TWENTY TWO: BABY GOOD NIGHT

Wavering Hearts

 

Jiyong pulled his hair a bit too hard as he remembered the trouble that their maknae brought in for him. He seriously got a major–terrible—headache when he partly heard Seungri’s babbles. He can feel the mood change of the Dara when she heard about their closeness to the Vivi models. Although he knew that he shouldn’t feel guilty about it nor should he feel explaining his side, he just cannot bear to be silent. And she was being silent.
 
He was trying to get a hold of her ever since that incident but she wittingly evaded it. He wanted to ask if she was a bit jealous, a tiny bit, but he never got the chance to ask her. He was sending her messages through his mobile but no replies yet. He tried calling her phone to see if he can at least talk to her and asked her how she but no one answers the call. He even tried to talk to her after the concert but she left with those Japanese guys along with the girls.
 
If not for the other Big Bang members, Seungri’s body must have been dumped somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. He loves the maknae but sometimes dealing with Seungri means death for him.
 
He tried to dial the number again but it just kept on ringing. His fist formed into a ball and slammed his hands on the wall to release his frustration.
 
Unknown to Jiyong, Seungri was behind him and has been observing on his mood. Cold shivers were sent to his spine when he sees dark clouds hovering the leader. With trembling hands, he reached out for his phone and dialed the number of his savior.
 
“Noona… please answer my call, noona…” Seungri prayed for and crossed his fingers as he heard the line ringing. “Come on…”
 
On the other side of the room, the other Big Bang members were watching the maknae with amusement filled eyes. They have never seen the maknae look so panicky. Well, they did see it before but that was years ago. It would be the first time in a long time to see that funny, panicked look of the maknae.
 
“Daesung-ah…” Youngbae called the other maknae who was busy giggling at the site of Seungri.
 
“Yes, hyung?” Daesung answered and looked at Youngbae who was seated near Seunghyun.
 
“Take a photo…” Seunghyun ordered and pointed out Seungri’s direction.
 
“Seriously?” Daesung asked with a mischievous smile plastered on his face and took out his phone.
 
Youngbae nodded. Seunghyun raised his eyebors up and down to tell them he agreed on the idea. It would be a great photo to make fun of the maknae at the latter time. Because sometimes Seungri just tend to go over the board for their liking.
 
Daesung let out a chuckle before positioning himself to take a good stolen photo of the panic stricken face of the maknae. He took about five to ten shots of different embarrassing photos of the maknae.
 
“Send it to me…” Youngbae said and took out his phone.
 
“Me as well.” Seunghyun added.
 
“Sure, sure. Here it goes… Sending…” Daesung stated giddily. “Sent!”
 
“I’m sure this would be a good photo to laugh at later on!” Seunghyun said which earned a round of laughter from the other guys.
 
“Right…” Youngbae and Daesung agreed.
 
-oOo-
 
“Dara-unnie…” Chaerin called the older girl who was staring at the blank space.
 
“Hmmm…?” Dara mumbled who was looking at her blinking phone on top of the table.
 
“Dara-unnie…” Chaerin called again for the attention of Dara.
 
“Yes…?” Dara asked as she sighed and stared at the blinking, ringing phone.
 
“Aren’t you going to answer the phone?” Chaerin asked.
 
“Let it ring… I like hearing the phone ringing…” Dara answered randomly which earned a smile from the leader.
 
“Unnie… I would understand if you have a song as a ringing tone… but that’s a standard ringing tone! It just goes ring, ring, ring!” Chaerin exclaimed as she grabbed the phone on the table and forced it into Dara’s hands.
 
“CL-roo!” Dara yelled as she tried to return the phone on top of the table if not for the quick reflex of Chaerin.
 
“Unnie!” Chaerin yelled.
 
“I’m amused on how the lights on my phone were in tuned with the ringing…” Dara stated that made the leader laughed.
 
“Aigoo, unnnie… It won’t work on me…” Chaerin said as she sit behind Dara.
 
“Whatever you are thinking, it’s not true…” Dara said and plastered a smile on her face.
 
“Hmmm… Okay, if you say so…” Chaerin said and looked at the phone that keeps on ringing.
 
Dara stayed silent afterwards. She placed the phone on the middle of the table and her eyes focused on it. She changed her position into which her feet were on the couch and she embraced her knees as she stared at the phone again. It continued for a few more minutes until the ringing stopped. Chaerin saw Dara’s eyes widen at the time the ringing stopped. A knowing smile was plastered on her face.
 
“Were you jealous?” Chaerin asked out of the blue as she looked intently at the older girl who seems to have been caught stealing some cookies in a jar.
 
“J-j-jealous? Of what?” Dara asked and bit her lip.
 
“Of those models? Of what the rat ranted about..?” Chaerin asked as she observed the expressions of the older girl. “Are you that affected, unnie?”
 
“Why should I? It’s not like I have any right to be jealous or affected right? Who cares if Jiyong would have a thousand models dancing on his feet? He can flirt for all I care!” Dara ranted with a flushed face. She gulped as she imagined the things that she said and she almost wanted to puke because of it.
 
“Oh, really?” Chaerin asked mockingly and a knowing smile formed on her face.
 
“Really.” Dara hissed.
 
“Then why are you pouting like a seven year old kid who got her favorite toy stolen from her?” Chaerin teased at the pouting older girl.
 
“Because Jiyong told me I’m cute when I’m pouting…” Dara blurted out suddenly.
 
“And why would you care in what oppa tells you? Didn’t you say you don’t care about him or his harem of girls?” Chaerin asked and let out a few laughs which annoyed the older girl.
 
“I didn’t say that I don’t care about what he says… What I’m saying is… Wait a second, why am I ranting and babbling stuffs? Sheesh. I better shut my mouth up.” Dara declared and scoffed at Chaerin.
 
“Whatever, unnie. Welcome to the world of denial.” Chaerin cheered before leaving the older girl thinking. “Be sure to clear your head before meeting up with oppa.”
 
“You are so hateful! Bring me back my cute little CL-roo!” Dara grunted.
 
“And I know you love me! Even in my hateful self!” Chaerin shouted back before closing the door to her room.
 
“That kid….” Dara muttered to herself as she looked at the phone that stopped ringing. “It’s not like I have the right to be jealous…”
 
-oOo-
 
It took them a couple more of weeks to finish their promotions in Japan and were allowed to go back in Korea. All the members were supposed to go back at the same time but Jiyong wants to go back to Seoul immediately. He needed to talk to his girl and explained himself. She just started trusting him again in the guise of their so-called beautiful friendship. He asked the other girls and thankfully, they were slowly opening up with him again. It was really helpful.
 
He packed some things and ordered the maknae the duty in bringing home his other things. He just needed to go back quickly. He smiled as he remembered Seungri’s reaction when he told him what to do. Seungri’s face was ecstatic.
 
Right now, he was sitting in a first class seat in a flight back to Korea. Seunghyun has volunteered to go back with him but he declined politely. He told the older guy that he wants to settle it for himself. He received an encouraging message from Youngbae, a good luck message from Daesung, an inspirational message from Seunghyun and a bothersome supportive message from Seungri.
 
“You can do this, Kwon Jiyong.” Jiyong told himself as he looked at the red love knot bracelet on his hands.
 
He smiled as he remembered seeing her wearing the bracelet that he gave her. Although it was worn by the name of their friendship, it doesn’t matter. What’s important was he was wearing his gift and no one else.
 
He called the 2NE1’s maknae earlier and asked if Dara has some appointments. MInzy reluctantly told him that they were just recording songs for their first album which means they are just in the YG building. And he knows exactly where he can find her.
 
The rooftop.
 
“Dara-yah… Just wait for me…”
 
-oOo-
 
They were recording some songs for the album and Teddy-oppa just gave them some time off. Dara decided to chill out and went up to her personal haven and sanctuary in the building, the rooftop. She needed to think some things through. She needed to know what to do with the growing feelings she’s having again for the Big Bang’s leader. She needed to think about these things or they would be bothering her while they were recording.
 
After all, Kush has talked to her without the girls. She remembered his words.
 
“You should clear your mind off some things, Dara-yah. So that you would be able to give a hundred and one percent for the album…” Kush said out of concern.
 
She sighed.
 
As she opened the doorsto the rooftop, she saw a figure of a back that she is so familiar with.
 
“This cannot be possible… He should be back later this week… with the boys…” Dara whispered as she walked towards the figure.
 
“How can this be?” Dara muttered to herself.
 
“How can this be what?”
 
“Jiyong-ah!” Dara exclaimed as soon as the guy slowly turned to face her.
 
A smile slowly curves on his face that make him look like a little kid she always known. She can see lines forming on his forehead as she continued to watch him. She can see how his mouth twitch as if wanting to tell her something but was too afraid to disrupt the solemnity of their time together.
 
“JIyong-ah… What are you doing here?” Dara asked, breaking the silence between the two of them.
 
“Because I’m also a YG talent?” Jiyong answered philosophically.
 
“I didn’t mean it that way.” Dara commented and raised her eyebrow.
 
“You don’t like me being here?” Jiyong asked with a pained look on his face.
 
“Your words, not mine.” Dara stated.
 
“But you didn’t deny it either… So you don’t want me here…” Jiyong whispered into the thin air.
 
“I didn’t say that…” Dara retaliated.
 
“But that’s what you want to say, wasn’t it?” Jiyong asked with a sad smile on his face and an accusing look plastered.
 
“Look, Jiyong. Stop twisting my words.” Dara groaned.
 
“And then stop avoiding my questions and start answering me seriously!” Jiyong yelled.
 
“I am NOT avoiding you… And I’m always serious…” Dara yelled back. “I’m always serious when it’s about you…”
 
“Sorry for raising my voice.” Jiyong whispered as he took a seat and offered the older girl the empty seat opposite of him. “I’m just frustrated.”
 
“At me? Sorry.” Dara apologized.
 
“No, not at you.” Jiyong said and his nose twitched. “More of at us…”
 
“Ah…” Dara mumbled the words she can only say.
 
And then it becomes awkward. Silence filled their surroundings. It’s past seven in the evening and both of them were too scared to break the silence that formed between them. It was like they have a lot of things to say to each other but they were too afraid that they might hurt each other.
 
For them, they feared that a word might shatter the fragile relationship they currently have now.
 
“Do you still have the ring?” Jiyong asked without looking at the Dara.
 
“Ring? Yes.” Dara answered and pursed her lips.
 
“Do you still remember what I told you before I left Korea for Japan?” JIyong asked as he looked at her in the eyes.
 
Dara nodded and blushed at the intensity of Jiyong’s stares.
 
“I’m willing to wait for you… Just wear the ring… And I’ll know…” Jiyong said.
 
“I know…” Dara said which send relief on Jiyong’s behalf.
 
“Uhmm… Did you eat your dinner already?” Jiyong asked and stood up since he cannot bear another awkward moment with her.
 
Dara shook her head and her face reddens again.
 
“I’ll just go get dinner from the cafeteria… Wait for me here, okay?” Jiyong said and let out a weak smile.
 
Dara nodded and smiled back.
 
“I’ll be quick…” Jiyong said and rushed to get the food.
 
-oOo-
 
Jiyong was smiling to himself since he was able to be on the good side of the older girl again. He was happy and relieve that even if he didn’t explain himself to him, she understood. It was like there was no need for the words to be said and as if they understood what each other wanted to say with just one look and one smile.
 
He bought her favorite foods and went back immediately. He opened the door of the rooftop.
 
“Here’s the food, now” Jiyong said and looked around for her just to see her sleeping tightly.
 
Dara was leaning on the table with her hands crossed on top of it. Her head was buried halfway in her hands and the night breeze was slowly swaying her hair swiftly. Her lips were pouting and her nose twitch a bit, probably because of the smell of her favorite food but she did not wake up.
 
He put the food on the table and smiled. He loved looking at her calm face. His hands brush the hair that has fallen on her cheeks and caressed her face, feeling the warmth of her.
 
“Who would have thought that you are a twenty six year old woman? When you look so much like a teenager…” Jiyong whispered in her ears as he continued to caress her cheeks.
 
“Hmm…” Dara mumbled on her sleep.
 
“Your face is like a child… Beautiful and pure…” Jiyong continued.
 
“You’re a woman filled with charms… You might asked me why… It’s because you charmed the great Kwon leader. You always have the power over me…” Jiyong confessed and smiled timidly.
 
“I don’t know if you can hear me, baby girl…” Jiyong whispered. “I love you… I really do…”
 
“Hmmm… Me too…” Dara mumbled in her sleep as if answering Jiyong.
 
Jiyong smiled as he heard it. This girl can really make him feel giddy in one second and frustrated on the next second. He watched if the girl was just pretending to sleep but she was really asleep. It makes him burst out laughing a bit.
 
“I bet you’re having sweet dreams…” Jiyong said and pinch lightly the tip of her nose.
 
Dara’s nose twitch in annoyance but she remained asleep.
 
“Baby, good night…” Jiyong uttered sweetly and planted a light kiss on her face before giving in to the temptations of the night—sleep.