TWENTY ONE: MIXED EMOTIONS (PART II)

Wavering Hearts

 

Sandara was hurt when she saw Jiyong hide behind Seungri when she entered the room earlier. She knew that she shouldn’t feel that way since everything has already been over between them. She often says to herself that everything fine and it would be back to normal after sometime. But whatever she tells to herself, it wouldn’t matter. Her heart would always tighten whenever he was around. Her brain would often send different kind of thoughts whenever she sees him around the other girls. Thoughts that she shouldn’t even have; thoughts that are just lingering in her mind.
 
“Ssantoki?” Bom asked her friend who seems to be dazed and lost. “Are you alright?”
 
Dara nodded and smiled weakly at her friend in response. She was hoping that her friend would get the message that she doesn’t want to explain nor elaborate on things.
 
“I’m fine…” Dara weakly said as she avoided looking at her friend’s eyes. She closed her eyes before drawing out another sigh. She glanced at her friend from the corner of her eyes to see her expression. She can see the worried look plastered on Bom’s face which made her sigh again for the nth time this day. She smiled once again and hoping that this time it would lessen the worry on the older girl. “Seriously, Bommie, I’m fine.”
 
“I’m not saying anything.” Bom reacted. “…yet.”
 
“Please don’t…” Dara pleaded. She was hoping that Bom won’t insist any further since she was just too tired from explaining to everyone that she is okay. And that everything is fine. She keeps on making the people around her worried over her and she doesn’t like it a bit. She was exhausted—physically, mentally and emotionally—from all these things.
 
Bom shook her head gently and a timid smile curved on her lips. Judging from the look of her friend, she shouldn’t insist in interrogating her. Her friend looks exhausted from everything and she was definitely worried. She patted Dara’s shoulder as if informing the younger girl that she’s not alone. And that if she needed someone, she will always be there for her no matter what happens.
 
“Thanks.” Dara muttered when she didn’t hear any questions from her. “I’ll be going…”
 
Bom nodded as she watched the fragile girl walked away from her to do her hair and make-up. She doesn’t know what to say anymore since she felt that all the comforting words won’t have any effect on her friend. For she knew, everyone might have said every comforting words she can hear in her lifetime.
 
“Dara-unnie… Is she alright?” Minzy asked from behind which almost surprised Bom.
 
“Maybe?” Bom answered unsurely. “She said so.”
 
“I’m worried about her unnie…” Minzy whispered to Bom as she cautiously observe the other girl who was once again lost in her own world. “Look at her, unnie, she just suddenly goes to her own world as soon as she’s alone… That’s not normal, right?”
 
“You’re right…” Bom agreed and heave another sigh. “But we can simply watch her for now… We can do anything right now but be her pillar whenever she needed us…”
 
“How I wish I can share at least a fraction of her pain…” Minzy thoughtfully said. “At least, I can lessen whatever pain she’s in right now.”
 
Bom smiled at Minzy’s words. She hugged the maknae tightly and messed her hair affectionately. Without noticing, the maknae has been maturing quickly than expected.
 
“That is so thoughtful of you, Minkki.” Bom said as she cuddled the younger girl.
 
“But all I can do is be thoughtful… and it’s not even helping her.” Minzy sadly stated.
 
“And that is more than enough.” Bom comforted the gloomy maknae. “It’s enough.”
 
“How I wish I can do more than that…” Minzy wished.
 
“I wish for that as well.” Bom said.
 
-oOo-
 
Jun and Kazunari were seated in the left side corner of the stadium and they were wearing hoodies to hide their faces from the fans. They don’t want to create any commotions at the concert nor any write ups from the Japanese press. It’s not because they were concerned about the so-called Big Bang but because of the girls.
 
The two of them heard that the girls will be debuting in Japan soon and they don’t want to ruin it because of some rumors or badly written articles by the Japanese press. They knew how nasty and dirty the Japanese media can be.
 
“So… are you really gonna stop pursuing her?” Kazunari asked out of the blue without looking at Jun. His eyes wandered the extravagant stage in front of them.
 
“You mean, Kawaii-chan?” Jun asked which earned a nod from Kazunari. “I guess so.”
 
“Why?” Kazunari asked again and faced the confused guy beside him.
 
“Because it’s the right thing to do?” Jun answered reluctantly that made his answer sounds more of like a question.
 
“A right thing to do, neh?” Kazunari repeated Jun’s words as if mocking his friend.
 
“What’s wrong with doing what you think is right?” Jun defended himself too quickly that earned a disgusted look from his friend. “What?”
 
“I never thought of you as a quitter.” Kazunari said as he rolled his eyes and decided to concentrate in admiring the beautiful stage production. “If you really want to, you could have tried to fight for her, you know.”
 
“I know.” Jun replied which surprised the older guy.
 
“Then, why?” Kazunari asked.
 
“Didn’t we have this conversation before?” Jun asked confusingly.
 
“Yes, we did.” Kazunari said and shrugged his shoulders as if he doesn’t care. “But I’m asking again, if it wasn’t too obvious.”
 
“I just don’t want to ruin our friendship.” Jun answered.
 
“Boring.” Kazunari mocked the younger guy which annoyed Jun the most.
 
“I just don’t want to force my feelings on to her…” Jun whispered in a soft voice that can be barely heard.
 
“And you’re afraid of the rejection.” Kazunari said nonchalantly.
 
“I guess, you’re right.” Jun said and let out a chuckle.
 
-oOo-
 
Jiyong were peeping backstage for the special Japanese guest that the girls brought. Seunghyun has volunteered in accompanying him in spying the Japanese guys that the girls brought in. For what reason, he doesn’t know yet. His brows furrowed when he saw the two guys laughing happily which annoyed him in no end.
 
“Why is that guy laughing so hard? Is he mocking me?” Jiyong thought aloud.
 
“Right, right.” Seunghyun agreed unknowingly at the leader’s statements. He was seriously pissed at the other guy, the one named Kazunachi, Kazu-something.
 
“What are they doing here anyway?” Jiyong asked again. His fist was clenched tightly as he was getting annoyed at the two guys as seconds passed by.
 
“Didn’t they know that they are not invited here?” Seunghyun grudgingly said. “Who invited them anyway?”
 
“I did.” A high pitched voice answered that surprised the two guys making them almost fell on their faces.
 
“Noona!” Jiyong and Seunghyun exclaimed at the same time.
 
“Is there anything wrong in inviting them here?” Bom asked with one eyebrow raised while her hands were on her waist as she waits for their answer.
 
Seunghyun looked at Jiyong with wide eyes as if Jiyong was the answer to his problems. Jiyong looked at Seunghyun as if he was pleading to the older guy to answer the older girl. Bom snorted at the two and tapped her feet as if telling them she was getting impatient.
 
“Are you going to answer me or not?” Bom asked again.
 
“No… none…” Seunghyun stuttered.
 
“Nothing wrong at all.” Jiyong agreed.
 
“Good answer, boys.” Bom said with a smile and left the two boys shaking in fear while she walked to the two Japanese guys.
 
“Those two should be thankful that they have Bom-noona’s side.” Jiyong scoffed.
 
“Or they would have been found dead in some river. Floating around.” Seunghyun added as he rolled his eyes.
 
Jiyong nodded and realized the snappy comments of the older guy towards the Japanese guys. He has every right to bash the two around especially the flower boy since he was stealing the attention of Dara but why is the older guy getting annoyed as well?
 
“Why are you getting pissed at them, hyung?” Jiyong asked as he faced the colorless face of Seunghyun.
 
Seunghyun bit his lip and felt that his face has suddenly turned pale when he heard Jiyong’s question. He bonked his head lightly to remind him about his carelessness.
 
“Hyung…” Jiyong insisted since he wasn’t hearing any responses from the older guy. He has his suspicions already but it would be better to hear it from the guy himself.
 
“I was just being angry for you… He he He…” Seunghyun said as a poor attempt of an excuse.
 
“Really?” Jiyong suspiciously asked.
 
Seunghyun’s eyes closed and open while nodding then smiled.
 
“Really…” Seunghyun repeated.
 
“If you say so, hyung… If you say so…” Jiyong said mockingly and not believing the lies that the older guy told him.
 
-oOo-
 
“What do you think are they doing, hyung?” Seungri asked while pointing at the two older guys peeping from the backstage.
 
“No idea…” Daesung said as he shook his head. His eyes have completely disappeared and look like it was just a line. “Peeping? Peeking?”
 
“At who?” Youngbae asked.
 
“Do we have any special guests or something?” Daesung asked.
 
“Why are you asking me?” Seungri asked back. “I don’t know anything.”
 
“If we need answers or rumors, you usually knew it better than us…” Youngbae answered the maknae which resulted into laughter.
 
“Do we have like the Vivi girls as guest then?” Seungri asked excitingly. “Did we invite them?”
 
Youngbae shrugged his shoulders. Daesung shook his head.
 
“I should have sent an invitation!” Seungri said in dismay.
 
“Invitation to whom?” A low pitched voice asked.
 
“To the Vivi models!” Seungri answered with his eyes gleaming from excitement.
 
Youngbae and Daesung tried to warn Seungri from spilling more beans upon looking who asked the question. Their eyes were as wide as they can be and they tried hard to make it look like it was a glare but Seungri was insensitive to their warnings.
 
“Ah, really…”
 
“Yes! I mean, we were close and all.” Seungri continued making the other guys exasperated.
 
“Thank goodness, you didn’t or else.”
 
Seungri froze when he realized that he wasn’t talking to his hyungs and saw Minzy and Dara looking a bit disappointed.
 
“Noona, noona!” Seungri said in a fright.
 
“Don’t you noona me, kid.” Dara said coldly.
 
“But noona, we didn’t invite them and we don’t have any connection with them at all.” Seungri said as he tried to gain the favor of his favorite noona. “We’re not communicating at all.”
 
“Really, noona.” Seungri answered as his minds prayed to the heaven above to help him.
 
“It doesn’t matter anyway.” Dara concluded and looked at the Big Bang’s leader who was ignorant into the trouble that the maknae brought in for him. “It doesn’t matter.”
 
“Noona….” Seungri whimpered as thoughts of killing himself popped into his mind after realizing what the leader would do to him if he knew about this. “I still want to live, noona…”
 
“LEE SEUNGHYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNN! YOU ARE SO DEAD!” Jiyong’s voice reverberated all throughout the room as the maknae tried his best in hiding until the opening of their show.