HOW COULD YOU????

Living In The Heart

 

 

“What are you doing?” I said as I sat next to Jaejoong and Jooyeon unnie with a bowl full of popcorns. We agreed to watch movies tonight. The two J’s is supposed to choose a movie but it seems like they did more talking than choosing any movies. Since when did this two become BFF?

 

“~~~~~~~~-ah, let’s watch horror movies”, my eyes just widen when I heard unnie’s suggestion.

“Na’ah!” I HATE horror movies. Hate it! Really, really hate it!

“Oh come on ~~~~~~!”

“NO!” I don’t want to!

“Please!” Jaejoong started to beg.

“NO!” Na’ah.

“But-“ Jaejoong stopped his words when the house bell rang.

“I got it!” I quickly ran towards the door than opened the door to see Siwon, Jiyong, Jessica AND Taeyang! Wow! I taught Siwon comes here for studying and not partying.

“~~~~~~~~! We bring snacks, DVD’s and cloth!” Jessica shows the stuff she brought.

“Ok and why do you bring all that?”

“Jooyeon unnie says that your parents aren’t home so she invited us for a sleepover!” That’s so cool of unnie!

“Come in than!” They all come in and we sat in the living room getting comfortable and all.

 

“Hyung, nuna, this is Taeyang. My long lost friend who will be attending our school tomorrow”, Jiyong introduce Taeyang to Jaejoong and unnie.

“Oh! Nice to meet you. I’m Jooyeon. You can call me nuna if you want”, since when unnie is all nice and welcoming? Gosh! What happen to her? It seems like an alien took over her body.

“Ah! Arasseo!”

“I’m Jaejoong”, Jaejoong always sounded cool when he talks to new people.

“Hi”, Taeyang seemed a bit shy and awkward since he doesn’t know this people except for me and Jiyong.

“Taeyang-ah, just chill ok. You’re apart of us now so just be yourself, arachi?” I want him to felt comfortable with us. He is apart of us now. I want him to be apart of us.

“You know him ~~~~~~~?” Unnie looked at me.

“Yes. It’s a long story”, I don’t want to be remind of that day.

“So, what movie are we going to watch?” Siwon asked as he scrambled the DVD’s that Jessica brought.

“I want to watch She’s The Man”, nice selection Sica!

“Eww! Let’s watch Death Race!” I have the feeling Siwon would suggest that.

“Man, that’s boring. What if we watch Step Up 3?” Jiyong not only has a great sense in fashion, but also in movies.

“I felt like watching horror movie”, stop with the horrifying unnie.

“Me too!” Ugh! Why Jaejoong always agrees with unnie?

“Horror sound good!” And Jiyong agrees too!

“I like horror movies!” Not Jessica too.

“Eww! No! I don’t like horror!” Ok. Didn’t expect Siwon to say that.

“Uhhhh! I don’t like horror!” Umma and appa is not here. Usually they’re the ones who accompany me until I sleep after I watch horror movie.

“What’s your opinion Taeyang?” All eyes went to Taeyang when Jaejoong asked him that. I could just beg him with my puppy eyes.

“I go with ~~~~~~~!” Yey!

“Thank you”, I mouth to him.

“We still have four votes so HORROR it is!” Oh great!

 

The whole movie was full of AAHH and AARRGGHH. Was it that scary? I don’t know because I wore an earplugs and cover my vision with a huge pillow that belongs to Jaejoong. I sat next to Jessica and Taeyang. I don’t know what’s scarier, the movie or Jessica’s scream. It was LOUD! Even when I’m wearing this earplug, I still could hear her scream LOUD and CLEAR. Taeyang on the other hand just stay cool and calmed. Good he’s so manly. Even the muscular Siwon screams once in a while.

 

After an hour and a half, the movie FINALLY ends. The so called brave Jaejoong quickly runs and the lights. Who’s scared now huh? “That’s one hell of a movie!” I could hear Jooyeon unnie voice shaken a bit. Definitely giving credits to the movie maker. He/she got to make THE Lee Jooyeon scared. That is such a great honor. He/she should really win an Oscar.

 

“~~~~~~~-ah, can you follow me to the kitchen? I need something to drink!” Sica, Sica, Sica. She really is adorable when she’s scared.

“Sure!” On our way towards the kitchen, the door bell rang. Both of us went to open the door since none of us are brave enough to open it alone.

 

“Sunny-ah!” I was shocked to see Sunny when I opened the door much more when Jessica is next to me.

“Oh! Devil!” That’s what Sica called her.

“Hi !” And that’s what Sunny called her.

“What are you doing here?” I haven’t seen you in a while and suddenly, you’re in front of me.

“Why? Aren’t you happy seeing me here?”

“No. I’m glad it’s just I’m shock. That’s all”, it’s true.

“Well can I borrow your math books? Yunho oppa says that I should borrow yours”, Yunho oppa? Should’ve seen that one coming.

“Come in first?” It’s dark and cold outside.

“Sure!” And she walks in and I asked her to wait at the living room. She was shock to see a lot of people there.

 

“~~~~~~~, since when did you hang out with THEM?” THEM means Jessica, Jiyong and Siwon.

“Since lately.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. Maybe because you guys always so busy”, it’s true.

“~~~~~~~, water!” Jessica whined like a little kid.

“Aww! Let’s go get some water ok?”

“OK!” She’s just TOO adorable to say no to.

“Sunny-ah, wait a little ok. I’ll get you the book once I accompany Jessica to the kitchen”, and I just walked away with Jessica.

 

When we arrived at the kitchen, Sica opened the fridge and took out a big bottle of water. Than she shove all the water into . She must be damn thirsty. I just smile and took a sip of fresh orange juice that unnie make everyday. It’s good for the skin.

 

“~~~~~~~-ah.”

“Hmm….”

“Um, are you still good friends with Sunny?” That question took my attention so I looked at her.

“Yes. Why?”

“Well, you see…um….” She seems like unsure if she should say it or not.

“What is it Jessica? Just tell me. I can handle anything”, I mean what’s the worst thing could be done by Sunny right?

“I saw her going shopping with Yunho oppa’s girlfriend last Saturday”, I was almost chocking on my drink that time.

“She WHAT?!” I can’t believe Sunny would do this to me.

“I saw her last Saturday with Yunho oppa’s girlfriend, Seul Ki unnie doing some shopping. Please don’t tell Sunny I tell you this. She would kill me.”

“Don’t worry. I won’t.”

“Are you mad at me?”

“Why would I be mad at you?”

“Because I didn’t tell you earlier about this.”

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier about this?”

“Because I’m not sure you will believe me. Sunny IS your bestfriend”, acceptable.

“Well, don’t worry. I’m not mad at you it’s just I can’t believe Sunny would do this to me. We were supposed to study together that day. She said her dog was sick so I canceled it. I can’t believe she stood me up for other people”, what kind of bestfriend does that?

“Don’t feel mad just yet ~~~~~~~. I think she must have a good reason behind it.”

“Really? It’s Lee Sunny we’re talking about here”, she never have reasons for whatever she does.

“Let’s just pretend like she does. Even though I don’t know her well except that she likes to mess with my life, I think she really cares about you ~~~~~~~. And she would NEVER do such a thing”, I can’t believe Sunny hate this girl so much. She practically defends her even when Sunny already did a lot of bad stuff to her. She really is an angle.

“I guess so. Let’s go get the book.”

“You want me to come with you?”

“Yes because it’s empty upstairs!” Even when I didn’t watch that horror movie, I’m still scared till my bone shook in horror.

“Ok!” So we both headed up stairs towards my room.

 

When we arrived there, I took the math book Sunny asked for and a notebook full with Yunho’s tips on how to get an A for math. Than we both ran downstairs towards the living room. There, we saw the others laughing, talking and giggling while Sunny just sat on one side staring at the crowd who seems to ignore her presence. Poor Sunny. She must felt awkward here. She doesn’t even know any of them personally except for Jaejoong and unnie.

 

“Sunny-ah, here!” I gave the books to her.

“I also insert some extra books in there for your revision incase you don’t understand it.”

“Oh! Thanks.”

“I’ll walk you out”, both of us headed towards the door. Sunny opened the door and was about to walk away when I called her out.

 

“Sunny-ah!” She just turned around.

“Wea yo?”

“Saranghae!” I make my cute figure of love. She just smiles sweetly.

“Me too.”

“See you tomorrow.”

“Ok. Bye!”

“Bye! Careful!”

“I know!”

 

I watched her walked away until my eyes can’t no longer detect her presence. I felt guilty for not inviting Sunny here. She must’ve felt like I’m ignoring her and all. Aish! I should make it up. What does Sunny like? Other than bully innocent people, farming, Justin Bieber and calling Junsu stupid. Ah! Got it! She likes chocolate cakes, chocolate ice-cream, chocolate marshmallow, chocolate covered strawberry and anything that rhythm with CHOCOLATE. That would definitely cheer her up.

 

I ran towards the kitchen to see if any of her chocolate favorite is at home. If there isn’t any left, than I guess I have to bake chocolate cake for her. I searched the whole kitchen of something chocolaty for Sunny but I found NONE. ZERO. NOTHING. Where are my chocolate ice-cream, chocolates and chocolate wafer? Uh! I ate it. I remember being craving for sweet stuff so I finished it all. It was damn good. Guess I have to bake cake for her. Let’s bake!

 

As I was busy baking, Jessica and Jooyeon unnie came to me. They all look at me as if I’m crazy. I know. Why do I bake a cake in the middle of the night like this right? “It’s for Sunny as a sign of apologies”, I jut said as I poured some hot coco inside the mixing bowl.

“Apologies? What did you do wrong?” Unnie looked at me.

“I just feel guilty for not spending more time with her.”

“~~~~~~~~, you’re really are a good friend even after what she did to you”, Jessica gets all admiring. I just smile.

“What did Sunny do to you ~~~~~~~?” I guess Jooyeon unnie doesn’t know.

“I’ll tell you later unnie. So do you want some help?” Jessica yawned tiredly as she offers to help. Even when she’s tired, she’s still wants to help me. Such an angle.

“Nah. I can handle it. both of you go to sleep ok?”

“Sure about it?”

“Yes.”

“Ok. Good night!”

“Good night!” I just watched them walked away happily. After a smile, I went back to work.

 

It took me few hours to bake such a perfect cake. I even do the topping and all. After I finished it, I put it inside the fridge to let it cool. When I arrived at the living room after that, I saw all of them already fallen asleep while watching the DVD. I smiled and turned off the television. I ran upstairs and pick up a few blankets and pillows. Some are for them and the rest is for me. After I put the pillows and blankets on them, I settle myself besides Jessica and sleep peacefully next to her. Need to wake early tomorrow to meet Sunny.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

THEnext day, I wake up extra early and make some breakfast for the others. Than I quickly get ready for school. Before I went out, I set the alarm clock so they won’t over sleep and end up being late. After everything is done, I quickly ran towards Sunny’s house which just a few blocks from mine. I was full of happiness today. I hope Sunny likes my cake and forgive me. I’ve been such a bad friend to her lately.

 

With a happy face on, I knocked on Sunny’s house door. After a few knocks, Sunny’s mom opened the door. “Oh! ~~~~~~~~!” She seemed to be really shock to see me there. I know. It’s too early for me to wake up right? Yeah. Sunny better appreciate what I’m doing if not I’ll strangle her to death!

 

“Annyeonghesayo umma!” Her mom is like my mom so I have no problem calling her umma.

“~~~~~~~~-ah. What are you doing here so early? Are you sick?” Hahaha!

“Aniyo! I’m here to find Sunny. I brought present!” I showed the box where I put the cake in.

“Sunny isn’t here. She sleeps at a friend house”, Sunny’s mom said WHAT?! Sunny DOESN’T sleep at other people’s house unless it’s MINE! It can’t be Changmin’s or Junsu’s because if it’s theirs, she would invite me to.

“ Which friend?” I know all of her friends.

“She didn’t tell me but she did gave me the address”, she walked in for a second and came out with a piece of paper and hand it out to me. I just took it and opened it. Why do I feel like I know where this house is?

“Thanks umma. I’ll go and see her there.”

“Ok. Be careful ok.”

“Ye. Bye!” And I ran towards where the street in the paper says. If I’m not mistaken, this is where Yunho live. Could it be….? Nah! It’s impossible. She’s my friend. She won’t do this to me.

 

I kept walking and walking and walking. With every steps I take, my heart beats faster and faster especially when it’s near Yunho’s house. If you’re wondering how I know his house, it’s because of Jooyeon unnie. She likes to make pet-stop at his house once a while.

There’s always something for her to do there. I guess that’s why they’re bestfriend and he called her ‘Jooyeonnie’. I still can’t let that stuff go you know. Aish! She’s my sister for God sake. Just let it go.

 

My legs gets wearier as my steps leads me towards the place I really wish Sunny isn’t at. Tears started too formed in my eyes. I thought God was really nice to me for giving me such a great friend but I guess I was wrong. Damn wrong! He gave me more like a curse because the friend I taught who was a gift spends the night at the house of the guy I really love and hate at the same time.

 

I really can’t believe Sunny would do this to me. And what is she doing sleeping at his house? Is she his or something? What kind of friend is she? What did I do to receive such a ‘blessing’ friend like her? What?!

 

The door house slowly opened. I gave a strong gaze at the girl who appeared behind the door. I could see her eyes widen when she saw me. The guilty face was all over hers. She quickly ran towards me trying to hold my hand and gave her ‘explanation’ but I quickly shook her hands off.

 

“LET GO OF ME!!!!!!” I was such in rage that my voice sound so scary even for Sunny. Even I think it’s scary.

“~~~~~~~~…..”

“Don’t you dare call my name!” After what you did, you don’t deserve to call my name ever again.

“~~~~~~~~-ah, hear me out….”

“Hear WHAT?! That you suddenly fall in love with him and decided to spend a night with him? Are you a huh?” I never felt this angry before.

“How could you say that to me? I’m your bestfriend ~~~~~~~.”

“Are you?”

“What-what do you mean?”

“What do I mean? Oh don’t act like you don’t know. You STOOD me up few days ago to go shopping with Yunho’s girlfriend. Do you think I don’t know huh? Am I a game for you? Is it fun playing me like this? Being nice in front of me and stab me in the back quietly?! IS IT?!” Rage really took over me this time. Just imagine if you were in my place. You would be damn furious too right?

“It’s not like what you think….”

“Stop giving me this bull! I am so tired of you Sunny! You always think that you’re better than other people. You just say anything you want without thinking. You do everything you want without even care about how others might felt. Where’s your brain huh? Do you even have one? If you have it, USE IT!” I can’t believe I said that to her.

“Yah! I always think about you. ALWAYS! I did everything to make you happy. Who’ the one who’s next to you when everyone lied to you about Yunho huh? IT’S ME! I’m always next to you but you NEVER appreciate it!”

“And you ever appreciate me? Is this the way you appreciate me? Sleeping with the man that had caused me pain? Is it?!”

“I’m not sleeping with him! I help to accompany Seul Ki unnie and Yunho oppa here while his parents are not home”, Seul Ki unnie huh?

 

Tears falls helplessly down my cheeks. I thought she was my friend but how could she do this to me? She’s helping the person who i can think as my aponent in this love war and the person who have destroyed my whole heart. Why does she love being around them so much? Are they better than me? Am I not good enough for her? I’m already not good enough for Yunho, I can’t be worst for my friend too. 

 

Yunho suddenly came out of the door. Our eyes meet as soon as he walked out. “Than do it….forever. don’t care about me again. God does make me so that everyone could play and hurt me like I’m some kind of animal”, and I just ran away from there with a shartted heart. The worst is, nobody even care about running after me. I guess I really meant nothing to them.

 

I really can’t believe this happens to me. How could you Sunny? How could you do this to me? Does our friendship all this time didn’t mean anything to you? Is all the kindness and love you gave to me was a fake huh? How could you do this to me? How could you? Why don’t you just stab me in the heart and end it all? Isn’t that better than hurt me like this and left me here to suffer all alone. God, take me away now. I don’t care anymore about life. I shouldn’t have care about it long time ago.