Chapter 1: Unwanted Faith

Wedding Kiss

Unwanted Faith

As she finally hears those wedding bells, her mind went back in time, the time where she first experienced a fairy tale that until now has not ended with a happy ever after.  She is about to get married to a guy not of her dreams. Wearing her wedding dress, she sat on her bed, hopelessly thinking of nothing. Her heart comes rushing with tears in her pain. She always knew that she can’t solve things with just crying. But what can she do when everything seems so impossible. This marriage can only become possible since Ah Hee needs to help her father.

Ah Hee’s family was broken when her mother died 16 years ago. When so much pain was kept in her father’s heart because of her mother’s disappearance, her father can no longer bare it and finally decided to remarry another girl. Ah Hee’s father, Park Jung Hwa chose to marry Ji Young but didn’t know what her true personality was.

Ah Hee’s father married this girl who already had a daughter with another guy. Their marriage was legal since Ji Young was no longer with that guy and when years already passed by, the company of her father experienced bankruptcy because of Ji Young’s wrong use of their money. She spends a lot of money on buying jewels, clothes and drinks for herself as well as for her daughter. This situation brought Ah Hee to her unwanted faith which is to marry a guy she doesn’t love. Ah Hee needs to marry the son of the owner of a known company in Seoul, Korea to be able to save her father’s company. Ah Hee is about to risk love for her father. Now, Ah Hee went with life wherein there is no use to push through when faith seems to be so unfair.

While she’s inside of her room thinking of nothing, her friends, Shin Min Sung and Lim Min Rin came and try to comfort her.

Min Rin: Ah Hee Yah, Why don’t you just tell your father that you don’t like to marry a guy that you don’t even love?

Ah Hee stared at her with a gloomy look. Sweat drops from Min Rin and at the same time she said.

Min Rin: Or maybe not.

                For a while they were in silence and at last Ah Hee looked at them saying.

Ah Hee: I don’t have enough strength to ask him such favor. I would feel ashamed whenever I could not fulfill anything for him even though I owe him so much.

                Ah Hee looked down. Both Min Rin and Min Sung sighed. While Min Rin arranges Ah Hee’s hair, Min Sung took a look for some jewelry that would perfectly suit Ah Hee. Seeing a beautiful silver ring, she took it and thought that it would be perfect on Ah Hee.

Min Sung: Ah Hee I saw a ring that would suite you!

                She turns to Min Sung and sees the silver ring. She remembered the ring and it reminded her of an important part in her past that she would never forget. She stared at it for minutes and then wore it.  She was puzzled if it was even right to fight for her own right or would she stay still on what she’s in right now and just accept her bitter future.

BONUS TRIVIA: Was the ring somewhat important to Ah Hee? What do you think?

State your theory before reading the answer.

 

ANSWER: The ring sure plays an important role in Ah Hee’s life. The background of this ring will soon be revealed in the latter part of the story. The story will surely fill you with curiosity.