HEARTBEAT

Living In The Heart
“Where were you yesterday huh?! I was worried sick!” Sunny rushed to me as soon as she saw me. I did left her all alone yesterday.
“Mianhae Sunny-ah. I was carried away by my feelings that I forgot about you.”
“Nah. It’s ok. Are you ok?”
“I’m fine now”, for now.
“So did you find out who’s that girl is?”
“I did ask Jaejoong about it”.
“And he said?”
“Her name is Seul Ki and she’s their friend”.
“Not Yunho special friend?”
“No”.
“Are you sure?” I thought about it a little.
“No”, I sighed. No matter how hard I tried to convinced myself that Jaejoong wasn’t lying, I just end up blank. Deep in my heart, I want to trust him but I know, he was lying. But maybe, just maybe, what he said wasn’t a lie afterall. It would be good if it wasn’t.
“What if you ask Yunho yourself?” I looked up Sunny.
“I can’t do that. He might think I’m s stalker. Or worst, a crazy fan girl like the half population of girl in the school”, not a good idea!
“Maybe what Jaejoong said is true. It’s not like he ever lied to you”.
“You’re right! I should believe Jaejoong! Why would he lie to me anyway right?”
“Right!” Sunny nodded.
“Jaejoong won’t lie to me”, I looked as if I was so sure of it but my heart wasn’t. deep inside me, something felt wrong. God! Help me!

The rest of the day felt boring. It also went so slowly. As if it was in slow mo version. Aish! Jinja ya! Uurrhhh!! Just kill me already. Isn’t it bad enough that I have a doubt on my bestfriend/brother/first love?! Now I have to through this horrible school session that seems like it could go on FOREVER! This felt like hell. If this is hell, than what am 1? Devil? I’m too stupid and vulnerable to be a devil. But Junsu can. I mean, he looks sweet and charming outside but inside, gosh! Only God knows how evil he can be. But to compare him and Sunny’s evilish, he’s just like one drop of it. that’s why she got the name, DEVILY SUN!

When the bell rang, my whole body reacted to it as if it was sound of heaven. Yes! No more hell! I can’t wait to go home. I want to sleep. Eat. sleep. Eat. watch tv. Surf the internet. Sleep again. Eat again. That’s what I’m planning to do. Only those stuff can get out this mess inside my head. It’ll be better if I could get a long holiday at Bali but of course that wouldn’t happen so the best thing is to enjoy myself doing stuff that I love.

“~~~~~~~-ah, do you want us to accompany you home? Jooyeon nuna and Jaejoong hyung has to attend some extra classes and your dad won’t pick you up. It’ll a wonderful idea if we tag along”, Junsu asked.
“Who knows what will happen to you. so better save than sorry”, Changmin added.
“Like you could ever save ~~~~~~~. Remember what happen in the first grade?” I remember Sunny-ah. Minnie and Su tried to save me from the bully named kangin but ended up in the hospital. In the end, it was Jaejoong who save me. He’s my savior. That’s why he is so dreamy to me. Used to be. Not anymore I guess.
“No thanks guys. I can walk by myself. I could use some alone time right now”, so I can clear up my mind.
“Sure?”
“Ye. Bye!” I picked up my things and started to walk out of the classroom.

I walked with my mind and body not coordinated the same way until my legs suddenly stopped walking. I was infront of Yunho’s class. Why did I come here? Lee ~~~~~~~! What are you searching for? What are you hoping for huh? Yunho come and see you? than what? He assured you that the Seul Ki girl wasn’t his girlfriend? Like that’s going to happen! I sighed and turn around. Better get home now before I do more stupid stuff.

I was about to walked away when I heard the door slide opened. Please let it be Yunho. Please.

“Oh! ~~~~~~~-sshi!” Eh? Never heard that voice before. But how does he knows my name? I turned around to see a smiley angle who used his charm to woo girls so he could drag them to bed a.k.a Park Yoochun.
“Annyeonghesayo sunbae!” Quickly I bowed as a sign of respect to him not that I respect him or anything. He’s a ing playboy!
“Aww! You’re so cute! No wonder Yunho talks a lot about you”, he ruffled my hair and smile. If he wasn’t a damn playboy, I would definitely fall for that. But….. wait a minute! He said what? Yunho talks a lot about ME?! Am I hearing this right?
“He does?”
“Yeah. He said you’re cute, funny, adorable, easy going. A bit weird but he doesn’t care. He said, he felt comfortable when you’re around him. Something about he can be himself with you”, so all this while, he wasn’t himself when he’s with others?
“Jinja?!”
“Gurea!”
“Btw, how do you know my name?” Is it Yunho too?
“Who doesn’t know you. you’re Jooyeon’s dongseang. Of course I know your name. and Jaejoong keep on warning me every 5 second not to seduce you. PLUS, Yunho talks about you EVERDAY! It’s hard not to know you when you’re with them”, wow! I’m popular among unnie’s friend huh. Jaejoong worried about me too much. Yunho…. Aww…. He talks about me everyday. That is so sweet.
“I didn’t know that. Sorry if I ever cause you anything”, it’s not so pleasant to hear about me every second of the time right.
“Why apologize? I like to hear stuff about you. now that I meet you officially, I hope we can be friends”, Yoochun let out his hand.
“Ok”, I took his hand as a sign of the start of a new friendship.
“Cool! See you soon ~~~~~~~-ah!” And Park Yoochun walked away with a smile. Gosh! One by one unnie’s friend walk in to my life now. Who’s next?

“Yah! Why are you talking to that erted ?!” Jaejoong suddenly appeared in front of me. God! This guy surely don’t know how to say “hello”.
“Oppa! are you trying to kill me!?”
“Yes if you go near that again!” Talk about protective much!
“Oppa, I’m not interested in him ok”.
“You better not be!”
“Relax. I love someone else REMEMBER”, his face change 360 degree after hearing that. What’s wrong?
“Oppa!” I poked him in the stomach.
“What?”
“What’s with the dull face?”
“Nothing. So why are you here?” Good question. No answer.
“Um…. I…. Um…. I was searching for Jooyeon unnie!”
“Jooyeon? I’ll call her. JOOYEON!!!!” In a few second, Jooyeon unnie stand in front of me.
“~~~~~~~-ah, why are you here?”
“Nothing. Just want to tell you that I’m going home now”, so that you won’t worry sick about me.
“What if you wait until my class is over? It’s not save for a young girl to walk all alone”, she sounded like ahjumma right?
“Unnie! I’m a big girl I can take care of myself besides….” Suddenly, I was cut off by....
“There’s me”, all three of us looked at Yunho who stylishly standing next to Jaejoong with his basketball on one hand and his bag on another. Is it just me or is it he’s dashingly handsome today?
“I’ll accompany her. Our home is like few blocks away only. It won’t trouble me”, my heart skipped a beat when he putted his hand around me.
“Thank God there’s you Yunho. I fell so much better with you around her”.
“But….!” Jaejoong tried to argue but before he could say anything more, Jooyeon unnie pushed us out and close the door. Wth?! That is rude unnie!

“Ok. What was that?” Even Yunho is shock by unnie’s rude attitude.
“Maybe she’s in hurry”.
“Maybe….”
“Yeah….”
“Well, let’s go!” Yunho oppa just took my hand and we started walking out of the school.

My cheeks flushed into redness as people looking at us when we walked passed by them. I could hear people whispering things like “Is Yunho dating ~~~~~~~~?” or “They look good together!” and also “How dare that b*tch come near our Yunho oppa??!!” That is not a pleasant thing to be heard. Especially when it’s Kwon Yuri who said it. she’s is the evil queenka in our school. Beautiful, rich and cruel. The last person who gets on her nerve end up getting her face fixed up. The only people she is scare of would be Yunho and one and only Lee Jooyeon. That’s my sister. Well if you ask me, she’s not really scare of them both. She acts nicely and do what Yunho asked her to do because she’s madly in love with him. While my sister, it’s because she’s scared that she might get expelled from the school. So you see, I don’t want to be in the bad side of her.

But to think of it, I AM Lee Jooyeon ONE and ONLY sister. The WHOLE school knows about it so I don’t think she would ever had the guts to hurt me. But what if she DOES have the guts to hurt me? Am I going to die? Nah! That won’t happen. I know. Jooyeon unnie, Jaejoong, Junsu, Changmin and Sunny would NEVER let anyone even lay one finger on me if their purpose was to hurt me. It’s ok. Nothing will happen. At least not in the nearest time possible.

“~~~~~~~~-ah, where were you these days huh? It’s hard to see you around”, Yunho suddenly started up a conversation.
“Me? I’m always here. Always. It’s you who’s always so busy with stuff”, trying to catch a glimpse of you these days is like trying to catch a picture of UFO in the sky.
“Sorry it’s just that a lot of stuff had been going on with my life lately. Exam, the championship, family, friends, A LOT! I don’t think I have enough hands to handle all of it”, I looked at his tired face. Poor Yunho. I don’t think he even got his beauty sleep. His eye bag has gotten worst.
“Oppa, you need to rest you know!”
“I don’t have time to rest cutie”, cutie! Stop calling me that!
“Well make some time!”
“How?”
“Aish! I don’t know……” I just scratched my head until an idea popped in my mind.
“OPPA!!!!!!!” We both stopped walking.
“What?”
“I have THE most brilliant idea EVER!”
“Oh really? What is it?”
“It’s a surprise! I know you’re gonna love it!”
“Whatever you do, I will always love it”, damn this guy! He makes me blush again and again.
“Gaja!” It’s my turn to dragged him.

What I love about Yunho is that he won’t question whatever actions I took unlike some people. If he was Jaejoong, he would whined about how all the walk will make his beautiful legs hurt. If he was Junsu, he won’t move a muscle until I told him where we’re going. If he was Changmin, nah! Changmin is easy. Just said it’s about food, he’ll agreed with it. that’s why I love him the most!

“Oppa! I need you to close your eyes first!” It’s a surprise.
“Ok!” He let his tie loose and then tied it around his eyes. Gosh! The way he did that was totally HOT!!
“Now hold my hands tightly”, and he hold it so tight. I could felt the warmness spread around my heart.

Slowly, I took him inside the place. It’s a good thing Sunny’s aunt own this place. I could bring anybody in for FREE! Haha! I like free stuff. After we arrived at the centre of the place, I slowly opened his tie. “SURPRISE!!!!!!!!” Yunho oppa smile widely seeing where we are. I know he would like it. if I was stressing and all, I would definitely choose this place as my no.1 place to hang out.

“~~~~~~~~-ah, this is a funfair”.
“I know. You like it?”
“Yeah. A lot. but how do you know I like it?”
“Just a lucky guess. If I were in your position, this is where I would spend some time resting my mind so here we are!”
“Let’s play!”
“OK!!”

Yunho grabbed my hand and we started running around the funfair. There was so much attraction to be try. Rollercoaster, house of mirror, ferris wheel, haunted house, and much more. I just let Yunho drag me to where ever he likes to. I am trying to please him. First stop was the rollercoaster. Yup! The ride was A.W.E.S.O.M.E!! I love things like this and so does Yunho. It’s weird on how much thing we have in command. Like it was a destiny or something.

Then we went in to the house of mirror. Ah! I love this place. So much mirror. So much me! Do you know that I have been infected by Jaejoong’s mirror illness. Yes. I have been infected. I think the best stuff to do when you woke up is to see your fresh face in the mirror. This would be my favourite place of all. I think I should take Jaejoong here on his birthday. He will love me to death after that. Hahaha!!

We went here and there hand to hand. Never once his hand let go of mine. With him by my side, this world felt like heaven. As if nothing could break us apart. At times, the world seemed as if it’s stop and just stare at the both of us who get closer to each other with each breath we take. Only God knows how happy I am. I prayed to God, let this moment be the best moment in our life. I wish he will cherish this moment as much as I will. Forever and ever.

“~~~~~~~~~-ah, let’s go to the haunted house”, Yunho excitedly exclaimed. My whole body just froze. I’m not a haunted house type of person. I only went in like ONCE in a lifetime and that was with Junsu and Changmin. The three of us really hates haunted house since we’re too scared of ghost so Ms. Brave Sunny made a bet and who ever loose it has to go in the haunted house. As you guys know, we lost so the three of us went in with our whole body shaking. My whole body felt chilled as we take our first step in the haunted house. At first it was ok. No ghost around and I was starting to get bored.

I asked Changmin and Junsu, “Where the is all the ghost?” and that moment, one long hair, pale face and red eye ghost appeared in front of us. All of us ran away. I managed to find my way out. I just dashed out and knocking down all the ghost I encounter. It was nasty. Changmin ran behind me but a little slower. He lost his shoes in that house. Junsu….. Junsu is the most interesting one. He got lose in the house. In the end, one ghost bring him out. He was crying like a baby that time. Hahaha! I never will forget that day.

“~~~~~~~~, are you ok?” Yunho shook my body. I quickly smiled.
“I’m fine.”
“Let’s go!” I was about to argue but Yunho already pulled me inside the house. My sense quickly become alert. Yunho smiled and just acted cool while I was dying because of sacredness behind him. I quickly hugged his hand and pulled him closer to me. Yunho looked down at me and he hugged me tightly as he saw how terrified I was. “Don’t worry. Oppa’s here”, he smiled and we keep on walking.

Inside his embraced, I felt secure and safe. It managed to gave me courage that I never once had. Since little, I was so scared of ghost. Every time I watched ghost movies, I always end up sleeping with my parents. I still do that even until now. Really. I do (Author’s note:I actually really do). But inside Yunho’s arm, all the feeling went away. nothing bad will happen. It’s just a silly ghost.

One by one ghost we encounter and Yunho protectively protect me from all of them. He hold me tight and make sure I wasn’t able to see the ghost face so I wouldn’t be scared. I just leaned on his chest. Hurmm…. It so warm. Eh! I could hear his heartbeat. My blood suddenly rushed and my heart starts to pound so hard. OMG! Yunho just hold me closer and closer. Little by little, my heart calmed down and somehow, our heartbeat matches each other. In the end, our heart beats as one. Yunho oppa, can you hear this heart that beats for you?