THREE: UNENDING TEARS

Wavering Hearts

 

 
They were spending the holidays in Japan secretly. It wasn’t announced to the public that they would be going to Japan since they don’t want to create issues that can affect their career. After all, YG was rewarding the girls for their hard work and he knew how the girls wanted to visit Japan to unwind.
 
Bom would usually go to the stores that specialize in healthy food and medicines. She often drags the Seunghyuns’─Top and Seungri ─ in her shopping spree. They have no choice since Bom is known for her not-so-violent way of persuading and they still want to live a longer life.
 
Chaerin would often go with Yanggaeng and visit some boutiques or accessories shops to check out for the latest fashion and trends that would fit 2NE1. After going to shopping, they would eat or dine out together and sometimes hanging out with Yanggaeng’s Japanese friends.
 
All’s left would be the Dara and Minzy─ known to be the maknae and wannabe maknae by the family. Minzy would be watching her seniors’ practice or would simply watch some Japanese shows. She would often go to the nearby stalls or stroll around to unwind and most of the time; she would accompany her favorite unnie whenever her favorite oppa would not be around. Well, he is mostly not around as expected.
 
Minzy saw Dara looking outside the window. She walked towards her to invite her to stroll around when she notice the dried tears on her unnie’s cheeks. She smiled timidly and hugs Dara from behind.
 
“Did he make you cry again?” Minzy whispered behind Dara’s ears as she squeezed herself in the little space behind Dara’s back. She wipes off the dried tears and pulls her closer then she whispered, “Hush, unnie… Let it all out, I’m here.”
 
Dara who has been holding back her tears finally gave up and face Minzy. She let out a deep breath as tears started to flow freely and she mumbled in between the tears, “I know, Minkki-ah and I’m thankful that you─ the girls─ were there for me. I really do. Pardon your unnie for being a crybaby.”
 
“I hate seeing you like this unnie. Where is my adorable and dorky unnie who always steal the maknae position from me?” Minzy said with a weak smile as she bit her lower lip to hold her tears back. She held the older girl closer and tighter then continued, “Why do I always see you crying nowadays because of oppa? Shouldn’t he be the one to make you smile and not to make you cry?”
 
Dara smiled and hold her breath as her attempt to stop the flow of her tears. “Minkki-ah, love isn’t all about happiness. It also brings pain and sadness. After this, it would be like a rainbow after the storm.”
 
Minzy’s fist clenched tightly and met with Dara’s eyes. She saw the pain and sadness in her unnie’s eyes. Gone was the happy Dara and it seems that gloomy Dara was here to stay.
 
“Seeing you like this, crying quietly in some corner. I think I would rather not experience love at all.” Minzy stated with conviction and brushed off the hair that was covering Dara’s face. “
 
“Unnie, love, as far as my young mind can understand, shouldn’t be like this. I don’t understand why its only you who was crying. I don’t understand it at all.” Minzy added as she gently pinch her unnie’s face that made Dara smile amidst the tears.
 
“Minkki-ah… Do you hate your crybaby unnie?” Dara asked as she wiped her own tears and a weak smile formed on her lips.
 
Minzy shook her head and pouted.
 
“I can never hate my unnie but…” Minzy answered and paused as she looked at the framed picture of the Great Kwon Leader on the side table. She pointed at the photo and continued, “… but I’m beginning to hate him for always making you cry. You don’t deserve this at all. Not at all.”
 
Dara shook her head and gave her dongseng a tight hug as she whispered on Minzy’s ears, “Please do not hate him. For me, don’t ever hate him.”
 
-oOo-
Chaerin and Yanggaeng just arrived at the apartment where they were currently staying when they heard two people whispering to each other. Chaerin recognized the voices and she was about to pounce and surprised the two people but stopped when she heard her crying again. She gritted her teeth and her fist automatically clenched tightly as she heard her begging their maknae not to hear the son of a jerk.
 
She wanted to confront him about her but she doesn’t want to intrude on their lives. She─ just like the others─ can only watch the two of them going around circles but only one thing was constant. She always ends up crying and hurting. It was hard when all you can do was watch and cannot do anything. She can just watch her cry all night long; hear her every word she mumbles during her sleep and watch her lost herself because of all the pain.
 
“Yanggaeng-oppa, why is he making her cry?” Chaerin whispered as she held her tears and anger for the great Kwon leader.
 
“It must be just a misunderstanding, Chaerin. I know Jiyong would take care of her.” Yanggaeng answered in defense for his friend.
 
“A misunderstanding? Right. How many misunderstandings has he caused that made Dara-unnie cry a river… I wanna know because I really wanted for him to clear it to her.” Chaerin muttered as she felt the pain from too much clenching of her fist.
 
“You shouldn’t judge Jiyong. You should also hear her side. You should know him better than that, Chaerin.” Yanggaeng exclaimed.
 
Chaerin’s lips curved into a smile and nodded as if she thought of a great idea. She took another sneak at the two people on the living room and gave Yanggaeng the bags she was holding.
 
Yanggaeng accepted it reluctantly and frowned at her. He raised his right eyebrow and asked, “What’s this for? Where are you going?”
 
She smiled viciously and walked towards the door then turned back to answer, “You told me to hear his side, right? I would. I’ll ask for his side whether he likes it or not and I’ll judge whether my anger can be justified. Please do tell unnie I just need to fix some things.”
 
Chaerin walked out of the room leaving a stunned Yanggaeng alone with bags on his hands. He can only shake his head and thought, “GD, you better have an acceptable excuse or suffer the consequences.”
 
-oOo-
 
Jiyong was hanging out in a nearby café with some models and the other Big Bang members excluding Top (who was forced by Bom to go to shopping with her.). Youngbae was shaking his head as he saw how his best friend was being too touchy to a model whose name he had forgotten and saw how Seungri seems so envious to the leader.
 
Youngbae saw the model caress Jiyong’s thigh as if seducing him in daylight. He told himself to be patient since he doesn’t want to cause any scandals in Japan that might ruin their name but his patience runs out when he saw the model petting the neck of his best friend and Jiyong seems to be enjoying it. He was about to burst out in anger but was interrupted by Daesung first.
 
“Hyung, I don’t think it’s proper for you to do that since you already have her.”Daesung said emphasizing the last words.
 
Jiyong glared at the younger guy and snorted.
 
“Are you envious, Daesungie? Kiku, dear, I think Daesung-ie is jealous. Why don’t you ask some of your friends to entertain him?” Jiyong playfully said as he pulled the girl closer to him.
 
“Oh, I’m sorry about that but my friends were a bit shy. Nami-chan, why don’t you go ahead and introduce yourself properly to Daesung-ie?” Kiku said with a laugh and gave a peck on Jiyong’s lips.
 
“It’s not about being envious, hyung! You should think about noona! It would have been more acceptable if noona isn’t here but she’s here, hyung! She’s here waiting for you to come home!” Daesung yelled and pushed the model named Nami away from him.
 
Youngbae’s eyes widen as he saw Daesung walked out of the café. It was the first time he saw Daesung burst out like that but he applauds Daesung for voicing out his opinion. He feels the same way but he needs to stay here to prevent from anything more than kissing to happen. He saw Seungri’s once-gleeful face into a gloomy one.
 
“Hyung, Daesung-hyung is right. How about noona? What will happen if she knew about this? Why don’t we go home now and spend some time with the girls?” Seungri muttered in a very small voice.
 
“You can go if you want and besides, something she doesn’t know won’t harm her.” Jiyong said and was about to add something when he felt water being poured down on his head. He immediately stood up and pushing Kiku away from her. He was enraged and was ready to yell at whoever did it but when he turned around, he was surprised.
 
“Chaerin?” Jiyong whispered.
 
Chaerin clapped her hands and shook her head with a bitter smile plastered on her face. The other boys can see the disappointed look on her face.
 
“Bravo, bravo. You’re right, Oppa. It won’t hurt unnie if she never knew this and I’ll make sure that you won’t ever hurt her again.” Chaerin said and pushed the leader violently towards the fish-faced model. She turned her attention to the model and looked at her from head to toes then smirked at her as she said, “You cannot even be compared to her. You’re not in her league.”
 
“Chaerin, apologize this instant! You’re being rude to my friend!” Jiyong exclaimed as he regained himself.
 
“Apologize? To whom to her?” Chaerin asked.
 
“Yes!” Jiyong answered.
 
Youngbae and Seungri can only watched as the two leaders started their staring match and saw Chaerin’s disappointed and bitter smile slowly forming on her lips again.
 
“I’m sorry. I’m sorry if I felt bad for you because I thought unnie was just thinking things. I’m sorry that I defended you from the others. I’m sorry if I thought that you are innocent in all of this and lastly, I’m sorry for believing in all the crap that you told to unnie.” Chaerin blurted out in anger and starts to walk out of the room.
 
“And oppa, I’ll keep this secret from unnie and not because I’m defending you. Rather because I’m tired seeing her cry because of you and your player’s way. If I see another tear from her because of you, oppa, I promise you that I’ll do everything for her to forget about you. Mark my words.” Chaerin said one last time before storming out of the café leaving the boys in disarray.