FIVE: THE CONSPIRACY THEORY

Wavering Hearts

 

It has been two weeks since the break-up and Dara was really trying hard to cheer herself up. First, it was her decision to end their relationship so she has no reason to continue on crying. Second, she doesn’t want to worry and be a burden to her friends and her family. Lastly, she knew that this was for the best. She believes that everything will be alright and all the open wounds will definitely heal.
 
The girls were taking care of Dara and giving her extra attention since they were worried. Bom would often bother her and bully her to occupy her mind. One time, she even snatched her phone when they were recording at Teddy’s studio and this is when the messages exchange with Jun-chan.
 
Dara was exchanging messages with ‘Jun-chan’ for the last two weeks to keep her mind off things. This is when she realized that it was better to tell a stranger on how you feel rather than tell your friends. She was keying in a response to Jun-chan when Bom suddenly stood up and snatches the phone away making her scream.
 
“Bomtorrri!!” Dara screamed as she runs off to snatch the phone back.
 
“Who are you message, Ssantoki?!” Bom asked as she eyed the girl and she saw her getting flustered that made her curious more than ever. She pointed at her then yelled, “You’re even blushing!! This must be a guy!! Woah! Ssantoki has a guy!”
 
Bom’s loud yells earned some attention from the other people in the recording room. Bom signaled Minzy to restrain the older girl─ which Minzy gladly obliged. She started browsing the messages on Dara’s phone.
 
“Kawaii-chan, have you eaten yet? I just hope that you didn’t miss any meals since you are soooo thin as far as I remembered! Don’t let Jun-chan worry about you…” Bom read the latest message that was on the message folder of Dara. She smiled mischievously and crossed her arms. “Kawaii is cute in Japanese, right?”
 
Chaerin and Minzy nodded.
 
“Is this guy Japanese? Why does he know Korean? Maybe someone’s playing a joke on you, Ssantoki? Bom asked suspiciously. She was happy that her friend was opening up her heart again but she doesn’t want her to get played on by someone else.
 
Dara smiled weakly and looked up before answering.
 
“I thought of that as well but I think someone was helping him in his Korean.” Dara said as she took a glance at 2NE1’s leader. “Right, CL-roo?”
 
Chaerin let out a nervous laugh and avoids the questioning gazes of the Park Sisters. Bom who felt so suspicious turned her attention towards the girl and tickled her while asking. “Yah! Are you the one sending the messages to your unnie? Hm… You know something that we don’t know?!”
 
“Aigoo! I’m not the one who sends the messages! Aisssh! Look at the number and the area code Is obviously from Japan! Aigooo!” Chaerin answered in between her laughter.
 
Minzy shook her head at her unnie’s playfulness. Teddy and Kush, although they don’t understand what’s happening, laugh alongside with the girls. The two guys only knew that Jiyong’s chances in taking back Dara is getting thinner and thinner since it seems that Chaerin and the girls were diverting Dara’s attention to another guy.
 
“Waaah! So you admitted that you were the one who gave out my number!” Dara shrieked when she realized it. She pointed at Chaerin and pretended to cry. “Waaaah! CL-roo was pushing me away! Tamtamie, CL-roo doesn’t love me anymore!”
 
They were having so much fun that they didn’t notice Jiyong entering the studio and hearing everything they were talking about. Jiyong faked a cough and raised his brow at the girls then threw a glare at Chaerin.
 
“What are you girls talking about?” Jiyong awkwardly asked.
 
Bom’s jaw dropped. Minzy froze on the spot. Chaerin shrugged her shoulder while Dara avoided his gaze. Teddy shook his head and Kush smiled weakly at Jiyong. This tends to happen every day whenever Jiyong would drop by at the recording studio and the girls were in it.
 
“Jiyong-ah, what are you doing here?” Teddy awkwardly asked as he eyed the reaction of the girls who were now mummed in the corner.
 
Jiyong let out a sigh and a weak smile curve formed in his lips. He took the seat beside Kush and closed his eyes then eyed Dara. “Can’t I come and visit you, hyung?”
 
“You can come later.” Chaerin mumbled.
 
Bom and Minzy nodded. Dara’s eyes were focused on the floor as she doesn’t want to meet with his gaze. She thought that she has already gotten over him. She thought that she has already mustered all the courage to face him again. She thought that she can at least be friends with him. She thought that she can mutter at least a word or two. But it’s all on her thoughts.
 
“Are you saying something?” Jiyong asked.
 
“Maybe.” Chaerin said as she shrug her shoulder.
 
Silence. Teddy and Kush never thought that they would experience a long silence inside the recording room. Teddy went back in mixing some music just to escape the awkwardness of Jiyong being there while Kush excused himself and pretended to sleep.
 
♫ You and I together, it just feels so right ♫
 
Dara felt relieve when she heard her phone rang and excused herself from the people so that she can answer the call. At least, she has a reason to not stay in the same room as him. She can really thank the caller for this.
 
Jiyong looked at the girl who just walked out of the room and sighed. He stared at Minzy who was trying her best not to stare back at him. He knew that he wasn’t welcomed anymore but he needed this. He needed to do this and maybe, he was hoping that he can win her back.
 
It has been almost thirty minutes and Dara wasn’t back yet that they thought she left already but they can hear faint chuckles outside.
 
“Who do you think she’s talking to?” Bom asked out of nowhere.
 
“Maybe it’s Jun-chan?” Minzy stated as her hands were clasped tightly.
 
“Jun-chan?” Jiyong, Teddy and Kush asked all at the same time.
 
“Yep! Jun-chan, as unnie calls him, is her new friend.” Minzy answered meekly.
 
“A guy?” Jiyong asked as he was surprised that she has a new friend and it’s a guy. He knew that he shouldn’t be jealous but he is. “How can she─” Jiyong continued but wasn’t able to finish his question since Bom interrupted him.
 
“How can she get a guy right away?”Bom sarcastically asked and rolls her eyes.
 
“It’s not like that, noona.” Jiyong said as he wanted to explain himself that he wasn’t thinking like that.
 
“You’re not the center of her world anymore, Jiyong. This is why she can now spread her wings and mingle with other guys.” Bom said as she avoided looking at Teddy’s direction since she can feel his warning stares. “Socializing is something she never did when she was with you.” Bom added as she decided to keep mum for now.
 
“Park Bom!” Teddy warningly said.
 
“Sorry, oppa. I just can’t sit here and not say something.” Bom said as she shrug her shoulders that made the older guys shook their heads as they watch Jiyong’s cower down and bows his head in despair.
 
-oOo-
 
Upon hearing Bom-noona’s words, Jiyong can only cower down and lower down his head. He must not hurt and he must accept whatever they say about him. He wanted to win her back and he knew that it’s not only her that he needed to ask for forgiveness but even to her friends.
 
Pain. He never thought he can feel this much pain as he overhears the girls talking about the mysterious Jun-chan and how this guy can bring laughter to her. Something he took away as they’re relationship progressed.
 
Breaking up? Is this the best thing that we can do for now? Can he really let her go when he knew that it was her all along? How stupid can he get! For a one night pleasure, he lost something that nothing can replace.
 
Earlier when he heard her phone rang, he was surprised when the ring tone was changed. Last time, he never notices these little things but now, he felt a pang of pain when he heard another ring tone. He thought she wouldn’t change the “Hello” song.
 
“Ji? You okay, man?” Kush asked.
 
Jiyong nodded and he excused himself. He thought he can take all of their insults but he cannot. He cannot take it since it feels like he was being stabbed over and over again. It just made him feel that he was the most stupid guy they had known.
 
Maybe he was.
 
He walked out of the door and decided to go to the rooftop so that he can clear his head when he heard someone giggling on the other end of the lobby. He knew that laugh. It was hers. He slowly walk towards that direction and saw her back.
 
“Are you going away from me?” Jiyong thought while looking at her back. He unconsciously wanted to reach for her. “Is this gonna be it always? Am I just gonna see your back from now?” Jiyong asked himself as he felt tears are started to form in his eyes again.
 
He was about to step away from her and leave her be but his feet won’t move at all. His feet were frozen on the ground. His heart tightens when he heard her call his name on her sweet voice. His fist clenched tightly when he heard her laugh. His mind went blank when he heard her reminding him not to miss a meal.
 
All those things she usually did with him. All those small things that he didn’t take notice before. All those simple sweet nothings she says that he took for granted.
 
All of these, he lost.
 
He lost all of these because of some booty call with some girls which the names can’t be remembered. If he can only take back the time, he would. Maybe, it would have never end like this.
 
“Is everything over?” Jiyong thought a little too loud that made the girl notice his presence.
 
“Is it really over?” Jiyong asked her as he saw her putting her phone down and smile weakly at her. “Is it over? For me? For us?” He added as he approached her and hug her from behind then buried his head on her back.
 
-oOo-
 
“Are you sure about this, Jun?” Kazunari asked as he nudged the guy whose eyes were wandering around.
 
Jun nodded and gave two thumbs up sign. He took out his phone and rings some number then invited the senior member in one of the café’s at the airport.
 
“No worries about this! Everything is going to be alright!” Jun exclaimed as he flashed his infamous Domyouji-smirk.
 
“Oh sheesh. Remind me not to listen to you and to follow Sho’s words. I should have known better!” Kazunari commented as he let Jun dragged him to the nearest coffee shop.
 
“You just can’t resist the youngest!” Jun grinned.
 
“Tell me again what we are doing here in Korea in full guises.” Kazunari stated with a hint of annoyance while sipping some coffee. “Seriously, this isn’t my style at all.”
 
“I know but Aiba doesn’t want to go and he’s too much of an eye candy.” Jun cutely answered as he slightly rose up to wave to some people. “If Aiba would be with me, he might steal the spotlight on me!”
 
“Ah right.” Kazunari exclaimed and his eyes widen when he realized what Jun really meant. “Are you saying that you’re better looking than me?!”
 
“Your words, not mine.” Jun smiled and winked as he nudged Kazunari to look at some direction. “Oh, it’s Kazuya’s friend!”
 
“I never thought the day would come for you to come here secretly.” The guy stated as he gave out a friendly nudged to the Japanese idols.
 
“Well, I never thought this would happen as well. Thanks for coming to pick us up in a short notice.” Jun said in gratitude. “Oh, and how silly of me, Kazu-nii, this is Ryusuke. He will be the one who will help us out,”
 
Ryusuke smiled mischievously as he sits down.
 
“So the elusive MatsuJun has finally been smitten?” Ryusuke asked which made Kazunari to laugh at the flustered face of the younger guy.
 
“Yes, finally!” Kazunari nodded with a smile.