SEVENTEEN: HELLO ONCE AGAIN

Wavering Hearts

 

Dami’s brow rose when she saw how crappy her brother looked. Jiyong’s appearance is not very Jiyong on her own opinion. He has a disheveled hair and he smells a bit of an alcohol. His clothes were crumpled and look like he hasn’t left the room for ages.
 
“What happened to you? You look like crap.” Dami commented as she pointed out Jiyong’s messy appearance.
 
“Really? I thought I look quite alright.” Jiyong stated as he motioned for his older sister to come in.
 
“Quite is not a word for you, brother.” Dami exclaimed as her eyes wandered around the room. She can feel that there is really something wrong with her brother because the room is a bit messy in her brother’s term of cleanliness. She traced one of the cupboards with her finger and then exclaimed, “… there are dust all over the place… Now tell me that you’re quite alright in this state?”
 
Jiyong sighed as he realized that there is no use in hiding anything from his sister. After all, she was his sister and she knew things that he might have not known for himself. He grabbed a pillow and sat in an Indian style position then let out a deep sigh before starting.
 
“We broke up.” Jiyong declared.
 
“I know.” Dami said.
 
“Ah, good… W-wait…? You knew? Did I tell you that?” Jiyong asked with a confused look on his face.
 
“No but someone informed me about it.” Dami answered which made Jiyong sigh.
 
“So if you already knew, what are you here for, noona?” Jiyong asked as his fist clenched tightly upon realizing who might have told his sister about the breakup.
 
“To comfort you?” Dami asked with a sweet smile on her face.
 
“I don’t need comfort.” Jiyong muttered.
 
“I know… So I’m here to scold you.” Dami declared.
 
“I already heard lots of sermons already from everyone. Starting from Hyunsuk hyung and down with Seungri.” Jiyong said in a tiresome note. He seriously doesn’t need to hear any sermons for now. He was too exhausted to listen to anyone.
 
“I guess you’re right.” Dami agreed as she closed her eyes to think of something else that can help her brother out. Then an idea popped up her mind and she said, “Ah… I’m here to cheer you up.”
 
“Cheer me up? Noona, I really appreciate your concern but I just needed to be alone.” Jiyong pleaded that made his noona’s heart break into pieces.
 
“Are you sure?” Dami asked.
 
Jiyong nodded weakly and smiled meekly at his sister. He felt a bit guilty for denying his older sister but he really just wanted to be alone for now. He wanted to think about things and what he really wanted right now.
 
“But just so you know, I’m here. We’re all here.” Dami said meaningfully.
 
“I know and I’m thankful.” Jiyong said.
 
-oOo-
 
Dara decided to meet up with her family before doing some recordings. She excused herself from Teddy and Kush and asked permission from YG about going home for a while which the latter agreed on. She was on her way when she saw a very familiar figure walking towards her. Her eyes squinted a little to eye the girl walking, err, running towards her when she realized who it is.
 
“Dami-unnie!” Dara called out the girl as she recognized her.
 
“Dara-yah!” Dami greeted her with a very tight hug.
 
“How are you? It has been so long since I last saw you.” Dara said as soon as she was freed from Dami’s tight hug.
 
“I know. I was budging Jingyo to setup a meeting with you but he keeps on denying my request! He was hogging all of your time!” Dami blurted out without thinking and when she saw the sadness in her eyes. She smiled weakly and squeezed Dara’s hands and whispered, “…Would you like to have a cup of coffee with me then?”
 
“Ah, sure. I got some free time.” Dara accepted reluctantly.
 
“Are you sure?” Dami asked.
 
Dara nodded.
 
“Ah, alright. Let’s go to my home instead. I can make a cup of coffee for you and we can certainly have the privacy we’ll need.” Dami invited the younger girl.
 
“Hmmm…” Dara mumbled as she thought of the pros and cons of accepting Dami’s invitation.
 
“Come on… We won’t take long.” Dami said as she dragged the girl leaving the latter with no choice.
 
“All right…” Dara reluctantly agreed as she let the older girl dragged her.
 
-oOo-
 
 
Jiyong received a message from his older sister to come to her apartment since she really needed help. He thought that it might be one of his sister’s pranks in order for him to get home. He sighed as he looked at the LCD of his mobile phone.
 
“Should I go?” Jiyong thought aloud as he stared in the blank space.
 
“Where do you plan to go?” Youngbae asked as he occupied the space beside his best friend.
 
“Ah, noona’s apartment.” Jiyong answered as he sighed again.
 
“Why don’t you go?” Youngbae suggested.
 
“I… I don’t know. I felt that I’m not really ready to talk to her.” Jiyong said as he blew one of the stray strands of his hair.
 
“Oh, they didn’t know yet?” Youngbae asked as he looked at his friend intently.
 
Jiyong nodded as he sighed again. He really doesn’t know how to tell his family that they broke up because of him. He doesn’t know how to tell them that she broke it off because he cheated. Imagine, their son cheated and was now miserable.
 
“I’m sure they won’t judge you.” Youngbae said as if reading what he was thinking.
 
“I don’t know…” Jiyong unsurely responded as he looked down.
 
“Ji, come on. They are your family and besides, you cannot forever run away from them.” Youngbae commented.
 
“I am not running away… I just want to be alone.” Jiyong refuted.
 
“But being alone doesn’t solve any problems. You have them, you have us and besides, you still have her.” Youngbae responded as he pats Jiyong’s shoulders. He whispered, “… you two just broke up but it doesn’t mean that noona forgot you.”
 
“I know. I probably am running away.” Jiyong admitted.
 
“We know and we just wanted you to realize that but I guess, you are too dense to see it by yourself. So I decided to be a good friend and help you out.” Youngbae said and let out a chuckle.
 
“And I’m thankful.” Jiyong said and covered his face in embarrassment.
 
“So are you going?” Youngbae asked before leaving his dazed friend.
 
Jiyong nodded and smiled meekly.
 
“Remember to treat me to some barbeque later! Alright?” Youngbae said one last time before leaving his friend.
 
“Thanks bro.” Jiyong smiled sheepishly that earned a disgusted look from Youngbae.
 
-oOo-
 
Youngbae smiled as soon as he turned his back from his friend. He took out his phone and dialed some number. He waited until someone answered.
 
“He’s coming, noona.” Youngbae whispered.
 
He laughed as he heard the other person on the other line screamed.
 
“Do you think it will be okay?” Youngbae asked unsurely.
 
“I think they will be okay.” Youngbae heard from the other line which made him smile.
 
He kept his phone and then shook his head as he remembered his dense friends.
 
“How can I have two dense friends? I’m really tired babysitting them.” Youngbae thought as he walked away.