SEVEN: STARTING POINT

Wavering Hearts

 

The 2NE1 girls decided to go shopping on the nearby flea market to take Dara’s mind off some things. It was like they were treating her in an attempt to temporarily forget the guy who was the reason behind Dara’s tears.


Dara felt so thankful that she has the girls by her side. Her break up with him is really taking its toll on her and if not for the girls, she might have been dead drunk on some bar. She knew that the girls are doing crazy things to make her feel better. Bom would always pick on her every time she gets her chance. Chaerin would spoil her by taking her out on shopping or buying her clothes, foods or anything under the sun. Lastly, Minzy would always stay by her side and accompany her in some places that she wants to go.


Right now, their hands were already full with lots of shopping bags when they decided to drop by at YG for no reason at all. They were laughing together when Chaerin suddenly stopped on her tracks making the other girls halt and bumped into each other.


“OHMYGAD!” Chaerin muttered as she stared at the two guys in the lobby.


“CLroo?” Dara asked as she poked Chaerin’s side and looked at where Chaerin was looking. “Oh, it’s just Daesung and some Japanese guy…” She added.


“Some Japanese guy? Don’t you know that Japanese guy?” Chaerin asked as her eyes squinted to check whether she was really seeing who she thinks she was seeing.


“Hmmmm...” Dara, Bom and Minzy mumbled as they eyed the guy with Daesung. They stared hard and their jaws dropped when they realized who it was.


“Jun-chan?” Dara thought aloud and the next thing she heard was Bom, Minzy and Chaerin’s screams. She saw Jun noticing them at waving at them.


“Kawaii-chan!!” Jun yelled as he walked towards the girls and smiled at them.


“What are you doing here?” Dara asked in Korean language and forgot that Jun might not understand what she asked.


“Unnie, he might not have understood your question. He’s Japanese, unnie, not Korean.” Minzy whispered earning smiles from Jun.


“CL-roo, help me out here.” Dara asked as she nudged the younger girl. Chaerin shook her head and was about to translate what Dara said when Jun answered in Korean, “I’m here to see you, Kawaii-chan!”


“You know Korean?” The girls gasped making Jun chuckled.


“Basic Korean plus I’m planning to learn the language.” Jun answered meaningfully and stole a glance at the flustered girl.


“Oooooh!” Chaerin, Bom and Minzy exclaimed and then let out a giggle. The three of them already got what the guy meant by his statement and honestly, they were happy to hear it. Bom looked at Dara who was now frowning as she eyed Jun.


“Ah! Are you planning to get yourself a Korean girlfriend?”Dara asked with a playful smile on her face. Jun shook his head and laughed as he was now experiencing the naivetés of Dara.


“Hmm… Maybe?” Jun answered and smirk at Dara.


“WaaH! Don’t spread your virus here! Leave the Korean girls’ in peace!” Dara exclaimed in exaggeration.


“You’re just jealous! Don’t worry, Kawaii-chan! For me, you will always be my number one!” Jun grinned and put thumbs up sign to Dara. He was about to say something else again when he felt a hand wrapping around his neck and then he looked up to see Kazu-nii.


“Did you forget about me, Jun-kun?” Kazunari asked as he strangled Jun playfully. He looked at the girls in front of him and smiled. He wanted to know who the heck is ‘Kawaii-chan’ that was the sole reason for him being dragged secretly to Korea. “Who amongst the four of you is Dara?” He asked as he eyed the girls.


The other girls pointed at the flustered girl in the middle. Kazunari stared at the girl and looked at her from head to toe. He was obviously assessing the girl and a smirk curved on his lips.


“Ah! Now I know why Jun-kun is so enthralled by you.” Kazunari commented and offered his hand to Dara. “I’m Kazunari Ninomiya but you can call me Kazu-kun.”


Dara reluctantly accepted Kazunari’s hand and her face went redder when Kazunari slightly squeezed her hand. Jun has noticed this and gently pushed the older guy then yelled, “Kazu-nii! Don’t scare her!”


“I’m not scary!” Kazunari defended himself.


“Yes, you are!” Jun exclaimed.


“I’m not! How can I be scary?” Kazunari gasped and then looked at the girls. A frown was formed on his forehead and asked, “Am I scary to you?”


The girls reluctantly nodded and made Jun laughed out a bit hard because of the expression on Kazunari. Jun step a little bit closer to Dara making the girls squeal again. Kazunari shook his head since he cannot believe what’s happening to Jun. They all knew that Jun is a sweet talker with smooth moves in getting a girl but right now, he wasn’t using any of his infamous lines.


“Kawaii-chan! You told me yesterday that you would tour me around Seoul if I ever come to Korea… So here I am.” Jun exclaimed and made Dara’s eyes widen in surprise.


“Well, I never thought that you would be here right away. Uhmm, we also have schedules.” Dara responded as Jun made a cute, kissable pout.


“WAAAAAAH!!!!!” Jun screamed and stomped his feet cutely. “No way… Kawaii-chan, you’re breaking my heart. I came here hoping to have you as a guide.” He threw himself to Kazunari and wailed, “Kazu-nii… Kawaii-chan is breaking her promise to me… What should I do? Kazu-nii”


“Neh, it’s not like that… Uhm, CLroo help me out here.” Dara muttered as she was surprised on how Jun reacted. She thought, “Now where is the cool Jun Matsumoto the fans were talking about?”


“Matsumoto-san, we really or rather she really cannot leave without asking permission from our president. If you want, you can ask the president about it.” Chaerin explained and suggested to the guy.


“Really? I can ask the president for permission?” Jun stole a glance to the girls. He was already thanking his acting lessons and it seems to be helping him a lot.


“Yes. I think so.” Bom answered quickly. It would be really interesting for someone to go through the president to ask someone out. No one ever dared to try it and someone is willing to try it.


“Okay! I’ll ask permission to take Kawaii-chan out!” Jun exclaimed and winked at the girls earning giggles from them that result into a redder Dara.


-oOo-


The word that someone was going to have a talk with the president in asking Dara out quickly spread like a fire inside the YG family. A lot was excited about it since this is a first for them while some were apprehensive about a certain guy’s reaction. A few of them ─Dongwook, Teddy and Kush─ were happy that someone was interested in their favorite girl.


“Did you hear that a Japanese guy would ask Dara-sshi out?” One of the female staff whispered to another.


“I thought it was just a rumor?” One of the staffs replied.


“I dunno. I heard it from one of the boys.”


“From Seungri-sshi?” One of the staffs asked making everyone laugh. Everyone in YG family knew the tattletale habit of the Big Bang’s maknae.


“Did Jiyong-sshi heard about it?”


“It was being kept from him. I think.”


“Oh right.”


A lot more of these conversations were happening and being passed around inside the four corners of the YG building. Since YG family is just a small family, Jiyong has already heard about it and it took a lot of restraining from s to stop him from going out to the girls’ dormitory.


“Damn it. Damn it!” Jiyong muttered as he was being held prisoner in his own room by the members. He slammed his hands on his bed in frustration and yelled, “WAAAAAAAH!!!”


Seungri and Daesung were ordered by their hyungs─ Youngbae, Seunghyun and Dongwook─ to watch over their leader until the president’s meeting was over.


“What do you think about what’s happening?” Seungri asked Daesung who seems like thinking of some things.


“Hmm… About all this drama?” Daesung asked back that earned a nod from Seungri. He sighed before looking down and answered, “Seriously, I don’t know. I want hyung to get back with noona since he seems the happiest when he’s with her but… what he did was too much and we really can’t stop it if noona would find someone else, right?”


Seungri nodded agreeing with what Daesung said. He feels the same but he felt it was too unfair on the leader’s side. He should at least redeem himself in front of his favorite noona.


“DAESSSUNG! SEUNGRI! LET ME OUT NOW!!!” Jiyong screamed inside his room.


“Daesung-hyung, don’t you think Jiyong-hyung needs a second chance? This is all one-sided for him. At least… let him compete for her attention… redeem himself.” Seungri muttered.


Daesung shook his head since he feels the same way as the maknae but a part of him is hesitating to give in. He knew how mad can their leader be when it comes to their noona.


“I don’t know Seungri. I’m afraid for noona.” Daesung said.


“No worries. I’ll protect noona!” Seungri said as he opened the door to Jiyong’s room and talked to the leader about the latest updates with what’s happening outside.


-oOo-


Jiyong has finished taking a bath and cleaning his messed up room. He sighed as he remembered the long talk he had with the maknae. He never thought that the day would come for Seungri to scold and tells him on what to do. He must really look that pathetic.


“I am pathetic since I lost her.” Jiyong told himself as he saw his haggard and messy reflection.


He took out a simple white tee and a black, faded jean and his favorite sneakers given by a fan. He wore his red beanie and sprayed out his favorite perfume.


“It’s not too late.” Jiyong told himself before going out to face whatever would be happening now. He’s prepared to take her back and he would do anything to get her back.


-oOo-


“Jun-kun, are you really sure about this?” Ryusuke asked the younger guy who was now preparing for his so-called meeting with the YG president.


Jun smiled and nodded.


“I have never been sure in my life.” Jun replied and styled his hair.


“Ryuu-san! You can’t stop that guy already. He’s as stubborn as a mule!” Kazunari said while prepping himself up since he would be coming in with his friends. He looked at Ryusuke and frowned, “Aren’t you coming with us, Ryuu-san?”


“Do I have a choice to back out?” Ryuusuke jokingly asked.


“None!” Jun and Kazunari exclaimed at the same time.


“Then, I’m coming!” Ryuusuke laughingly answered.


-oOo-


Dara was in front of the mirror and sighing to herself. She doesn’t know why she was feeling nervous now. It happened so fast and she never thought something simple like going out will get this big. Blame it on CL-roo!


“Unnie, I know that look!” Chaerin said pointing out her expression.


“What look?” Dara innocently asked.


“Aigoo! Unnie! That look!!” Chaerin pointed it out again.


“Huh?” Dara asked.


“The look of unnie blaming everything to Chaerin-unnie! That kind of look.” Minzy exclaimed and giggled as she saw the expression of the two girls.


“Unnie!” Chaerin squealed.


“Technically, it was really your fault Chaerin.” Bom said as she added fuel into the fire and nudged Dara to stand up so she can change her clothes.


“Come on now, Ssantoki… Keep moving.” Bom meaningfully said.


“I know. I know.” Dara replied as she went back to her room to change clothes.


“What’s that about?” Chaerin and Minzy asked.


“Nothing.” Bom playfully smiled and brushed her hair in front of the mirror.


-oOo-


Yang Hyunsuk, also known as YG, has called Jinu, Kush and Teddy in his office. He never thought someone would dare in talking to him about the girls.


“What can you say about this?” YG asked.


“I’m surprised and I only heard from Seungri.” Jinu answered.


“I think it’s a good idea. You don’t want the girls to think you’re on Jiyong’s side, hyung.” Se7en stated earning nods from the other guys.


“But what would Jiyong’s reaction be?” YG asked worriedly. He doesn’t like Jiyong whom he thought of as a son break again. It would also hurt him If that happens.


“It was his fault so he should learn how to face the consequences.” Kush answered since he totally understood the girls’ point of view.


“I agree with that.” Jinu added.


“Me too. This time let GD face it and learn from it.” Teddy exclaimed.


They guys were still in the middle of the discussion when a knock interrupted them. Se7en being the youngest opened the door and saw the receptionist.


“Yes?” Se7en asked.


“Mr. Jun Matsumoto, Mr. Kazunari Ninomiya and Mr. Ryuusuke Sawada are asking to meet up with the president.” The receptionist informed them.


“Alright. Lead the guests to the conference room.” YG said and dismiss the receptionist.


“So I guess, this is it?” Jinu worriedly said.


“I guess.” The other guys said before leaving YG’s office and going towards the conference room.