014;

Should I, Should I Not

❝ chapter fourteen

e r i c ’ s

[blue text = spoken in english]

 


 

It has been exactly 5 months since we started dating - 1 month completely went by without us seeing each other. Yongsun is gearing up for her own comeback which is in a month and I’m busy flying in and out constantly, at one point she said I look like the zombie she watched in the Walking Dead. My girlfriend, that’s my girlfriend. 

 

I’m finally in Korea again and I’ve been staying inside the recording studio for the whole day. In the corner of the studio sits the room fragrance she gave me the last time. She called to asked where was I and suddenly, she said she’ll be coming over. Oh well, maybe I could introduce her to one of my closest friend here. 

 

    “I can’t believe I’m going to meet Solar today. Do I look good?” 

 

    “Come on, hyung. Just be normal.” I laugh as I watch him frantically rolling his sleeve up and down then proceeds to spray on some perfume. “And, she doesn’t like too much perfume. Just telling.” 

 

    “You should have told me before I spray this on.” He complains.  “When is she coming?” 

 

    “I don’t know.” I laugh. “Let’s just continue, you will see when she arrives.” 

 

    “You haven’t seen her in a month. Why are you still so calm?” 

 

Truth is, I missed her a lot. I’d be really excited but we just video called this morning along with her sister. Apparently, Yonghee only came to Korea to get a new visa and documents because she’ll be moving to London for good. We met up last time and she was hard to read just like Yongsun at first but gradually open up and we’re a lot more closer now. Sometimes, we would just team up together against Yongsun and she would just sulked because, Come on, I already got bullied enough by my members before I come here. I wasn’t sure what to call her at first but we found out we’re born in the same year so we’re just going by our names. 

 

There’s a few knock on the door then the door slides open. From the reflection in the glass wall in front of us, she’s wearing an oversize black hoodie and she hides in the hoodie so it isn’t possible to see her face at all. Her hands are occupied with foods and drinks so I walk over and help her out. 

 

    “Hi.”

 

    “Hi.” She whispers back before turning to my friend and gives him a bow. “Hello!”

 

    “Hello!” He beams back, a little bit too enthusiastic and he must have realizes it himself too so he pulls himself back together again and reaches his hand out to shake hers. “I’m Eric’s friend and a composer, Joon Kim.” 

 

    She shakes his hand back. “Mamamoo’s Solar. Nice to meet you.” 

 

    “You didn’t have to buy this.” I motion to the food and drinks. 

 

    “You need to eat and drink something else other than coffee.” She said and removes the hoodie from her head. “You guys have been here the whole day, have some snacks and drinks.” 

 

Strands of pink hair falls over her face and I frown a little bit. I must be hallucinating from having too much caffeine in a day. Then, she completely pulls her hoodie off and I stare at her pink hair in amusement. She stares at me back but she’s tense and I end up staring at her for a good 1 minute without a word. Her hair is short, she cuts it just a little bit below her shoulder and she’s pink. Literally pink.

 

Oh my god.

 

    “What?” She asks softly and takes a seat next to me. “Is this too ugly? Should I change my hair color? Byul teases me that I look like a grandma.” 

 

A grandma with pink hair, which grandma did she see? 

 

    “You're pink." 

 

     "Yeah, it sorts of just happened."

 

      "But your hair was still dark this morning."

 

    “It wasn’t dark, it was quite light too.” She shrugs and takes a sip of her passion juice, something she’s been obsessed with these days. A few weeks ago, it was avocado shake. “We have a photoshoot for our teasers tomorrow and someone edits a picture of me with short hair and pink hair so I thought it wasn’t that bad but Byul keeps on saying I look like a grandma when I put my hair into a low bun.” 

 

I laugh, watching her complains. She always does this whenever she meets me. When I ask her why doesn’t she tell them that and she said she’ll never win the three of them alone but she’s the one who gets the most upset if she comes across a negative comment about them.  

 

We eventually take a seat and Yongsun is snuggling closer to me while I write my lyrics. I have one of my hands wrap around her waist for quite a while and Yongsun doesn’t seem to mind it at all. Occasionally, I peck her cheek or her hair while casually continue jotting down several lyrics and she smiles at that, a tiny blush visible on that mochi cheeks of hers. God, I can’t believe I could actually get this lucky.

 

The pink in her hairs accentuates her soft, pink lip really well. It brings out the color in her skin and god, I swear I’ve never seen anyone who looks so good like she does. I’m the luckiest man alive. Suddenly, my eyes focused entirely on her lip and I lean in to kiss her. She doesn’t seem to be taken aback much and kisses me back - Joon hyung is still oblivious and deep in his work, so we’re safe - and when she runs her tongue against my lip, I smile a little against her lip. 

 

    “Donuts?” She whispered when we pulled away. “Good thing I brought food. You can’t just have donuts and coffee for your meal.” 

 

I laugh and give her another peck and she smiles, a small blush creeps on her cheek.

 

    “My mom listened to your Solar’s Emotion Part 4.” I said after a few minutes of holding my pen in mid-air and coming up with nothing. “She loves it a lot, it has been on repeat for quite a while now.”

 

Well, she can be quite distracting but who cares, these lyrics won’t make it into my album or the public anyway. That’s always how it is. 

 

She giggles and then screams and her cheeks turn even redder before. I laugh at that, Joon hyung looks just amused that a female girl group member would actually laugh like this. I whisper a what and she giggles even more then hit my arm several times. 

 

Joon hyung later suggested Yongsun singing it here at the studio and maybe we could record a more personal version of the song and sent it to my mom. I declined though, it might be too embarrassing for her, even I found it embarrassing to sing just for my parents in private but Yongsun agreed to it, and later added that it’s about the time she personally greeted my mom once since I’ve already greeted hers. 

 

The wall was transparent, she had the headphone on and she was completely in her element - the amazing Mamamoo’s leader, Solar who is great at singing and passionate about every bits of it. She checked the systems, then her voice echoed in our side of the studio. It was definitely something I’m used to, checking and recording but strangely, it made me feel weird, somehow part of this made me feel like I’ve achieved something I had no idea about. 

 

She smiled at me then her body found itself along the rhythm and the melancholy melody . 

 

Interlude. Leggo.