TWENTY: MIXED EMOTIONS (PART I)

Wavering Hearts

 

Jiyong was torn whether he’s happy or not the girls were here in Japan now. Half of him was happy since he would be able to see her but half of him wasn’t, for obvious reasons. He would have been happier if this wasn’t Japan or rather that person wasn’t in Japan but he was. After all, he was Japanese.
 
He even knew that the girls have contacted that person to tour them around after the concert. He brushed his hands on his hair and pulled it—quite frustratingly. And he cannot do anything. He cannot even off to tour them around since he knew that they would be followed by fans. Worst, they would be stalked by paparazzi. To his knowledge, Japan’s gossip corner is worse than Korea.
 
He cannot risk it. Not when he knew how it would destroy her, her dreams and everything she had worked for. He simply cannot. He already hurt her many times and being a catalyst in ruining her future would be a big NO-NO to him. Instead, he wallow the pangs of jealousy alone—which is hard, harder than he can think of.
“Hyung… hyung~” Jiyong’s train of thoughts were interrupted abruptly by the lovable-slash-annoying maknae of theirs. Sometimes he was wishing Seungri can behave for like one hour but it will never happen. Because if it did, Seungri will never be Seungri and the mere thought made him chuckle.
 
“Oh my freaking Gaho! Top-hyung, he is going crazy because of jealousy…” Seungri said with a horrified expression plastered on his face. He pointed at Jiyong who was grinning like a hyena which has proven a point that the leader has lose a screw or two. “He seriously needs counseling, hyung. Come on and help him out… Hyung…”
 
“Will you shut up for once, Rat?” Jiyong said in an annoyed tone. “…Your voice is too high pitch for my taste and I would rather listen to sirens than you.”
 
“You just didn’t say that, hyung!” Seungri responded with an exaggerated hurt expression.
 
Youngbae, Daesung and Seunghyun laughed at the antics of the two. They were glad and relieve that Seungri was there to distract the leader. And damn, he was definitely doing a good job. Youngbae sighed as he remembered on how his bestfriend’s mood darkened upon hearing that the girls left to tour around.
 
“Youngbae…” Jiyong called his chinky eyed friend. “You okay, man?”
 
Youngbae nodded and smiled.
 
“Are they back?” Jiyong asked out of the blue while he checked the stage for one of their performances.
 
“No, not yet… But I think they’re on their way back.” Youngbae answered cautiously.
 
“Did they message you?” Jiyong followed up and paused at whatever he’s doing to hear his friend’s answer. “Did they?”
 
Youngbae lightly shook his head. He heard Jiyong groaned in frustration. He knew what his friend was experiencing right now. He and the others were witnesses on how Jiyong pleaded with Sandara. It was a very pitiful sight but his friend doesn’t care.
 
“It must be frustrating for him…” Youngbae thought as he looked at the distracted leader.
 
Hours have passed by without them noticing it. The show would be starting a few minutes now and the girls weren’t back yet. Jiyong was frantic about the thought that the girls might be late or something dangerous happened to them. He wasn’t able to concentrate and focused on their dress rehearsal for this concert because of his worries.
 
“Noona, you’re back!” Jiyong’s thoughts were stopped by the high pitched voice of Seungri. However, this time around, it seems to be music to his ears.
 
“Seungri-oppa… It’s not like we’re gone that long.” Jiyong heard Minzy commented which made him choke a bit. He knew that she’s right. The girls were only gone for a few hours but his heart was feeling uncomfortable.
 
“So where is Dara-noona?” Seungri asked as he looked behind the three girls which sharpened the senses of Jiyong. “Didn’t she go back with you?”
 
“Oh, Dara-unnie is here already. She was just showing Jun-oppa and Kazu-oppa to their seats.” Minzy said and shrugged her shoulders.
 
“Ahhhh…” Seungri said as he slowly turned around to see the leader’s reactions. Lo and behold, he can imagine a black cloud hovering the leader’s body. “Oh, I see… Aren’t you gonna do your make up and stuff?”
 
“Yeah. I better go get Ssantoki then…” Bom said as she runs off to get the missing girl.
 
“Uhm, Minzy and I would go now to the dressing room. See you, Rat.” Chaerin exclaimed as she dragged the maknae away from the trouble. A trouble named Kwon Jiyong.
 
“Should I accompany you back?” Seungri offered—will do anything to be away from the enrage leader.
 
Chaerin smirked as she realized the plan of the guy. She waved her hand to decline the offer and bid him goodbye. Seungri’s jaw fell when he saw the arrogant smirk of the younger girl. He knew his plan failed.
 
“Are you going somewhere, Seungri-ah?” Daesung asked as soon as he entered the room and saw Seungri trying to sneak out.
 
“Uhm… I’m a bit hungry, hyung… So I think I’ll go and hunt for some food.” Seungri reasoned out.
 
“But didn’t we eat earlier?” Daesung questioned and not realizing the hints that the maknae was trying to send out.
 
“Are you trying to get away from me, Seungri?” Jiyong asked coldly that sent a thousand shivers to the maknae.
 
“Of course not, hyung. I would never do that to you.” Seungri said and let out an uneasy smile on his face.
 
“Good, good…” Jiyong said and let out a scary smile on his face. “And here I am, thinking that you would just leave me here…”
 
“Jiyong, you’re kind of scary…” Seunghyun finally said.
 
“Am I?” Jiyong muttered that silenced the other members. They don’t want to push the leader to the edge.
 
 
 
-oOo-
 
Dara has never thought that she will enjoy going around in Japan. It was her dilemma before. Out of the girls, it will be the maknaes who were fluent in speaking Japanese and the older girls were still studying it It was the girls who insist to contact Jun-chan to give us a tour. She wouldn’t had gave in if not for their constant persuasion. Bom has grabbed her phone and sent a message to the guy which resulted into this meeting.
 
“Kawaii-chan? Are you okay?” Jun asked as he looked worriedly at the dazed girl beside him.
 
“Nothing. I just wanted to thank you for touring as around.” Dara said and bowed in gratitude. “I mean, I know how busy you are because of your other engagements…”
 
“That was nothing. Jun has cancelled every appointments we have today and the—“ Kazunari started to blab and winced in pain when Jun elbowed him—a bit too hard that it was expected.
 
“What?” Dara said and her eyes widen upon hearing what the other guy did. She shook her head. “You shouldn’t have done… I mean, you can always decline our invitation.”
 
“NO!” Jun yelled that surprised the other two.
 
“You shouldn’t be too loud, Jun!” Kazunari scolded the younger guy.
 
“Sorry, Kazu-nii.” Jun apologized. He looked at Dara and smiled. “It nothing to worry about, Kawaii-chan. I asked them to give me some time off… and they agreed to it. No harm done.”
 
“Plus, we’re a bit famous here so we can act spoiled sometimes.” Kazunari added.
 
“Are you sure?” Dara asked worriedly.
 
“Yeah.” Kazunari and Jun answered.
 
“So whose concert are you gonna guest in?” Kazunari asked as his eyes wandered around and saw a lot of crown light sticks.
 
“Our seniors from the company, Big Bang.” Dara answered with a sense of pride on the way she answered it.
 
“Big Bang?” Jun asked as if trying to recall the name itself.
 
“Never heard of them… I’ll ask Sho later.” Kazunari said.
 
Dara was about to tell them about Big Bang when she heard Bom calling for her. She excused herself from the two and went back inside.
 
“Ssantoki!” Bom greeted the younger girl as soon as she saw her.
 
“Bomtori… Is it time now?” Dara asked.
 
“Yeah, the kids are already getting their make-up done… we should be going now.” Bom said as she led Dara towards the dressing room. “So… would the two be staying?”
 
“You mean Jun-chan and Kazunari-kun?” Dara asked.
 
Bom nodded.
 
“I guess so.” Dara said. “They were already in the reserved seats.”
 
“Ah, I guess, I expect a lot more of jealousy rage…” Bom joked.
 
“What do you mean?” Dara asked.
 
“Oh you’ll see… You’ll see…”
 
-oOo-
 
 
“Dara-noona! You’re back!” Seungri greeted his favorite noona, his savior.
 
“Yeah, I’ll talk to you later.” Dara said as she waved goodbye to the maknae.
 
“Was that her, Seungri?” Jiyong said as he went out of his hiding place. He doesn’t know why but his body instantly hid itself when he heard coming this way.
 
“Why did you hide, hyung?” Daesung asked confusingly.
 
“I thought you wanted to see Dara-noona?” Seunghyun asked.
 
“I do…” Jiyong answered.
 
“Then why did you hide?” Youngbae asked.
 
“I don’t know…” Jiyong said. “If I knew, I would have answered all your questions.”
 
“Ah… You must be feeling weary since noona is here…” Youngbae said.
 
“Maybe… Or maybe I just don’t want to look stupid in front of her.” Jiyong whispered.
 
“Meaning?” Youngbae asked.
 
“I don’t want to act an over jealous boyfriend when I’m not.” Jiyong sighed and went to the corner of the room to reflect on things. “I knew it… that I don’t have a right to be jealous…”
 
“But you can’t help it.” Seunghyun finished it for the leader. “It’s not really a bad thing to be jealous. Perhaps, what you’ll be doing… because you’re jealous…”
 
“Ah, right…” Jiyong agreed.
 
“So don’t hide from noona…” Youngbae said. “She might think you don’t like her around.