like your aegyo the best." I cocked my head to the side, still not quite understanding where he was going with this. I didn't have to think for long, though, because in the next moment he leaned in and pressed his lips against my cheek for a brief second before quickly pulling away, face flushing red. I blinked in surprise at his action, but then I understood and a soft smile took over my features.

 

~*~

 

A/N: there's not a lot of youngup/jongjae out there, which is kind of a shame. they're cute.
this drabble is inspired by youngjae's aegyo. because it was adorable in that interview. <3
(I didn't just watch that interview now, I've been wanting to write this drabble forever, so...).
it's 4:40am right now and I'm half asleep. if this is complete , I'm sorry.