Chapter 20: Hoping for Nothing

Wedding Kiss

 

Hoping for Nothing

                Evening strikes Seoul. Having the night very cold and a bit peaceful, it made Ah Hee think of nothing. Ah Hee rested on the coach and few minutes later she fell asleep. When she woke up, it was already 9:00 and she realized she hadn’t cooked dinner for Donghyun. She hurriedly went to the kitchen and started cooking. She yawns while cooking. Suddenly, she hears someone knocking the door from outside. She goes to check who it was. She opened the door and sees Bora. She looked serious and wasn’t drunk at all.

Bora: Is Donghyun home?

                At the same time Donghyun came and was shocked seeing Bora. Ah Hee’s eyes widen seeing Donghyun. Bora notices her expression and turns to see who it was.

Bora: Donghyun-ah…

Donghyun: Didn’t I tell you to get out of my life?

                Donghyun sighs then he avoided Bora and went straight inside the apartment.  Ah Hee’s eyes followed him as he entered. Bora follows inside. Ah Hee looked at Donghyun. Bora grabs Donghyun’s hand.

Bora: I can’t. I can’t forget about you. I can’t stop loving you or even stop being in your life. At the very start I already gave you my heart.

Donghyun: Did I give the permission to bury your love on me? I don’t love you… Have you ever thought of that?! If I would give myself to you won’t that be like putting me in prison. Don’t I have the right to love? What can I do? Force myself to love you?!

Bora: I’ll do anything to be your ideal girl…

                Donghyun faces her as she cried.

Donghyun: I follow my heart and my heart tells me… that I don’t love you…

                Bora looked at him and he turns away. Donghyun releases himself from her tight grab. Bora falls to her knees and cries. Donghyun went to his room and left Bora. Ah Hee goes near Bora.

Bora: I tried to be perfect for him but yet it seems like everything was meaningless.

Ah Hee: Why would you let yourself suffer because of him? Life itself can be good without him.

Bora looks at Ah Hee. She closes her eyes and cries.

Bora: Why can’t I listen to such thing? I just hope that I could realize it very soon that life can be better even without waiting for Donghyun to love me.  Donghyun loving me, would never happen right? If only I could believe on that.

                Ah Hee made tea for Bora. Bora waited on the coach but she decided to leave without Ah Hee noticing.