010;

Should I, Should I Not

❝ chapter ten

e r i c ’ s

 


 

    “Eric, let’s go prepare for our segment now.” 

 

I nod and follow Park Narae sunbaenim to the waiting room. We get our scripts from one of the staff on our way and he reminds us that we’re going to start in about 10 more minutes. I’ve done hosting live show before and 3 minutes of announcing the award can’t be that hard but we’re talking about all of these incredible seniors sitting right in front of us. Better yet, I can only focus on what happened a while ago. 

 

    “So, do you want me to act like I don’t know anything about a while ago?” Park Narae sunbaenim asks, her lip pulling into a grin. “It makes me really happy to know that some couples from the show actually have feeling for each other off the camera.” 

 

Oh, you have no idea. 

 

    I laugh. “Please don’t tell anyone else about this.” 

 

    “Don’t worry, I’m really good at keeping secrets.” 

 

We eventually move on to practice our script until there’s a text notification from my phone. I excuse myself and check my phone to see a Kakao message from Yongsun with an image attachment. Another one pops up and it’s also an attachment. If she sends me selfies of herself right now, I might really mess up the live show in 3 minutes. I open the messages and almost instantly, several photos pop up in my message. One of them is a picture of her members holding chicken feet with a completely expressionless face staring straight at the camera. Under it comes a message.   

 

 

Mamamoo is scary. Mamamoo is definitely scary. 

 

 

 

The show ended an hour and a half after Yongsun left and I finally found myself back inside the car and relaxed comfortably since the whole 4 hours of live show. Too many things happened at once today without a break. From Yongsun surprisingly appeared from one station to another station when I was totally convinced that she wasn’t coming, then to the sudden tension between us, then to us actually won the award when we both knew someone else deserved it better than us, and finally to the kiss. 

 

    “Eddie called while the show was still running a little while ago and you’ve been added to a group chat in Kakao.” My manager said and handed me my phone. “I don’t know if it’s one of those over-obsessive fans or your friends but maybe, you should check it out.” 

 

I nod and take my phone although I’m really convince that it’s not from a fan. Idols have those kind of fans, really really famous idols like EXO and Bangtan. But, me? The possibility of it is too low for him to even mention it. It could be Jimin or Ailee or somebody else I’m closed with.    

 

 

I chuckle at all the chaos in the chatroom from her members exposing her derp selfies to outright planning our meeting without her right in front of her face. Wheein is the only one who seems to be calm enough or maybe she’s just more excited about having American BBQ tomorrow. I smile and type back a reply to Wheein and Yongsun then watch as my phone continuously alerts new messages from the girls. This is going to be a long night. I hope they manage to get into her house though.