Spacing Out

Playboy Meets Troll

"What?" Sungyeol choked on his drink, "You did what? Asked Naeun out."

Myungsoo rested his head on his arms and nodded.

"What about ______?" Sungyeol furrowed his eyebrows, "Oh no. You're not thinking about it aren't you?"

"I am." Myungsoo smirked, "It can't be that I'm the only one getting jealous here."

"You are such a devil." 

 


 

"He did what?" Yookyung gulped, "L asked you out?"

"Sort of. He asked me if I'd have lunch with him this Saturday." Naeun beamed, holding her flushed pink cheeks. "I'm so excited, unnie!"

"Alright, but I'm warning you. It doesn't mean that he asked you out, he already likes you or what." Yookyung warned

"Maybe he's just being friendly." Namjoo shrugged.

Sulli, who was sitting behind them, heard all this. She shook her head and walked away to your classroom. She peeped through the glass window and knocked, knowing that there was no teacher around. A random student opened the door for her.

"Sulli-ssi, looking for ______?" He asked

Sulli nodded and stepped inside the classroom. Her eyes did a quick search and found you seated on the chair, boring your eyes on your phone. She quickly sat on the empty chair beside you and leaned over to look at what you're staring at.

"I thought you've gotten over him." Sulli scoffed at Louis' picture.

"How could I? I swore to be his fangirl forever. And come to his wedding, even though it breaks my heart." You said, eyes still glued to his picture. "Why are you here?"

"Maybe you should face me first." 

"Alright," You looked at her, "Tell me your wish~"

"Naeun has a crush on L. And L asked her out." Sulli slammed her hand on the desk softly, "Not really asked out for a date. But lunch, whatever. It's still a date."

You widened your eyes and balled your fist, "Really?"

"Yup. So I think he's being himself again." Sulli chanted, "Classic Myungsoo."

"I expected that from him." You sighed, feeling something burning inside you. "Can you tell me why am I mad at Naeun, right now?"

"You're his girlfriend, you have all the right to get mad at her." Sulli said in a matter-of-factly tone.

"No. Uh...right. You're right." You bit your lip, 'I need to talk to Hana.'

"Anyway, what did you get for Sehun?" 

"Get? Huh? Why?" You raised your eyebrow and realized what today is, "Shoot. I forgot."

"Uh oh. Lame best friend alert." Sulli smirked, standing up, "I'll meet you later. Good luck, dear."

"I'm bummed." You banged your head on your desk, "Somebody tell me why do I forget birthdays?"

"Getting old?" Jangri taunted, sitting on the empty seat.

"Im Jangri, you're the last person I'd want to take advice from." You scoffed at her, "Wait. If I'm not mistaken, are you trying to flirt with me? You always go near me for no reason. Well, I'm sorry Jangri but I'm not lesbian."

"Ugh," Jangri groaned, "I came here to tell you that in a few weeks is our yearly showcase. It would be good if you could join. That is... if you have a talent."

You cringed, Jangri knew that you had no talent. Well, not that she knew of. "Not interested."

"Of course, how does someone with no talent have an interest?" She smirked and walked away, 'One point for me.'

'Why does fate give me a lot of people to hate. First was Jangri, next was Yerim and now I'm dealt with Naeun.' You grunted inside your brain, 'And this is your fault Kim Myungsoo. Ugh... why am I even thinking of you?'

 


 

"So, you're really going to ignore her?" Sungyeol pouted, "And go out with Naeun?"

"I'm not sure of ignoring her. It's hard." Myungsoo confessed, "How can I ignore her when she's always on my mind?"

"Stupid love. Too bad she doesn't feel the same for you." Sungyeol sighed, shaking his head.

"She will, Sungyeol. Trust me."

"Anyway, since you're planning this stupid thing. I suggest you delete her number from your contacts so you'll never really answer her calls nor reply to her messages. Temptation is hard to fight."

"What? Does ignoring her mean I should ignore her calls and messages?" Myungsoo widened his eyes

"Duh? L. DUHH???? Are you stupid?" Sungyeol jabbed a finger to Myungsoo's forehead, "You and _______ are the most unusual fake couple ever."

 


 

(Play!)

"Hana, eotteokae?" You whined, pulling Hana to an empty hall while everyone else is going home. "I'm going crazy."

"You're already crazy." Hana scoffed, "Okay, why?"

"Why am I mad at Naeun?" You furrowed your eyebrows and told her what Sulli told you, "I hate her. I just hate her. Okay fine she's pretty, she's talented and sweet, nice, lady-like, feminine, oh whatever and I'm not."

"You're insecure, aren't you?" Hana cooed, "I understand now why you hated Yerim too."

"Huh?"

"Look. Both Yerim and Naeun are talented and lady-like. They both like L, and you're mad at them because you're insecure. Because you're nothing like them. You're not lady-like, sweet, and no offense, talented. So you're insecure because there is a big chance that L will find interest in them. Because they're every man's ideal type." Hana held your shoulders, "And you're feeling something for L."

"What?" You widened your eyes, "NO! Hell no."

"Fine. Deny deny deny." She teased, "I wonder why you didn't hate his past girlfriends."

"______, where's my gift?" Sehun approached you and Hana. "Kidding. Anyway, I brought my cake."

Sehun led you and Hana to the school garden where Suzy and Sulli were. They were seated under the cherry blossom tree you always talked to whenever alone. You sat beside them and sang for Sehun as he blew the cake.

But your brain was flying elsewhere. Instead of joining them in celebration, you were reminiscing Myungsoo's birthday inside your brain. When you didn't know about his birthday and when you found out, you rushed in buying him something, and found out that he doesn't need it. His welcoming hug, that instead of making you feel awkward, was the first hug you ever found comfortable. His three stupid wishes, bamboo wife and panda, and when you kissed him on the cheeks.

"Stupid." You scoffed and laughed to yourself.

Their eyes turned to you when they noticed you laughing to yourself. It was weird, that for the past minutes you were quiet and feeling unsocial and now, you're laughing to yourself.

"You've gotten crazy, haven't you?" Suzy arched her eyebrow.

You shook your head and ended up going home with Sehun. You were walking side by side with him and dragged him inside an ice cream shop.

"I'm going to treat you. Because I forgot to buy your gift." You smiled at him. You ordered your ice creams and started to eat them.

"So... I see he didn't come." Sehun scoffed, 'I win.'

"Yeah. Maybe he finally realized that he shouldn't be... oh well. I'm sorry for what he did." You frowned, acting happy that he didn't come. But inside, you can't help but feel bothered that he isn't here.

For weeks, you haven't seen him, nor heard of him. You tried sending him messages, but he didn't reply. Every dismissal time, you'd look for him and expect him to come whenever you're with Sehun. But he never came. Never.

"He's not coming, _______." Suzy placed a hand on your shoulders, noticing you spacing out and waiting for Myungsoo to come.

"What? I'm not waiting for anyone." You denied and went back to spacing out. 'What did I do? Is he mad? Oh shoot. Right, I told him I don't want to talk to him. Aish... you're so stupid!'

"Aigoo. Ya! Hana can you give this girl a pinch? She's spacing out for weeks!" Suzy growled

"She's in love." Hana said dreamily, 'I knew it.'

Sehun smirked.

"No. Not with you, Sehun."

 


A/N: ______ is weird. I'm confused. O__O

@bAbYmOcHii12: Tsk...

@miyako1747: Lol. New victim :))

@demigodchoding: precisely

@EnjoySmilesx3: LOL! pretty faces XDXD

@pandagirl753: And now who's jealous?

@iAsianfriend: Eh?? HAHAHAHAXDXD

@minny1313: Soon. Hahahaha.Don;t worry ^^

@faith-love: Omg. I'm so sorry. You should've slept instead of read this fic. I hope you won't get caught sleeping in class, if you would. :)

@Anna_Ejibi: She said yes

@JK_021: You don't have to ^^

@an0nymous: Aha! You're giving up on Sungyeol, huh?Tsk... bad girlfriend! You are so funny, you don't realize!

@-l0veoxygen: :)))

@asiansunite96: HAHAHAHAHAHA XDXD

@sunflee_: Sorry dear, but I think he is //tskk

@Babygrace_32: Gullible girl is gullible.