TWELVE: TWO DIFFERENT TEARS

Wavering Hearts

Jiyong was already at their meeting place an hour earlier. He knows it’s stupid but he doesn’t care. He just can’t miss her. He was afraid that she would leave if he would be coming in late. He just wanted to see her and begged her to stay.


It was just ten thirty in the evening and they’re meeting would be about an hour and half later but he was already there. Sitting in their usual corner where they usually hang out whenever they wanted to chill out together and talk anything under the sun. It was also the place where he often hides whenever some issues comes up and wanted to be alone. Then it hit him, he was never alone in this place because Dara, she always tends to find him here.


“God, I must hella be crazy for not realizing it!” Jiyong muttered as he remembered every single memory he has with her.


Each memory he remembered of him and her were always the times he had been facing difficulty situations. She was there when Big Bang was first formed and his heart was in despair since Hyun Seung has to leave. She was there when Big Bang was struggling to make a name in the industry. His body all tired from the variety shows that they needed to attend. She was there when the president told him that “Lies” was to be used for the group promotions than for his solo. She was there when the first issue of plagiarism was launched at him. She was there when he felt that no one believed him. She was there when he was having a hard time forgetting bad stuffs.


She was always there ever since until now. She should have been there if he hasn’t pushed her to the side and treated like a trash. If he hadn’t done that, they wouldn’t be like this. Why didn’t he realize it that before?


He buried his head on his knees. He knows that boys should not cry but there is nothing else he can do. He has seen it coming ever since rumors were spreading in the industry. He has been too confident about her love that he abused it until she hurts.


“Why is the leader crying?”


It’s the voice that he has wanted to hear ever since he arrived in Korea. It’s the voice of the only woman he loves so much. He slowly looked up and saw her looking down on him with a very weak smile on her face. He wanted to hug her but she was given off airs that he can’t.


He moved a little bit to the left and motioned for her to sit down. Dara sat down and she felt her heart race the moment she felt her skin brushing a little bit to his skin.


“So why are you crying, Jiyong-sunabenim?” Dara asked making Jiyong bit his lip upon hearing how she addressed him.


“Why are you calling me like that?” Jiyong asked as his eyes stared what’s in front of him than looked at her.


“Ah, right. You hated being called as sunbaenim.” Dara said and let out a very weak laugh.


“It’s not that I hated it. It’s just that I don’t want you to call me with it.” Jiyong muttered earning a very sad smile from Dara.


Silence enveloped the two of them that they can hear the rustlings of the grass. They can hear the swift movement of the night breeze and how it played with the Han River. They can hear almost everything in their surroundings, almost everything except for their own voices.


“What happened with us?” Dara voiced out bravely as she stares down.


“I- I- I don’t know. “ Jiyong stuttered with his answer.


“Three years?” Dara thought aloud.


“Huh?” Jiyong asked.


“It has been three years since we’ve been together. Ah, when I think about it, we have indeed been together for so long…” Dara stated with a shaking voice.


“It was still so short.” Jiyong interrupted.


“No, it was too long and maybe that was the reason why we are being like this.” Dara contradicted as she raised her hand to stop Jiyong’s further argument.

 


“Maybe we have been together for so long that we keep on missing each other. Missing each other in a bad way not the good way. In a way that both of us are hurting.” Dara started.


“I’m not…” Jiyong said without thinking that made Dara nod and another sad smile formed in her lips.


“I know.” Dara stated.


“No, no… It’s nothing like that…” Jiyong tried to explain but was cut off.


“Listen, Jiyong-ah, it doesn’t matter if you had hurt or not. What’s important is that this is not working anymore. Three years must have been too long for you and it must have been suffocating you. You probably got tired of me and I bored you out. Simple as that. We don’t need to make excuses for ourselves.” Dara stated with convictrion and sadness in her eyes.


“I love you.” Jiyong muttered and hugged her.


“I know you did. I felt it and I was happy.” Dara said as she hugged him back.


“I love you… It’s not in the past because until now I do.” Jiyong whispered as he hugged her tighter.


“Are you trying to make yourself believe a lie, Jiyong? Come on, you need to be honest with your feelings. It’s not like I’m gonna hate you for it. Because If it’s what happened, I can do nothing about it.” Dara reasoned out as she enjoyed the last moments she can feel his arms wrapped around her.


“I am not lying.” Jiyong stated and then pulled away from her so that he can look into her eyes.


“I love you. I really love you until now...” Jiyong said in a pleading voice. He grabbed her hands and guide it into his cheeks. Just like a cat to its owner, he brushed his cheeks against her soft, little hands then looked at her, “Believe in me… I love you so much…”


Dara controlled herself not to cry in front of this guy. It was the guy who is well known to be the leader of one of the most successful groups in Korea. It was the guy who was called a genius by a lot of people. It was the guy who has lots of fan that wanted to be loved by him. It was the guy whose fame and success can make anyone green in jealousy.


It was the guy that broke her walls. It was the guy who made her fall in love again. It was the guy whom she was willing to give it all. It was the guy who made her feel so special. It was the guy who made her feel like a baby girl and a princess to top it off. It was the guy who made her trust in men again.


But, he was also the guy who broke her heart and made her cry until there are no more tears in her eyes.


“You believe me, right?” Jiyong asked making Dara snapped back to reality.


Dara nodded and gulped at the sight she was seeing. The great leader of BigBang was looking like a lost puppy that doesn’t want to be abandoned. Her heart crushed seeing him like this. She freed her hands from his hold and cupped his face. She wiped off the tears in his eyes and with her hands; she formed a smile on his lips.


“You aren’t made to cry, Jiyong. You look so much better with your goofy, arrogant smile. Come on.” Dara said as she tried to make the smile stays on his face.


“I am going to stop crying as long as you’re here with me…” Jiyong muttered as he held onto her hands again. He knows he was acting a baby but he doesn’t care. He’ll do anything to make her stay.


Dara bit her lips to stop the tears from crying out. She needed to be strong for the two of them. She needed to do this even if she is hurting too much and even if he was hurting as well. It’s all for the better.


“Jiyong… Stop crying, I will always be here…” Dara muttered giving a glint of hope in Jiyong’s eyes and then continued, “as your noona… As your close friend and nothing else.”


Jiyong’s heart crushed into a million pieces after hearing what she said. He never wanted to hear it from her. Not from her. He cried like he has never cried before. He grabbed unto her and clung onto her. He looks so silly and desperate but he is desperate and he is certainly silly.


“No… No, don’t leave me… Dara..,” Jiyong muttered repeatedly as Dara can only shook her head. “I promise to behave… I’ll even become a monk if you want… I would act like a hermit and would never glance in another girl… Just don’t leave me…”


“You don’t love me anymore… “ Dara said in a low pitch voice.


“I do… I do love you.” Jiyong muttered.


“I know you did…” Dara responded.


“It’s not in the past!” Jiyong yelled.


“It was in the past.” Dara muttered.


“How can you say that!” Jiyong yelled in frustration.


“If you still love me, why would you go to another woman’s arms? Once can be understandable but… A lot of times, Jiyong?” Dara stated as her voice broke. She tightens her fist as her last attempt to stop her tears.


“They are nothing! It was to relieve me from my ual frustrations! I’m just a GUY!!” Jiyong blurted out without realizing what he was saying. His mind was lost and for the first time, he wasn’t in control.


“AND I’M JUST A GIRL! I’m just a girl that got hurt hearing her man going off into another woman’s arms. Hearing it out from you makes it more depressing than ever. It made me think, do you really need to go to another woman for it?” Dara yelled back and she can feel her tears starting to form on her eyes.


“Huh?” Jiyong asked surprised written all over his face.


“If you needed it or if you had felt the urges, you could have told me. I am willing to give it to you. I am willing to do it with you because I love you so much. When I heard it, I felt a lesser woman compared to those girls you claim to used.” Dara exclaimed with a pained look.


“I didn’t know…” Jiyong stuttered.


“Because you never asked me. Because you never wanted to listen to what I have to say. Because you were too busy finding another girl to sleep around!” Dara responded.


“I.. I’m…” Jiyong muttered but was stopped by Dara.


“Stop saying sorry. Let’s just stop pretending that we still wanted to be in this relationship. Both of us are hurting and we needed to let go.” Dara muttered and felt pain when she noticed Jiyong’s grip on her arms.


“Let’s remain as friends.” Dara said as she freed herself from the tightening grip of Jiyong and step away from Jiyong then turned her back from him. “Goodbye, Jiyong-ah…” Then runs away from that place, away from the memories of them and away from the lingering feeling she has with him.


And all she can hear now was his scream.


-oOo-


Minzy reached their dorms and saw that the lights were out. Probably her unnies were still busy in their personal life and she was about to go to her room when she hears familiar sobs. She dropped all her things and runs towards Dara’s room. She slowly turned the knob and she saw her.


She saw her Dara-unnie curled up like a ball and crying again.


“Dara-unnie…” Minzy thought aloud making the older girl looked up. The next thing she saw was Dara getting up and dashing towards her to hug her.


“Minkkiii-aah…” Dara yelled in between her tears.


Minzy hugged her back and led her back into her room. She let her unnie lay on her lap and brushed her brown wavy hair as Dara narrated to her the adventures she had in Busan. She was happy to know that Dara was slowly opening up to her.


“I ended it.” Dara blurted out of nowhere.


“Huh?” Minzy asked.


“We broke up, Minki.” Dara muttered out of the blue with her eyes close and the image of the pleading Jiyong is still fresh in her mind. She whispered, “He is crying and begging me to stay… Am I cruel?”


Minzy figured out that she must be talking about Jiyong-oppa and their relationship. She wonders if Jiyong was feeling the same way as her unnie. If this is how people fall in love, she doesn’t want to fall then.


“Am I heartless girl? He was begging… Imagine, the great Kwon leader was begging me to stay… but I still walk away…” Dara said making Minzy’s heart wrenched.


Minzy brushed Dara’s hair and wiped off all the dried tears on her eyes.


“You are not. You are very strong girl, unnie. You managed to walk away from him even if it was hurting you twice as much as he was hurting. I am very proud of you unnie.” Minzy said like a lullaby until the older girl has finally managed to fell asleep.


“Ah love is such a cruel word.” Minzy thought aloud as she closed her eyes.


-oOo-


Meanwhile, Chaerin and Bom were at the airport picking up their unexpected visitor. They were in the café with shades and hoodies to disguise them. She practically dragged out Bom out of their dorms so that they can pick them up.


At first Bom has declined and wanted to go home but when she found out who were going she immediately calmed down and agreed.


“They are so late.” Bom stated as her neck was getting longer trying to look for the visitors. She looked at Chaerin who was busy looking for the visitors as well. “Are you sure that they were arriving at this time?”


“I’m so sure unnie… They were arriving with their private jet, I think?” Chaerin answered unsurely.


“Aigoo, Chaerin! You should make sure about this kind of things!” Bom exclaimed while pouting when she saw a familiar figure coming out. “Oh goodness, they’re here!”


“Hello there, Chaerin-sshi! Hello there, Bom-sshi.” Jun greeted them with small wave and a smirk.


“Oh goodness, you’re speaking Korean?” Bom asked excitingly.


“He learned the language too eagerly and I was forced to learn it with him.” Kazunari commented earning a friendly elbow blow from Jun.


“Ah what can you not do for love…” Bom commented dreamily.