THIRTEEN: BABY STEPS

Wavering Hearts

“Hyuuuuuuung!”


It was Seungri’s voice that has greeted Jiyong as soon as he entered the YG building. He already knew it was his voice since he was already used to it. The maknae’s voice was annoying and somehow always getting onto his nerves. He saw Seungri smiling mischievously at him but his eyes were certainly avoiding his gaze.


“Hyuuuung— What are you doing here?” Seungri asked nervously as the maknae avoided looking at his eyes.


“Suspicious…” Jiyong thought as he eyed how fidgety the maknae was today. It was as if he was hiding something from him. This is one of the few reasons why he loves the maknae because he just cannot lie.


“Hyung, I thought you told me that you would be not coming in today…” Seungri commented as he slowly nudged Jiyong towards the lobby as if he doesn’t want the leader to come inside the building.


“Ah, I changed my mind. I cannot stay at the dorms today.” Jiyong answered since there are lots of Dara memories on his dorm and he cannot manage it.


“Why hyung? Do you miss me? Awww… You could have called me if you are lonely because of me, hyung.” Seungri commented as he shook his head sincerely earning a raised eyebrow from Jiyong.


Jiyong laughed a bit and pinched Seungri’s right ear making the younger guy squeal for help. The younger guy’s ear has turned red and was trying to free his self. He smile—a genuine smile— and he was thankful for the maknae for it. Sometimes Seungri’s way can cheer anyone up without any extra efforts.


“Yes, Seungri-ah! I miss you sooo much that I can die now…” Jiyong said sweetly as he continued to pinch Seungri’s ears harder.


“Aigoo, Jiyong-hyung! I prefer for you not to miss me so much because I don’t have any more ears to spare for you…” Seungri exclaimed making Jiyong and a handful of people who heard them.


Jiyong was feeling a bit happier and it was all thanks to the maknae. He should reward the maknae on their comeback and add him some parts on one of their songs. He was now laughing wholeheartedly when he saw some familiar figures coming out of the cafeteria. His heart stopped when he realized who were the people stepping out and slowly making their way towards them.


Jiyong felt like his heart broke again—as if his heart wasn’t broken earlier. The one thing he was afraid of was to see her smiling with another guy that wasn’t him. It hurts him not because she was being happy again but seeing she can be happy without him and it freaking hurts.


“Hyung…” Seungri whispered to him as he saw him looking at him and looking at the girl with another guy. “… I’m sorry.”


“For what?” Jiyong asked gritting his teeth. He shouldn’t be mad. He doesn’t have any right to get mad. He had brought it upon himself. He hurt her to the point that made her give him up. He shouldn’t be angry but he is. He is angry and he knew why but he cannot do anything about.


“About what you saw… I should have not let you see that kind of scenario…” Seungri babbled.


“What?” Jiyong asked checking if he had misheard it.


“I should not let you see those kinds of scenarios…” Seungri repeated.


“What?” Jiyong asked again as if he didn’t comprehend what Seungri was saying.


“I said I shouldn’t let you see that kind of scenarios…” Seungri repeated with a hint of annoyance.


“So you’re planning to hide it from me?” Jiyong scoffed.


“Not really, hyung. But I don’t think seeing noona going out like that with another guy is something that would hurt you… And I don’t want you to hurt anymore, hyung.” Seungri responded while looking down.


“I can manage.” Jiyong said and let out a heavy sigh. He should not take his anger out on the maknae. He knew that the maknae has good intentions and he should be thankful for it. He messed up Seungri’s hair and then smiled weakly, “… It’s a little bit early for you to worry about me.”


“But hyung—“ Seungri muttered but was stopped from continuing by just one look from Jiyong. It was something he had never seen from his hyung. It was like a fire was burning in the leader’s eyes.


“Seriously, you don’t need to worry about me. She… and I— we talked about it and sort those kinds of things…” Jiyong almost choked on his words and was avoiding Seungri’s questioning gazes.


“Noona talked to you? You talked with her? You settled the things in between you?” Seungri asked excitingly with a glint of hope in his eyes.


Jiyong nodded.


“So you’re together again?” Seungri asked as he grabbed Jiyong’s arms.


Jiyong slightly pushed Seungri’s arms and looked down as he let out a weak smile. He then took a glance at the direction where she has disappeared into and whispered, “… no, we broke up.”


“WHAAAT?” Seungri screamed making the other people at the lounge stole a glance at them.


“She broke up with me… and it was final.” JIyong said as if trying hard to spit out the words from his mouth.


“You could have begged noona to stay… I’m sure she would yield because she loves you so much…” Seungri suggested but his heart broke when he saw the bitter smile on the leader’s face. He then asked, “You did but she didn’t yield…”


Jiyong nodded and his fist clenched tightly at the thought of it. The thought of he had let go the only person that can stay with him not because he was G-dragon but because he was him.


“Hyung…” Seungri can only mutter his name and doesn’t know how to comfort him. Honestly, it was all his hyung’s fault why it led to these events but he just looks so broken.


“Ah, no need to comfort me, Rat.” Jiyong exclaimed with a fake smile.


“But hyung… you are hurting.” Seungri commented.


“She is hurting as well.” Jiyong stated.


“Why can’t you be together again if both of you are hurting? I don’t understand it all.” Seungri asked confusingly.


“You don’t need to understand it.” JIyong said as he patted Seungri’s shoulder before leaving the younger guy. He thought, “We just separated but it doesn’t mean we’re finished. We just need space to breathe and think of things.”


-oOo-


Dara was so surprised when she woke up and walked out of her room just to hear some familiar voices in the living room. After pulling up her hair in a bun, she walked in the living room and saw Jun and Kazunari laughing with the girls. She frowned at the sight and Jun immediately stood up to greet her as soon as he noticed her presence.


“Kawaii-chan! I miss you so much!” Jun exclaimed as soon as he reached her then pulled her closer towards him and wrapped her in his warm hug.


“J-Jun-chan?” Dara said her guest name unsurely.


“Aigoo… You have forgotten me immediately? I’m hurt.” Jun exclaimed with the exaggerated action.


“No, it’s nothing like that.” Dara attempted to explain that made Jun and Kazunari laughed.


“He was just kidding you.” Kazunari stated that made the younger girl relieve.


“Oh, you two were speaking Korean?” Dara asked as soon as she realized how can they converse a bit fluently than before.


Jun and Kazunari nodded arrogantly that made the girls laughed. The two boys were so cute with their confidence and all.


“They learned it and they were still learning Korean.” Chaerin informed the older girl who looks so disoriented.


“Ahhhh! You two are geniuses and being able to learn the language for a short time!” Dara exclaimed with full of admiration.


“Ah, what can you not to do for love…” Bom teasingly blurted out making Jun flustered a bit.


Dara who is dense as always didn’t manage to pick up what Bom was trying to say and happily hugged Jun.


“Oh! Jun-chan is in love with a Korean girl? Who is it? Who is it? Do I know her?” Dara asked the others making Kazunari and Jun almost dropped their jaws.


“Are you seriously asking that one, Little Dara?” Kazunari asked disbelievingly.


“Uh, what’s wrong with my question? I seriously don’t know. Jun-chan wasn’t telling me anything at all.” Dara commented with a shrug of shoulders.


“Sheesh! Man, you have lots of work to do!” Kazunari exclaimed pertaining to Jun who seems to be in awe as well.


“Eh?” Dara asked as she looked hopefully into the girls as if asking to help her figure it out.


“Kawaii-chan doesn’t need to understand these things yet…” Jun said meaningfully as he pulled her towards the boxes on the table. “… I have gifts for you!”


Dara looked confusingly at the others and then followed Jun towards the table. She saw a lot of gifts on the table and she tapped Jun’s shoulder then asked, “Are all of these for me?”


“Yeah… I bought it when we went on a tour and I just thought of you when I saw those things… I just cannot resist in not buying them…” Jun answered sheepishly.


“You shouldn’t spend too much money on me…” Dara muttered in her little voice.


“You are worth on every single yen I spent on those gifts…” Jun said seriously while looking at Dara’s eyes making the younger girl nod.


“Alright… How I wish I can give something to you in return.” Dara said as she felt guilty receiving those gifts.


“Hmm… I can ask for anything I want?” Jun asked with a smirk.


Dara gulped then reluctantly nodded.


“I… I…” Jun said teasing the older girl since he can see that she was anticipating for his answer.


“Anything that I can do!” Dara inserted immediately before Jun finished his answer.


“Ahhhh, I want your body.” Jun stated making everyone eyes widen.


“WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!” Bom, Chaerin, Kazunari and Dara asked all at the same time earning a few laughs from the Jun.


“I… I can’t do that… You need to think of something else… Jun-chan…” Dara answered in a stutter while her cheeks were flustered.


“Yah, Jun! I thought better of you… Why are you so upfront like that? You should take it slowly.” Kazunari added.


“NO! You cannot have Ssantoki!!! Dara-yah, come over here. I’ll protect you from this guy.” Bom exclaimed feeling over protective of the dense girl.


“I thought better of you Matsumoto-san!” Chaerin exclaimed in Japanese.


“Sheesh. People, stop overreacting!” Jun exclaimed laughingly.


“What? Overreacting?” Bom exclaimed as she tries to control herself from slapping this guy.


“I didn’t mean it like that when I said I want Kawaii-chan’s body!” Jun defended himself.


“Eh?” Dara asked.


“I just wanted to go out on a date with her!” Jun said as he was embarrassed with what he just said.


-oOo-


“Are you sure on what you’re doing?” Eunjoo asked her lover who was now frowning as he looked at the girls and two Japanese guys leaving the building.


“Maybe, I don’t know.” YG stated in a confused tone.


“What are you up to making it hard for the two of them?” Eunjoo asked as she occupied the chair opposite of YG. She has seen the two kids


“I know but those two kids needed time and space away from each other.” YG stated that puzzled Eunjoo. He sighed and then continued, “This would be good for them.”


“But Jiyong, the boy whom you thought of as your son is suffering!” Eunjoo exclaimed as she caress her tummy that carries another life within her.


“As if I didn’t know that!” YG yelled surprising the pregnant Eunjoo.


“Then why are you doing this?” Eunjoo yelled back with a pained look on her face. Jiyong was like her son and a little brother to her. Seeing him depressed and all crumped up in a corner really hurts her.


“What do you want me to do? Caged her because of him? For goodness sake, you should think about her as well!” YG yelled back.


Eunjoo buried her head on her hands and sobbed. She felt horrible since all she can think of was Jiyong’s side and guilty because she thought less of Dara’s feeling.


“Hey, why are you crying?” YG asked as he went to his beloved’s side and caress her back to comfort her. He kissed her forehead and whispered, “Why are you crying?”


“I feel a bit guilty that I kinda forgot how Dara has suffered… What kind of unnie am I? I’m so horrible, Sookie…” Eunjoo said in between tears.


“Ah, my pretty wife, you should not be like this. Dara would understand and she would never think less of you… Come on, our little baby in there would be crying inside your body as well.” YG said while if they really love each other. These heartbreaks they have are just like baby steps into working out their relationship in the future.” YG whispered into her ears. “They are just starting and everything would work just fine…”


“I know… Just like us…” Eunjoo muttered as she looked up and pulled YG into a hug.