Confession

Playboy Meets Troll

"I swear, you can't tell him that." You glared at him.

"Tell who what?" Woohyun asked, you do realize, he was sitting on Boohyun's other side. 

"Tell Santa Claus that no one wants him for Christmas." You shrugged, slapping Boohyun's thigh.

Boohyun chuckled. When they were younger, he'd always be the referee when these two fought. Not that Woohyun was hurting you, but you hurting him. He knew that you were Woohyun's most favorite person in the world. Woohyun told him, when you were still inside your mother womb. If that worm is a girl, she's be my most favorite person in the world, hyung.

"I heard from a little birdy that Ms. Jin scared the hell off you again." Woohyun spoke, as he waved his hand to the squealing girls grouped on one table. You glanced at their table name and knew the reason why, they were teenagers. Prime Heiresses.

"Tsk... what an unlawful act. A girl for a heiress?" You scoffed, turning to Woohyun. "You were saying... right. Damn, she's the last person I'd want to see. Why won't Dad fire her?"

"Too loyal." Boohyun shook his head. He patted your shoulder and said, "Don't worry. If I or Woohyun becomes the president, she'll get fired. Literally."

"Lovely." You clapped your hands softly. "Set the girl on fire. Burn baby, burn."

"Seems like the children are enjoying themselves." The emcee giggled. "Can't blame them. They haven't seen each other for years. The kids have been busy doing their own stuff."

"Can't that girl shut up?" Woohyun furrowed his eyebrows. "She's more like a court-side reporter rather an emcee."

You felt a cold hand touching your thigh. You looked the other way, to meet eyes with your mother. If you're thinking that this mother is the charming, caring and dear mother, think again. She's stricter compared to your father, and at home, she's the boss. Not you, not Woohyun, not Boohyun, not your father, not anyone but her. They way she looked at you wasn't warm but firm, making you shake a bit.

"We'll talk..." She trailed off. "Later."

You buried your face on your palms and felt a slight pain on the right one. You shook it, trying to ease and ignore the pain, but it grew painful and painful, making you grimace.

"Are you alright?" Boohyun held your hand. "Did you hurt yourself?"

"I did." Woohyun said bluntly, earning a wide look from the older. "She blocked my punch, that's why."

"Why'd you do that?" Boohyun asked, standing up, he was still holding your hand. He lead you down the stage and pulled you outside the hall. Woohyun followed behind.

"Had to save someone." You bit your lip, feeling the pain again. "Oww."

"Woohyun, get her hot compress!" He commanded. Woohyun scrammed, looking for a hot compress in each room. "Anyway, did Mom tell you anything?"

"She's going to talk to me later." You sighed. "You know how nervous 'talk' and 'later' sound to me."

"_______, are you alright?" Myungsoo came running outside. "I saw yo-- Oh, hyung."

"L, good to see you." He smiled. "Tell me, is something going on between you? Last time I checked, _______ wasn't that social especially to Woohyun's friends."

"Boohyun!" You slapped his back softly.

"We're in good terms, hyung." He inserted his hands inside his pocket. "But I am planning to court her, if she approves."

"You two are a good catch." Boohyun chuckled, earning a glare from you and a soft smile from Myungsoo. "I hope ______ would see the light and finally get rid of her fantasy with Louis."

"I'm being nice to you because you hold me by the neck." You said through gritted teeth. "But if not, I'd treat you like Woohyun."

"Hyung, finally I got the hot compress." Woohyun came, holding the compress. "I searched everywhere, not knowing there's a clinic at the end of the hall."

"Because you're stupid." You said, grabbing the compress from him and pressing it to your palm. "Thanks."

"Careful. Too much pressure will contribute to the pain." Woohyun advised. "I have a good way to get rid of it."

You and Boohyun nodded. 

"EAT!" The three of you said in unison, making Myungsoo feel left out. He wish he had his brother beside him, but no. He was with Woohyun's family.

'They're amusing.' He thought.

"Oh and since you're here..." Boohyun placed his hand on Myungsoo's shoulder. "Eat with us. Don't mind the stares and glares, especially from our parents. We always get that."

"Except Woohyun!" You pointed your thumb at Woohyun. "I'm starving. Ever since I entered the building. If it weren't for Ms. Jin, I would've filled myself with food."

"Typical Ms. Jin. I wonder why she got hired." Woohyun shook his head. "She's as old as hyung but she got hired when she was 18. While, hyung got the job when he graduated."

"Duh? Woohyun, duh? She's got the brains." You snapped. "Perfect brains for zombies to eat. And... ha... I won't bring plants to save her. No one will."

"Your sarcasm is not appreciated, baby sister." Boohyun said, shoving the three of you inside the hall. He led you to the buffet table and got himself a plate. "Now if they look, ignore."

The party went on, and President and Madam Nam, left their chairs to eat. You watched them, feeling nervous whenever they catch you looking at them. They stood up and walked out of the hall. Your mother came back inside to approach you.

"_______, I'll be talking to you in a bit." She tapped your shoulder before leaving. You stared at the floor for a few seconds, before getting back to reality.

"You okay?" Myungsoo asked, noticing your long face. You turned to him and smiled. Telling him you were okay, although you were feeling very very very nervous.

A few minutes passed, and you walked out of the hall. You heard a loud conversation from one room. You slowly walked closer, hearing their conversation clearer and clearer.

"Shouldn't we send that dimwit back to America?" You heard your mother say in a harsh tone. 

"I don't think she'll like it, yeobo." Your father rubbed her back softly. "And she's happy here."

"She's a big burden when she's in Korea. I don't like it when she's happy." She spat. "Her happiness is equal to trouble. I don't have to remind you about all the things she's done to humiliate us."

"Hush, there. Darling, you know she's a smart girl."

"I know she's a smart girl! That's why we have to send her abroad. For that brain to work properly. Not in her nasty troll ways!" She yelled. "She's wasting her brain, if she continues living here."

"So, it's true. She really wants to get rid of me." You mumbled. You felt your heart being torn into pieces. Yes, it's not the first time your mother has spoken harsh words to you. But this, this is below the belt. She has crossed the line, if she only knew. And your father, had no choice but to agree.

"When she gets to college, she'll be migrating." Your father said sternly. "But I assure you, your daughter won't be happy. And all we want is for her to be happy. She's the only ray of sunshine in the family."

"I don't care. I told you, her happiness is trouble. And it's only you who wants her to be happy. Don't include me. And no, Woohyun is the only ray of sunshine in this family. Now go get her. I have to talk to her about her nasty attitude."

You gulped, feeling hot tears flowing from your eyes. For the first time after so many years, you cried. You wiped it when you heard the door click open, you pretended to come out from the hall and flashed your father a big smile. 

"______, your mother wants to talk to you." He said warmly. He shook his head, before wrapping his arms around you. "Always remember, I want you to be happy."

You nodded, trying hard not to cry again. You nervously walked inside the room to speak with your mother.

"Sit down, child." She said calmly, "What are you up to these days, huh?"

"Busy with school." You simply answered, but you knew she wouldn't buy it.

"Busy with school? Or busy with trolling?" She smirked. "You think I wouldn't know? Of course, I would. I have eyes, at the back of my head."

'Back of your thorns.' You thought, making you giggle.

"What's funny?" She slammed her palms on the table. "I'll go straight to the point. I can't stand your attitude no more. Your blunt stupid attitude. How many times have I told you to straighten yourself up, huh?"

"More than a thousand." You mumbled.

"Exactly." She pointed out. "I don't know where the hell you got your attitude. But sure enough, it's not from me. Now if you don't straighten yourself, I'll have to disown you."

You shot up from your seat, in rage. "What am I? A property?"

"Now, you're yelling at me."

"Aren't I your daughter? Well, I suppose you don't know that. The only one you consider your child is Woohyun." You yelled. "and maybe a bit of Boohyun. But I was never a part of your family. You never considered me family. You never treated me like a daughter. And guess what? I don't feel like you're my mother... at all."

"..."

"Now, you ask me why I am like this? Because I am misguided. Either misguided or because I'm born to be like this." You screamed, feeling angry. The anger, you've kept inside ever since you were young. "Anyway, thanks for inviting me to your party. And if you disown me, I'm telling you, it's your loss. YOUR LOSS."

You stood up from your seat and ran away in tears. Myungsoo, who was aware of the whole scene followed you. He pulled you in his arms and tried to comfort you. You tears flowed endlessly, feeling so hurt. He couldn't feel it, but he knew the pain was unbearable for someone like you to cry like this. He your hair, telling you 'it's okay' and 'everything's going to be fine'. 

(Play!)

"I hate her, Myungsoo. I hate her!" You mustered to yell, punching his chest softly. "I hate her. I hate her!"

"Shh..." He hissed. "Not here. They'll hear you. She'll hear you."

You ended up sitting on the bench, in the garden. You buried your face in your palms, crying. You didn't mind that your palm was hurting, the pain in your heart was more painful. While Myungsoo, tried his best to console you. He hated seeing you like this. It hurts him to see you in pain. 

You finally looked up at him and chuckled. "Funny, right? That I'm crying? So unusual... it's been years since I last did. That's why I did cry a lot. I hate crying, I hate it so much. I hate being weak."

"Crying doesn't make you weak." He patted your back. 

"It does!" You sniffed. "Waaah... I'm so alone. I have no one with me. The mother, who's supposed to comfort me, ends up to be the one hurting me. She's so bad... I hate her!"

You started throwing fits and letting out endless tears, again.

"_______, when the world turn its back on you..." He trailed off. "You turn back to the world."

You can't help but laugh. "Where did you get that? Lion King? Am I being a bad influence to you? You're being like me..."

"See... I made you smile. I made you laugh!" He laughed victoriously. "But seriously, that makes sense. You once told me, that you weren't born to please anybody. So that's just like it. Turn your back on her. You don't have to please her."

"You're right." You sniffed, tears still flowing.

"Besides, you have one person with you. You're never alone." He smiled

"Who?"

"Me." He grinned. "May not look like it but, I'll always be here for you. You should stop crying, it hurts me."

"Hurts you? What's it to you?" You wiped your tears.

"Because it hurts me seeing you like this. Seeing you cry, seeing you in pain, I don't like it. It hurts me, as much as it hurts you. Maybe not in this situation, but it hurts me."

"WHY?" You flailed your arms. "Why Myungsoo?"

"B-becau-because..."

"Because what?"

"Because I love you." He exhaled.

You doubled over, laughing. "Thanks for making me laugh."

"I'm not kidding." He said firmly, making your stop laughing. "Look into my eyes."

You blinked and obeyed him. He placed your hand on his left chest and looked deeply in your eyes. You felt his heart rapidly beating.

"I love you, _______." He said. "I tried telling you, but you never believe me. Ironic, that when I lie, you believe. But when I tell you the truth, you don't."

"Myungsoo..." Your voice broke. You felt something at the pit of your stomach. And once again, you dissolved into tears.

"Don't cry."

"Before, I told myself, that when someone tells me they love me, the only thing that would prove it is my tears." You trailed off. "If I cry, and now I am. Myungsoo, I never thought you'd... you--"

He cut you, pulling you into his embrace again. "Shh..."

You pulled away from him. "Let me explain. Myungsoo, it hurts me that you're confessing to me. No, not what you're thinking." You wept. "Myung... I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I might not love you back."

 

 

 


A/N: The chapter we're waiting for. THE CONFESSION! Sorry to break your hearts! :((( BAD BAD BAD MOM!

@demigodchoding: HAHAHAHA XDXD

@pandagirl753: Tsk... lol. They are... maybe except their mother. :/

@gosonyuhshidae: IKR!! :DDf

@Swaggerlicious: Hahahaha Very evil! >:))

@Aznpocky: Okay the nike part. She said 'Just do it' it's like she's telling Myungsoo to just go and follow what she told him. and 'Just Do It' is Nike's tagline, right? ^^ Now the neck park. Boohyun said that he hold you by the neck, which means he has something to blackmail you. The flashback shown, Woofehyun doesn't know about it. Well, if you were Woohyun, how would you feel if your sister wanted to jab a pencil on your mother's womb, when she was pregnant with you? :D