FIFTEEN: LONGINGS OF THE HEART

Wavering Hearts

 

Jiyong feels like he went back to his trainee days wherein all he does was to watch her and how she acts without him by her side. He can only look at her and yearn for her from afar. It but that was what he was doing now.
 
“Don’t smile for him…” Jiyong whispered as he sees her smiling sweetly at the Japanese guy that he doesn’t even want to name him. He doesn’t want to utter the name of the guy that has all the means to steal her and take her away from him.
 
His heart wanted to break into another million pieces. His breath was going faster and faster that it has become harder to breath. He wanted to leave and walk away now before he pity himself more but his feet don’t want to move.
 
Instead of stepping away, his feet led him closer, nearer to her—to them. Life for him now. He car hear her hearty laughter that he only used to hear. He was already hers but he let her go. He made her let go of them.
 
“I’m pathetic…” Jiyong mumbled as his eyes were on the two unknowing people in front of him. He saw him guide her as they walked making sure that the girl won’t fall due to her clumsiness. His heart wanted to yell pain and enough but his eyes don’t want to leave the couple.
 
-oOo-
 
Jun can feel that someone was watching them and cannot help but feel bothered about it. It’s not because he was conscious but rather he was more worried for the clueless girl with him. He smiled as he watched her play with the games in the amusement park.
 
“Aisssh! Ahjussi, can I try one more time? Please?” Dara pleaded to the middle aged guy who owns the stall for the game with puppy eyes.
 
He cannot help but chuckle when he saw the middle aged guy gave in to the whims of the adorable, dorky girl. His chuckled turned into laughter when he saw how she suddenly jumped when the guy gave in.
 
Such an adorable girl.
 
As he was about to approach her, he felt it again. He can feel the intense gaze but this time it was two times stronger than earlier.
 
“Ah, must be my imagination.” Jun thought as he shook off the uneasy feeling caused by the stare.
 
“Jun-chan! Come here and try this one out!” Dara called the guy who was having a blast from watching her earlier. Her face crumpled whenever she cannot hit the target and made the onlookers laughed at her antics.
 
“I don’t know how to play that…” Jun said.
 
Dara’s eyes widen and smiled sheepishly at the guy. She was thinking that she should not only be the one who looks clumsy in playing games. She needs an accomplice or rather a company at that. She grabbed him by the hand and paid for the game to prevent any backing out from the guy.
 
“Play, play Jun-chan!” Dara cheered the guy as she slyly gave the mini hoops.
 
“What should I do with this?” Jun asked.
 
“Shoot it!” Dara answered.
 
“I know!” Jun stated.
 
“Then, why are you asking me?” Dara asked in confusion.
 
“What I mean is where should I shoot it?” Jun asked as he slapped his forehead in frustration with Dara’s denseness.
 
“Ah! Sorry, sorry!” Dara sheepishly answered with a smile and pointed at the purplish bunny on the top left side. She yelled, “I want that one! Looks like a baby tamtam!”
 
Jun gave Dara thumbs up and winked at her before shooting the purple bunny. At the count of three, he managed to successfully caught the stuff toy. Dara clapped her hands together when she saw it. She was about to get the prize when Jun got it first.
 
“Thank you” Dara said as she opened her arms as if waiting for Jun to give out the stuff toy.
 
“Hmmm… For what?” Jun asked with a confused look.
 
“For the mini Tamtam…” Dara answered as she pointed out using her lips at the stuff toy.
 
“Who told you it’s for you?” Jun asked as he hugged the stuff toy tighter earning a pout from the younger girl.
 
“But I thought it was for me…” Dara mumbled without looking at Jun.
 
Jun laughed at the girl. Why is she so adorable in his eyes? He seriously wonders why since she’s not doing anything special or she never intended to act cute and stuff. She seems so shy.
 
“But… I want that…” Dara mumbled again.
“You are such a meanie, Jun-chan!” Dara exclaimed and crossed her arms.
 
“Huh? Why am I meanie now?” Jun asked with an amused look on his face.
 
“Because I thought you’ll give that to me…” Dara muttered and pouted as she pointed at the stuff toy. She really wanted it.
 
“Hmm… I’ll think about it.” Jun stated and walked towards another game stall leaving Dara with no choice but to follow.
 
-oOo-
 
Jiyong saw him playing with Dara just like the way he did before. He can see her pouting because she didn’t get what she wanted. He should be the only one who should see that expression on her but here she was letting the others see how cute she was.
 
Damn.
 
He wanted to rash over there and dragged her away from those gawking guys. He saw the Japanese guy walking away and leaving her. He was about to approach her since her supposed to be date for the night left her but he saw her stomped her feet and followed the guy.
 
“D, why are you following him?” Jiyong thought as he watched her disappear into the crowds.
 
He was about to follow them when he felt his phone rang. He looked at the LCD to see who called and it was Youngbae. He reluctantly answered the phone as his eyes were still on the path where they disappeared.
 
“Hello? What’s up?” Jiyong whispered.
 
“Ah, Ji! Where are you now? I heard from Seungri that you followed them?” Jiyong heard Youngbae asked over the phone. He swore that the rat will really get it from him. The maknae was being too nosy again in his opinion.
 
“Yeah.” Jiyong grunted in answer.
 
Youngbae asked if he was alright after seeing her with another guy. Jiyong wanted to scream at his bestfriend and asked if anyone would be alright if he saw the one he loves with someone else. Who on their right mind would be okay with that? He wanted to yell and scream at him but he chose to be silent.
 
“… what you’re feeling right now was nowhere near what noona felt when you cheated on her..” Jiyong heard Youngbae muttered which made him grit his teeth. Of course, he knew that. He knew that whatever he was feeling wasn’t even in par with the hurt he gave her.
 
“I know, dude. I know.” Jiyong mumbled as his fist clenched tightly.
 
“Why don’t we drink to it?” Jiyong heard Youngbae asked and he smiled.
 
“Sure. I guess that would be better than stalking her?” Jiyong agreed which made his bestfriend laughed at his laugh statement.
 
“It’s much better dude. Same place. “ Jiyong heard Youngbae before ending the call.
 
He looked again at the direction where they disappeared into and he sighed.
 
“There’s nothing else I can do right now…” Jiyong whispered into the thin air.
 
-oOo-
 
After spending a few more hours with Jun, she has finally arrived at home and saw Bom with the girls watching some late night show waiting for her. She pouts and slumps herself in the nearest couch while suspiciously looks at the three.
 
“You planned this all along?” Dara asked as she closed her eyes. She’s tired from roaming around and playing too much.
 
“Hmm…” Bom said as if ignoring the question thrown by the younger girl.
 
“I’m tired… “ Dara whispered.
 
“I heard Jiyong followed you… Have you seen him?” Bom asked.
 
“Eh?” Dara asked.
 
“It’s what I heard from Youngbae and Seungri.” Bom stated without looking at the younger girl.
 
“No, I haven’t seen him. Maybe Bae was mistaken…” Dara responded as she felt her heart race faster knowing the Jiyong followed her. She sighed and whispered, “Why would he follow us? We’re not even together anymore…”
 
“Maybe that’s the reason why he followed you… Because you are not together anymore…” Bom responded mysteriously.
 
“I don’t understand.” Dara admitted.
 
“Don’t try to.” Bom said as she faced her friend.
 
“But I’m confused…” Dara said without blinking her eyes.
 
“Don’t be.” Bom said as she pinched her friend’s cheeks.
 
“But do you think he really followed us?” Dara asked hoping that it was not true.
 
“I’m not sure either. It’s Kwon Jiyong were talking about.” Bom exclaimed which earned a nod from the maknaes.
 
“Ah, right…” Dara muttered into thin air as she closed her eyes again.